“Delicious throughout!”

Zest Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Fonthill
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This casual industrial chic dining establishment offers local flavours from local farmers, Niagara & International wines and local craft beer Chef and his culinary crew create an exciting dining experience for you and your guest(s). Welcome to Pelham!
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was a quieter Friday night since it is the Holidays. But still the restaurant was almost full. The welcome was friendly and warm. The menu boasts a small selection of appealing dishes and there is also a feature available. I had a menu item, the duck magret, and my spouse had a feature, the venison plate. We started off with the calamaris and the king prawns and crab cakes. Both appetizers were really yummy. The calamaris were big pieces very lightly battered and golden. Very tender and not chewy at all. The cakes were delicious and the prawns really helped the texture. The duck was cooked to perfection as was the venison, rare but not bloody. Sides were equally tasty. We shared the poached pear bread pudding for dessert. Inventive and tasty, topped with caramel ice cream. The wine selection was also good and perfect to accompany the dishes. The atmosphere is relaxed.

1  Thank Kitinefoodie

Reviewed October 3, 2013

On deciding to give Zest another chance we arrived hopeful. Unfortunately it began with a pretentious delivery of menu specials and the food was adequate in taste, scant and overpriced. The seafood risotto consisted of approximately one cup of something similar to Rice-a-Roni with a handful of seafood tidbits. Others in our party were equally disappointed in their selections. This establishment has potential but needs to improve.

3  Thank AdvocateAnnie
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great dinner, wine and service! Everything is delicious here...my nine year old even loves it! Calamari! Duck! Try the beef! Chicken is so tender! Great wine list and desserts too. Very romantic! Great ambiance!

We had Laurel for a server and she was really good!
The kitchen is viewable from the dining room...we love it!

2  Thank Susie B
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate at the restaurant on the weekend and throughly enjoyed ourselves. We have eaten at the restaurant many times but I have never submitted a review.

I had the Beef Tenderloin special which was spectacular - highly recommended. I'm not a fan of gnoochi so I substituted it for onion rings. They are better suited to beef in my opinion.

We had both red and white wine from California which were average quality. If I had one critisim of the restaurant it would be they often run out of menu items. They offer a very short menu so this can sometimes be disappointing.

2  Thank Dashriprock22
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I eat at Zest at least once a month and I have never been disappointed. Laurel is a fabulous waitress and her delivery of the specials encourages you to want to try everything! The food is always fresh, creative, and reasonably priced. This is one of my favourite restaurants and I take all of my friends here to experience the uniqueness and brilliance.

3  Thank ProfessorOT