“Great steak!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We went for a romantic dinner at this cute steak house. It was not that busy for a Saturday night as we thought it would be for 7pm. The ceaser salad was amazing, one of the best I have eaten! My boyfriend's bruschetta was really good. We both ordered steaks they were supposed to be medium but came a little more cooked but were both still juicy good! The service was good and friendly. There were two guys playing guitar which was nice, it was not too loud that we could still have a conversation at dinner.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been to this restaurant numerous times in the last few years and have never been disappointed. Service has always been reasonably quick and very pleasant. The menu has a wide variety for all taste buds and I have honestly never had an unpleasant meal. Whether it be for lunch or dinner, the selection is always tasty and plentiful. This place has a unique atmosphere, with a dining room on one side, and a comfy lounge on the other. It's a definite must to go enjoy dinner and stay for the musical entertainment offered on certain nights.

P.S. Another must is their Lobster Chowder. So Good!! :-))

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

They have a great variety of dishes, all tasty. Would diffently go back again. Was visting from Calgary, I just can't say enough.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had visited The Urban several years ago and had a nice experience; good steak and okay service (our server was friendly, yet sloppy with her dress shirt not tucked into her pants.) It was good enough that I went back about a year later - what a difference! The Urban no longer offered a salad bar with the meal and the prices were sky high - $35 for a small Filet! My strip loin steak was fairly big - but tough as nails. Our table shook as I attempted to saw through the leathery meat. My husband's expensive Filet was worse, more like a small hunk of tough, dark roast beef. Even overcooked, a filet should always be tender. This thing looked like it had been boiled, then shown an over-zealous flame. I didn't bother complaining as the manager (possibly the owner?), clearly looked disinterested and in fact, so off-putting that approaching him with a legitimate complaint seemed like a bad idea. Although The Urban has a nice atmosphere, I cannot understand why people would continue to frequent an establishment like this; clearly the patrons have become so accustomed to The Urban's low standards they no longer expect anything better.

1  Thank 257SharonT257
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have eaten here several tome during the past twelve months, food tends to be okay, occasionally good, though never great. Service can be a disappointment and somewhat sporadic to painfully slow. I believe that most patrons come here for the music. Pricing is okay and menu has a good variety to choose from. Decent seating and atmosphere.

1  Thank Levelguy1