“Scammed/Beware!!!”

Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fort Hall
Reviewed March 20, 2014

After multiple enjoyable stays what seemed like a prime location to enjoy our weekend vs driving to Nevada turned into a nightmare!!! Stayed 03/15/14 with husband, sister, our 9 year old son and 12 year grandson, checked out 03/16/14. They charged my card $50 incidental which they always returned a couple of days later. On 03/17/14 I was alerted by my bank that the hotel had charged my card for another $200. I called hotel immediately spoke to ( front desk operations manager, asking what this was about. She said she was told by housekeeping that there were 2 pillows missing! Unbelievable! I explained that we never took any pillows and she sent me to the housekeeping supervisor who also would not hear me out and insisted that there was no way that the cleaning person could be wrong. Since I have been calling and demanding that they view the cameras in the elevator to prove the allegations On 03/18 the charges were reversed and 03/19 the charges were once again charged! After many calls to the manager and request to speak to the GM, I was told by the Ops manager that we were being red flagged. I have yet to be able to speak to the GM At this point our only recourse is to call the Idaho Human Rights Commission, get an attorney involved. The room was in my husbands name and they are charging my card. I have broken out in shingles over the stress and we are not going to stand for this... This whole ordeal will be exposed in order to red flag them from the scamming someone else. What horrible business practices and maybe they need to do some investigating on the inside if they are missing items. We sure did not need pillows much less at this price!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret R

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Attending a funeral in Blackfoot. Everybody said don't stay in Blackfoot, stay at the Bannock Shoshone Hotel. Best recommendation ever. Very helpful front desk staff. Very clean rooms. Comfy beds. I will come back when in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2014

we arrive after 6 pm without reservations and received a room above our expectations. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The walk in shower was fantastic, heating system a was great and easy to format. Remember you must be smarter than the equipment that you use. Restaurant was fantastic, service and food above expectations. I was served the jam/jelly of my choice. The shuttle to the casino was prompt and vehicle was warm. The temperature was 9 above during our stay. Did not use the spa and the kids were not with us.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had 29rooms on the 4th of jan. At check in we were informed of things that had been talked about to the sales person we were working with and had not been told until check in not able to these things. Then another manager got things worked out for us to stay. Then the next morning at check out we find out that the charges for the rooms are wrong on all rooms it took working with the same manager and the front desk manager and the hotel general manager and three front desk people and 3hrs later things had finally almost been fixed. Then to find out 4days later that a comped room was charged and at that time the original sales girl took it upon herself to call the customer a liar when she had emails to prove everything. I think this sales girl should no longer work there. She just cost this hotel a event every other month that would have brought in at least $3500.00 each time they stayed. But I would like to thank everyone that tried to save this business and the rest of the hotel for all there kindness and great work. Get rid of the things bringing your hotel down and it will be a great place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I spent one night last week at the Shoshone-Bannock Hotel and couldn't rave about it more. The hotel was clean, my room was spacious. Check-in was easy and quick. The bed was comfy, the shower was fantastic.
Ate at the hotel and my meal was delicious.
I'm actually hoping that I can pass through Idaho again one day just to stop by and spend a night.
Spent two nights in Lad Vegas and ended up in a hotel that was equal in cost but not half as comfortable or nice.
The gift shop opened late the next day so I was on the road later than I had hoped. But glad I stopped in their to get some trinkets for friends and family (and myself).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank crystalmicheala
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The rooms are spacious and appear clean, although we checked into one room that smelled awful and upon a request were moved. The heating system in the guest room does not work, so while trying to get some sleep you either are blasted with cold air or too much heat. You can not regulate the thermostat and just keep pushing the buttons with frustration until you finally shut the system off and shortly after the stagnate air lingers and you start all over with hot and cold blasting air. The staff at the front desk is pleasant but appears as it had very little training or just don't care.
Restaurant server was very efficient and the meal was tasty.

Room Tip: When the front desk staff ask you if you would prefer a room closer to the elevators because we are...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sillyme2
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We came on a whim, and decided to give the new hotel a try. We had a very friendly receptionist. (Urgency is not in the cards if that's what you expect out of anything in fort hall). Hotel was very clean and looked really nice. Enjoyed the room.

However I would not recommend eating breakfast at the Camas Grill. Food was mediocre and took forever to get our food (45 minutes). Service was slow as well.

• Stayed: November 2013
#4 of 14 in Pocatello
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#9 of 14 in Pocatello

Been to Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center? Share your experiences!