“They have gone the extra mile!”

Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fort Hall
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this motel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were magnificent, with walk in shower and granite counter tops. Also they had SOFT WATER! Very unusual for this area. Only two down sides -- the WIFI wasn't reliable and we couldn't turn the AC below 68 degrees. The room stay at 74 degrees all night long. I mentioned this when we checked out.

I think the general manager must be reading these reviews as we didn't have any problems with the staff. I peaked into the spa and the receptionist insisted on showing me the whole layout. She was very friendly and knowledgeable. The prices she quoted me were a lot lower than I expected. I believe the special was $25 for an hour massage or an hour facial. Then again, with my memory, it may have been $35. Either way, I've never encountered better rates! If we hadn't been on our way to the state fair, I would have booked one of each.

We ate two meals in the restaurant. Their BBQ ribs, loaded baked potatoe, and succotash were done to perfection. I was pleased with the service. In fact, I left a bigger tip than normal. Forgot to mention the meal was only $10 for the half rack of ribs plus two sides. They must have received their liquor license as we were offered wine with our meal.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed for one night after a concert in Blackfoot and wish we could have stayed an extra day. Rooms are amazing - big, immaculate, well - appointed, tastefully decorated, and an amazing value. The bed was SO comfortable! Soft sheets, big soft fluffy towels, nice shower, great yummy-smelling shampoo and soaps. Staff were friendly and helpful. Restaurant was amazing - truffle fries, sweet potato fries, and burgers were all to-die-for delicious. Only thing I would change was the cafe/coffee shop wasn't open the next morning. 9 am on Saturday. Weird. But there was coffee in the room so whatever. We'll be back. For sure.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is only a year old and so everything has that lovely brand-new condition. Amazing use of tile in the lobby and first floor. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable, although it was the middle of summer and they only had a heavy comforter on the bed. Too warm for this thermal-challenged gal. The a/c in the room has an upper set point of 68* to conserve energy. The first night the a/c barely got the room down to 72*. The next day, I called and maintenance came up within minutes, cleaned out the coolant system filter and then it worked great. The hotel has a great workout room with brand new equipment, TVs, bottled water and clean towels.
My only complaint is that is seems to be the first day working there for most of the staff. Front desk (except for Joseph, who was Fab) staff seemed slightly dazed and confused and unsure of how to get things done or what things they can do (like calling for the casino shuttle).

This was especially true in the restaurant. During breakfast they were horribly understaffed (1 waitress for about 10 tables) so the service was terrible. It was impossible to get additional coffee or water and forget it you drop your fork on the floor because no one is coming near your table to ask if you need anything. We finally got a manager walking through the restaurant to get someone to bring us more coffee. Unfortunately, the coffee shop in the casino is the only other restaurant close by. If you dine there for dinner, do NOT order the Prime Rib. It is not a Prime cut of beef and when I ordered it medium-rare, it came well done. The replacement piece was medium and by then I was over hungry so I ate it. The horseradish (both plain and sauce) had no fire whatsoever. I have no idea of how that could be, but even the straight horseradish had no kick. Perhaps it was old.??

They do offer a shuttle service to the casino next door......very busy and the slot machines don't pay. Save your money.

Room Tip: If the a/c doesn't seem to work in your room, be sure to call and complain. According to the ma...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

the rooms are perfect , the beds are super comfy with big fluffy pillows, the bathrooms are amazing i absolutely love the shower area. our only complaint would be that the hot tub is too small and so is the pool we would have liked them double maybe even triple in size .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I spent 1 night here 07/25/13. We were just out on a quick getaway from SLC and came across this place as it was getting late in the evening. We checked in at 10 pm. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. We've spent many nights in casino type hotels in Wendover & Las Vegas and this was by far the nicest place. Our rate was $85, which is a bit more than I expected due to the fairly desolate location, but we did not have a reservation and didn't want to continue driving. The rooms were nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. I was surprised to find a Keurig coffee maker, with pods, bottled water and even above average bathroom toiletries.
The down side was that the restaurants were closed by the time we arrived. We thought we would be able to grab a bite at the nearby casino, but they didn't have any café snack bar open either. Gas station food was the only option save a 10 mile drive to the next town. We did a little gambling and even made some cash back, but were very surprised to find out it was a "dry" casino. That's a first.
Bottom line was the hotel was a good value for the room quality and if there was more to do near there (and a place to grab a bite to eat or at least a cold beer) we would consider returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mwmcorder
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Arrived on Thursday evening, after driving from Seattle, WA. After checking in, was told that the grill has some of the best Prime-Rib and seafood (ahi ahi, prawns or fish and chips only). Happened to be Thursday and the special was their Prime-rib - ordered medium rare and yet arrived medium-well to overly done and very bland. My associate had ordered the New York loin - which he graciously gave me a bite of ,and WOW - 1 of the best steaks I have ever had! Go with the loin steak not prime-rib.

Now, as for the rest of the establishment - one thing I forgot to mention is that at check-in was told the reservation is "DRY". "DRY" refers to "Absolutely NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED" on property. The staff had mentioned that they were working on obtaining their liquor license - yet no real date set.

Again, "Caution to those that would like to have a Cold-One" after a day's trip of driving!

After dinner, we headed over to the Casino (within a blocks reach) - and I won just over $100.00
Now, can't beat that - with just a $20 bet. Mainly filled with vegas-like slots and a lot bigger once inside. Realized after collecting my winnings; the casino is actually double to triple in size. Be cautious and enjoy your stay at Shoshone Hotel.

The casino also caters to MMA events and concerts, as fellow staffers advised us during our stay.

One very cool upside; the Grand suite is great for conventions and at a "very reasonable rate - $250 per night" and the other rooms are very comfy and relaxing, too!

Room Tip: Corner - Grand suites on floors 3-5 have double decks, illuminated hallways, king-sized showers (dua...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CAANON R
Reviewed July 16, 2013

As others have said the hotel is new and very nicely decorated. However service when we checked in was not good. We requested a quiet room on high floor yet we were placed right next to highway on second floor when there were plenty of other rooms available (clerk said other rooms were not cleaned-at 7pm!) About midnight our neighbors were slamming doors repeatedly. In all fairness we did not inform staff of this noise. We were supposed to receive a $10 worth of play at casino for staying in the hotel. I was told to ask at the casino as the hotel was out of coupons. Casino did not have them either and sent me back to hotel. This issue was never resolved. When I reserved the room it was my birthday and the reservationist said they would work something out like a free breakfast which of course did not happen. Customer service is not their strong suit!!
Casino has a SMALL non-smoking section with several machines out of order.

Room Tip: don't know what to tell you as they don't honor your request anyway
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello
Red Lion Hotel Pocatello
Red Lion Hotel Pocatello
#10 of 14 in Pocatello

Been to Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center? Share your experiences!