“Excellent Accomodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bonnybridge
Antonine Wall Cottages
glasgow
“Excellent Accomodation”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for two nights On July 1st and 2nd along with around 10-12 other girls for my best friends hen weekend.

Absolutely loved it! We got fabulous weather so we made full use of the swimming pool, hot tub, sauna etc. We had a BBQ on the saturday and went out for dinner on the saturday night.

We hired out the mansion house. The cottages were empty on the friday night so we had the whole place to ourselves and we made full use of it until late in the evening.

There were so many rooms, we hardly used any of the sitting rooms.

The kitchen had excellent facilities. With the mansion house you have to remember it is a house so there are kids bedrooms etc, we thought that this made it quirky but I know some people think it should be more neutral throughout but that takes away from what this place is! If you want that then go to these 10 a penny lodges. Antonine wall cottages/mansion house are unique.

Fiona was excellent and made everything go smoothly for us. We had one problem with hot water but that is because 10 girls were all trying to shower etc at one time, bad planning on our part.

I would recommend this place to everyone and I def plan on going back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank lozzaboo2004

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2011

It was for a family party for 20 adults 5 teens and 5 children. We needed something to keep everyone happy and boy did we find it here. We hired the house and the two cottages. The house with all its different rooms, fantastic bathroom on the landing , the cinema / playroom was brilliant for everyone the T.V. room and the quiet rooms, there was always somewhere to have company or to be totally alone. The two cottages were very tastefully decorated and were clean and fully equipped. The games cabin with t v wii pool and football tables bar sink sofas and loo was great it kept all the " KIDS " happy. That leaves the outdoor swimming pool and two ( yes two ) fantastic hot tubs and a sauna then there was the bar- b -cue hut All in all it was FAB - U - LUS .VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jac022
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I stayed at the antonine wall cottages for my hen night in June 2009 and had the best time ever. Myself and all my hens made good use of the outdoor hot tub and bar area. There is also an outdoor heated swimming pool which looked lovely although we didn't get round to using it. There is also a sauna and barbeque hut but again it wasn't something which we used although they did look lovely. The cottages were modern and immaculate and fully equipped. I went back again with my husband and 2 of our friends in May this year and we had a fantastic time, Antonine Wall Cottages are a credit to Fiona and her husband who own them and nothing is ever too much trouble. A group of us are all going for September weekend this year along with all of our children and I can't wait. I love the place so much that I personally recommend it to everyone, whether it's for a hen night, a short break or just a get away with family and friends. It's hard to believe that you are so close to Glasgow, Falkirk & Stirling as the you feel a million miles away.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weedeebs81
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2011

My family and I rent cottages regularly around the UK and all I can say is that Antonine Wall Cottages are, by far, the best we have ever stayed in.
My family and I have just returned from our 8th visit to Doocoot (Antonine Wall Cottages). I (and my extended family) are from Kirkintilloch but live in Essex with my Wife, 2 children and 2 dogs. Since my family has expanded so rapidly we simply could not stay at my mother’s house. The location is fantastic. It is perfectly situated in between Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling (and obviously Falkirk) so as long as you have a car it is ideal for those seeking the city life or those seeking a quieter holiday. The location of Antonine Wall Cottages is beautiful, there are large gardens that are perfect for children to play in and if you have dogs you can run your dogs ragged along the beautiful and historic Antonine Wall. You quite simply cannot beat sitting out in a hot tub...in the middle of a winter’s night, snow on the ground, ice in your hair, drinking champagne; looking at the stars...I would strongly recommend this experience.

The cottages (Doocoot and Hayloft, we have stayed in both) are extremely well furnished, have always been spotlessly clean and are very comfortable.
Fiona and Dave Briggs who own the cottages have always been extremely friendly and helpful (even when my daughter broke one of their children’s Christmas presents the day that she got it). If there have ever been any issues they have been resolved quickly and cheerfully. Both Fiona and Dave have always done all they can to make our holiday as worry free and fun as possible.

Both my wife and I would thoroughly recommend Antonine wall cottages to anyone who is looking forward to a fantastic stay, in a beautiful location, in clean, comfortable accommodation with friendly and accommodating owners.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank amacdon8
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2011

