“Not famous but ought to be”
Review of Salsa Grill - MOVED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Salsa Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Blink and you will miss one of the best small Mexican restaurants it has been my pleasure to experience. Located close to the Oregon-Idaho border near Ontario, Oregon. From I-84 take Hwy 30 across the Snake river and about 1/2 mile into Idaho. I visit the area a few times a year and the Salsa Grill was new to me. Decor was Mexican but nothing special. You have to wait for the service and food to experience special. To be honest I was so focused on my mole burritos that I really don't remember exactly what my brother had except it was a chicken dish in white sauce which he rated excellent. My burritos featured a mole sauce unlike any I have experienced. It is difficult to describe. Not sweet but not the almost bitter taste so many mole sauces have. It was the best mole dish I've ever eaten. Though we arrived late in their business day we were never pressured or made to feel like we were keeping them open past their usual hours. The waitress was very attentive without hovering and the bill, without tip, was about $35 for three dinners and a couple of soft drinks. I would not hesitate to choose the Salsa Grill again based on this initial experience.

1  Thank jbinwa