Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center
$103
Clarion Inn(Pocatello)
$71
ClarionHotels
Super 8 by Wyndham Pocatello(Pocatello)(Great Value!)
$76
$112
Fairfield Inn
$126
$117
All reviewswalk in showersix packbeautiful hoteljunior suiteseparate buildingblackout curtainsparking lotheated poolminute drivespent one nightroom was spaciousenjoyed my stayi highly recommend this hotelnice stayroad tripslot machinessports grill
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I normally don't take the time to write reviews (good or bad), but our recent stay at the Shoshone-Bannock Hotel was so great I felt like I had to share this information.

We had some business in Pocatello over the weekend. After doing some research online about hotels near where our business was, I decided to try this hotel because the cost was $30 less per night and the hotel was new. I thought these factors might outweigh the 10 minute drive out of our way each of our two-night stay.

This was the best decision we ever made. The room was wonderful. The beds were comfortable. Can't say enough about the bathroom! Very modern and tastefully decorated. I typically don't use the toiletries supplied by hotels because they are such low quality but these are top-notch -- especially loved the orange scent!

My son used the exercise room. He said that while there wasn't very much equipment, there was certainly enough to get in a good workout.

We had several meals at the Camas Grill. Definitely have the prime rib dinner. You can't beat the price or quality! The only bad thing was the fruit at the breakfast buffet wasn't ripe (but what do you expect -- it's November in Idaho!! haha).

Everyone we saw was pleasant and helpful.

We ended up driving past several of the other hotels that came up in our Google search of "hotels near Pocatello" and are we ever glad we picked the Shoshone-Bannock Hotel. If we have an opportunity to visit the Pocatello area again (which we probably will), we will definitely be staying here again. I hope they have a "frequent user" punch card!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank maverik2011
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel and events center is about 1 year old give or take a few months and we have stayed several times. The building is beautiful inside with lovely colors on the walls, tiles and carpeting in the public spaces.

The restaurant is a good place for breakfast or dinner. Any meal I have had there was cooked well and tasted great.

The rooms are nice, with comfortable bedding, lots of outlets for recharging life's necessities, a large bathroom with walk in shower and free wifi.

However....... the last two times we stayed there have been just little things that started to hint that quality is slipping a bit. First I found a used pod in the coffee maker and the blow dryer kept on a shelf under the sink was not in its little bag. Second, our room this last time did not have a blow dryer in it at all.

I hope they can get reenergized about these kinds of little details because all service people you come in contact with seem to be working very hard to make sure you have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed two different nights at the Shoshone Hotel and had a great time. The first night was Halloween and they were having a big Halloween Party for the community with the kids coming in for candy in the morning with an adult and young adult party in the evening. I had my brows waxed and tinted in the spa. That experience was great and I love my brows.
The beds are perfect and the room are beautiful...the walk in shower with the rain head was just what I needed after a day of travel.
The restaurant was out of this world. We had supper and breakfast and both meals were outstanding. I was served two pieces of meat when only one was expected. We brought a portable frig with us so we brought it home and it was good for left overs.
We didn't do anything in the event center but it looked great when I walked to bathrooms next door. What a great venue!!!!
The only thing we noticed was the TV did not have all the channels it said it would. We could not get the weather channel...they said it was the "Dish" that didn't always deliver all the channels.

Room Tip: We stayed in 208 and 213. 213 had no view but that was ok in the respect that we could have the drapes open for the light and no one could see in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Down sheets ahhhhh, multiple comfortable pillows, clean, huge walk in shower with rain head! Quiet hotel with restaurant that had a great evening prime rib special the weekend we were there, which was excellent. Beer and wine available. Did not have any other meals while there, however wanted to experience the café/coffee shop in the morning, however was not open on Saturday morning of our stay. We are not gamblers, however did walk over to the casino to check out the meal options there. Casino dirty and smoke filled. We did not stay to eat. Downtown Pocatello is approx. 8 miles away - its an easy drive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank queenofcoach
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Shoshone Bannock Hotel when I was invited to a job interview in Blackfoot, ID. The staff was friendly and professional (especially Anthony-who checked me and and juggled phone calls as he was the only one working the front desk at the late hour I arrived!). The rooms are decorated with beautiful American Indian artwork and very spacious! The bathroom was large, well laid out and I loved the 'open', walk in shower!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business