“Like to stay here but...”

Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fort Hall
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel and events center is about 1 year old give or take a few months and we have stayed several times. The building is beautiful inside with lovely colors on the walls, tiles and carpeting in the public spaces.

The restaurant is a good place for breakfast or dinner. Any meal I have had there was cooked well and tasted great.

The rooms are nice, with comfortable bedding, lots of outlets for recharging life's necessities, a large bathroom with walk in shower and free wifi.

However....... the last two times we stayed there have been just little things that started to hint that quality is slipping a bit. First I found a used pod in the coffee maker and the blow dryer kept on a shelf under the sink was not in its little bag. Second, our room this last time did not have a blow dryer in it at all.

I hope they can get reenergized about these kinds of little details because all service people you come in contact with seem to be working very hard to make sure you have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed two different nights at the Shoshone Hotel and had a great time. The first night was Halloween and they were having a big Halloween Party for the community with the kids coming in for candy in the morning with an adult and young adult party in the evening. I had my brows waxed and tinted in the spa. That experience was great and I love my brows.
The beds are perfect and the room are beautiful...the walk in shower with the rain head was just what I needed after a day of travel.
The restaurant was out of this world. We had supper and breakfast and both meals were outstanding. I was served two pieces of meat when only one was expected. We brought a portable frig with us so we brought it home and it was good for left overs.
We didn't do anything in the event center but it looked great when I walked to bathrooms next door. What a great venue!!!!
The only thing we noticed was the TV did not have all the channels it said it would. We could not get the weather channel...they said it was the "Dish" that didn't always deliver all the channels.

Room Tip: We stayed in 208 and 213. 213 had no view but that was ok in the respect that we could have the dra...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Down sheets ahhhhh, multiple comfortable pillows, clean, huge walk in shower with rain head! Quiet hotel with restaurant that had a great evening prime rib special the weekend we were there, which was excellent. Beer and wine available. Did not have any other meals while there, however wanted to experience the café/coffee shop in the morning, however was not open on Saturday morning of our stay. We are not gamblers, however did walk over to the casino to check out the meal options there. Casino dirty and smoke filled. We did not stay to eat. Downtown Pocatello is approx. 8 miles away - its an easy drive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank queenofcoach
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Shoshone Bannock Hotel when I was invited to a job interview in Blackfoot, ID. The staff was friendly and professional (especially Anthony-who checked me and and juggled phone calls as he was the only one working the front desk at the late hour I arrived!). The rooms are decorated with beautiful American Indian artwork and very spacious! The bathroom was large, well laid out and I loved the 'open', walk in shower!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this motel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were magnificent, with walk in shower and granite counter tops. Also they had SOFT WATER! Very unusual for this area. Only two down sides -- the WIFI wasn't reliable and we couldn't turn the AC below 68 degrees. The room stay at 74 degrees all night long. I mentioned this when we checked out.

I think the general manager must be reading these reviews as we didn't have any problems with the staff. I peaked into the spa and the receptionist insisted on showing me the whole layout. She was very friendly and knowledgeable. The prices she quoted me were a lot lower than I expected. I believe the special was $25 for an hour massage or an hour facial. Then again, with my memory, it may have been $35. Either way, I've never encountered better rates! If we hadn't been on our way to the state fair, I would have booked one of each.

We ate two meals in the restaurant. Their BBQ ribs, loaded baked potatoe, and succotash were done to perfection. I was pleased with the service. In fact, I left a bigger tip than normal. Forgot to mention the meal was only $10 for the half rack of ribs plus two sides. They must have received their liquor license as we were offered wine with our meal.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed for one night after a concert in Blackfoot and wish we could have stayed an extra day. Rooms are amazing - big, immaculate, well - appointed, tastefully decorated, and an amazing value. The bed was SO comfortable! Soft sheets, big soft fluffy towels, nice shower, great yummy-smelling shampoo and soaps. Staff were friendly and helpful. Restaurant was amazing - truffle fries, sweet potato fries, and burgers were all to-die-for delicious. Only thing I would change was the cafe/coffee shop wasn't open the next morning. 9 am on Saturday. Weird. But there was coffee in the room so whatever. We'll be back. For sure.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is only a year old and so everything has that lovely brand-new condition. Amazing use of tile in the lobby and first floor. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable, although it was the middle of summer and they only had a heavy comforter on the bed. Too warm for this thermal-challenged gal. The a/c in the room has an upper set point of 68* to conserve energy. The first night the a/c barely got the room down to 72*. The next day, I called and maintenance came up within minutes, cleaned out the coolant system filter and then it worked great. The hotel has a great workout room with brand new equipment, TVs, bottled water and clean towels.
My only complaint is that is seems to be the first day working there for most of the staff. Front desk (except for Joseph, who was Fab) staff seemed slightly dazed and confused and unsure of how to get things done or what things they can do (like calling for the casino shuttle).

This was especially true in the restaurant. During breakfast they were horribly understaffed (1 waitress for about 10 tables) so the service was terrible. It was impossible to get additional coffee or water and forget it you drop your fork on the floor because no one is coming near your table to ask if you need anything. We finally got a manager walking through the restaurant to get someone to bring us more coffee. Unfortunately, the coffee shop in the casino is the only other restaurant close by. If you dine there for dinner, do NOT order the Prime Rib. It is not a Prime cut of beef and when I ordered it medium-rare, it came well done. The replacement piece was medium and by then I was over hungry so I ate it. The horseradish (both plain and sauce) had no fire whatsoever. I have no idea of how that could be, but even the straight horseradish had no kick. Perhaps it was old.??

They do offer a shuttle service to the casino next door......very busy and the slot machines don't pay. Save your money.

Room Tip: If the a/c doesn't seem to work in your room, be sure to call and complain. According to the ma...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Pocatello
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#9 of 14 in Pocatello

Been to Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center? Share your experiences!