We as a family of 5 with 3 children have been staying at the Antonine Wall Cottages for nearly 4 years. It has become a home from home and we often visit as much as 4 times a year. For us it is the ideal holiday location as it provides all our needs in one place. It is an ideal get-away in that it is very private but our kids love it too as there is so much for them to do. It is very quiet and secluded with wildlife nearby and set in beautiful woodland surroundings. There is also the Antonine Wall with a walk right beside the garden. The garden itself is huge and is divided into sections comprising a formal walled garden and children's play area. The grounds are well maintained with beautiful plants and flowers growing all year round. The play area has a swing set, play house and trampoline and is ideal for kids 2-10 years. Leading onto this area is a games/party room which has a pool table, table top football and Wii which is free to use. This room is ideal for older kids and teenagers. There is also a toilet and kitchen area with a fridge and plenty of surfaces to set out food and drinks. There are pretty lights giving the room that party feel. For quieter times there are plenty of books and two very comfortable sofas to lounge on. I particularly like this room as my husband likes to sit and read and my eldest son likes to play on the Wii games, and I can watch the other children playing out in the garden. It is also an ideal room to use if it is raining. The whole of the grounds are enclosed so it is safe for young kids to run about.

The spa area can be used completely privately with heated pool, Jacuzzi and sauna, and is a perfect area to relax either with or without your children. We've used this area many times over the years and held birthday parties where the kids can spend all day splashing in the pool. We've also had quieter evenings in the hot tub looking at the stars and sipping wine. The area also has a bar with lights, music and plenty of seating and a BBQ. Nearby is another party room - a conservatory with more seating, a bar and sink. This overlooks the gardens and is always very cosy as it catches so much sunlight. In the grounds there is also a BBQ hut which is fully equipped and again very cosy.

As for the cottages themselves, we really love them. We have stayed in both cottages over the years. Our favourite is Doo Cot because it has the conservatory overlooking the woods. The rooms have always been extremely clean on arrival and the fridge stocked with some milk. There are loads of towels and plenty of spare bedding. In Doocot one bed has an underneath bed which easily slides out for that extra person. The beds and the bedding themselves are very comfortable and as it is so quiet it is easy to get a good night's sleep. In both cottages the lounge and kitchen areas are very spacious, and with the high ceilings give a light and airy atmosphere. There is plenty of hot water and the cupboards are well stocked with crockery and utensils. Again there are lots of books, toys and games and brochures about the local attractions. The sofas are comfortable and there is an up-to-date TV with Sky channels.

The owners are very friendly and don't mind you knocking on the door for help but they are also unobtrusive and just let you get on with your holiday. They are willing to give you directions and provide assistance with finding places to visit or days out. We love the cottage, gardens and spa so much we often just spend the whole day there. However on the days we do go out there are so many places to visit nearby in Falkirk and Glasgow is just 1/2 an hours drive away. The village of Bonnybridge has a few small shops and banks and is a 10 minutes drive.

We've nearly always had good weather, and one year didn't bother to go abroad as a visit to the cottage proved a lot cheaper. We were lucky as the sun shone every day and with the gardens being secluded there is very little wind. Also there are so many areas to sit out you can catch the sun whatever time of day.

Last year we had a birthday party for my son and my parents visited us and it was very special for us to see the family together. I can't think of anywhere else where you can have such privacy and at such a reasonable price. My Dad is 83 and he was quite happy sitting in the sun watching his grandchildren play in the water, and then going on a walk with my Mum. Antonine Wall Cottages has something to offer whatever your age. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Doocot has a conservatory with a nice view.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RobRoys
Sciacca, Italy
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Stayed here for a long weekend in April with my partner, never been before but had no worries as of arriving after seeing photos and reading information on the owners webpage. When we first arrived the weather was perfect just as the cottage was.
Immaculately clean and not a speckle of dust could be seen, in all rooms and decor gave off a welcoming feeling. Bed was very comfy, which later found out from the owners it had been amemory foam matress, which i am not investing in for myself and my husband at home!
Location was also a positive side to the cottage as restraunts, bars and shops were only a short walk or drive away. Owners of the cottages were on hand any time needed and were open to giving information on the best restraunts and places to visit during the day and also in the evening.
We were also shown a hot tub and games room which we were welcome to use and indeed made very good use of. Greatly recommend the hot tub while the night is dark as the stars and atmosphere is outstanding, GREAT FOR RELAXING.
Would definetly recommend to a friend and already booking up for the next few months!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lily580230
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Thought I would add my review as we have stayed here maybe 12 times in the last 6 years. We don't live very far away but always enjoy coming here for the lovely surroundings and the excellent welcome.
We have seen deers, owls, hares, rabbits, squirrels and foxes all from the cottage conservatory.
The cottages have always been very clean when we have been there and well furnished and equipped. The beds has just been replaced and are very comfortable- its also so quiet that I struggle to get up in the mornings.
Highly recommend the hot tub too- lovely for watching the stars.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whitemaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonnybridge
City Centre
Grange Manor
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Hotel Cladhan
#3 of 9 in Falkirk

Been to Antonine Wall Cottages? Share your experiences!