“Cute place, decent meal!”

The Urban Steakhouse and Lounge
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Fonthill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Ate here with a group on a Saturday night. Place was full. Service was good for time of evening. Drinks same readily, more than one waitress made sure our group was well covered. I had the ravioli which was lovely. Rest of group had Prime Rib, big portions but they complained privately neat done ness was over done for what they ordered. I never order PR out as I find it a crap shoot anyway unless you are at The Keg. I would eat here again. Live band starting up ad we left which would have been fun to sit in the lounge and listen had there been time.

1  Thank ThePiratesPaw

Reviewed August 14, 2014

14 of us stopped in there for lunch, now that seems like a lot but there was only 4 other people in the restaurant who were already eating. We waited 45 mins for our food to start coming out. Now we expected to have a wait because of the size of our party, however after the 45 minutes.. only 2 plates came out.. then 5 minutes later another 2 plates came out.. by the time the last plates came out - the first people had either finished eating or their food was cold. No one was happy with their food. I ordered the spicy sausage on a bun with fries - the sausage was no bigger than a regular sized hot dog and the bun was 3 times the size of the sausage. Never at any time during our long wait did the waitress come back and refill our water glasses or see if we wanted to order more drinks. No one in our party will be returning.

1  Thank catherine t
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The food was good, but the service was awful. I almost care more about service than food, and this place just did not do it for me. I had to walk up to someone to get a refill... ridiculous. But like I said the food was good.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We used to frequent the Urban on Monday nights for their chicken wing special (.49) and we visited the Urban this past Monday only to learn the special is no longer available. We proceeded to order a small order of hot wings (10) for $9.99 and a large order (2) of medium. We arrived prior to 7p.m. which used to be the start of the wing special and ended up placing our order fairly quickly after placing an initial drink order. After 15 minutes we were advised it would be another 20 minutes, with no explanation provided for the delay. The 20 minutes turned into 45! Just prior to the order being delivered there was a mix up and the server had provided an order of 20 hot wings to the only other table occupied and as it turned out the other table had not orderd hot, but mild. So they returned that order to the kitchen and lo an behold my wife received her small order of hot wings. They certainly were not hot in temperature, more like luke warm.
The medium order we received was fine as far as quality.
When we finally asked for an explanation we were advised that the wings had to be thawed...while firstly if you are a restaurant with an item offered on your menu, should it not be available within an reasonable time line and I don't believe an hour is reasonable.
The one server was very unprofessional telling her personal stories within easy ear shot to the bar tender, including how her food was dropped on the floor at another establishment. Gee, is that like taking food off one patrons plate and putting it on another's.

Poor experience and very disappointed. We live in Fonthill and have raved to many friends and neighbours about the Urban, while no more.....and now we want to advised everyone of what to expect at the Urban!

2  Thank traveldude07
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great service, excellent atmosphere, Food is always excellent and consistent.Entertainment on Fri and Sat. Great wings and also great steaks. Servers are always pleasant. Try the lounge menu for lighter fare. Diverse menu but not so big that you cannot choose. Cindy the owner is a great hostess.