“Brand new beautiful hotel”

Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fort Hall
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The decor is done with modern design in earth tones. We stayed on 4th floor near elevator but never heard the elevator. The room was quiet. There was a Kuerig in the room with 4 complimentary pods and 2 complimentary bottles of water. If you sign up for a casino card from the adjacent casino....the room Raye is reduced by 25 dollars. The staff was friendly and attentive. No pets or alcohol allowed on property. Hotel right off interstate but could not hear traffic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue M

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We came from Australia and tried to get a room in Pocatello for a wedding and they were booked out due to a wrestling contest. We were going to Blackfoot (25 miles away) to get a room. Decided to stop at the hotel on the Shoban reservation and see how much it is, fearing it was very expensive. It was $10 less than the Pocatello Hotel and then went down $25 more when you went to the casino and got a free players card. So the hotel was $35 less than the Pocatello hotels and the quality was way better. Also the staff both in the hotel and restaurant were always friendly and helpful. Reommended highly!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Dan C, General Manager at Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I definitely appreciate your compliments. Hopefully, we'll see you again!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My family and I booked a 2 night trip and used a forth hall coupon for 2 free nights. In making the reservation, I inquired 3 times of the coupon was good, he said yes it is, the took down the coupon code and gave me reservation number. I called Friday day to verify my reservation with a different guy, who talk to some one again, verifying the coupon was good. They both said yes it was. arrived Friday night where they put a 50 dollar deposit on my card, she read the coupon, said ok 2 nights attached it to my bill (she actually cut off my coupon with scissors) said again it was fine. Saturday at 238pm they leave a voice mail to warn me, yes they said warn me, I have pay for tonite. Here I am at a convention with hubby and kids down in pocatello, now we are out of a room. I have to drop everything and Check out at 430pm They ruined our weekend, this was their mistake. Staff could careless if they my family out. Not like we live close by. If you want to avoid this type of treatment, don't stay here.no wonder the place empty.

• Stayed: June 2013
Dan C, General Manager at Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear kvdmee,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with the Shoshone Bannock Hotel and Event Center. I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience, in person or on the phone- so I can correct any mis-communication/deficiencies that exist with my staff/hotel. From my understanding, a coupon was accepted that technically was going to expire during your stay. This coupon should have been honored, if accepted at check-in. Please contact me so I can make this right.

Regards,

Dan (General Manager)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We saw that this was being built and decided to try it on our way home to Canada--what a treat!! This is a new hotel with amazing rooms--floor to ceiling windows, very spacious, excepional decor of terra cotta and green colors; very comfortable bed; all amenities in the bathroom including "rain" type shower and make-up mirror; complimentary coffee and water; large screen tv on the wall--everything was high end -except the price! Someone spent a lot of time and money to ensure these rooms are attractive, comfortable as well as impeccably clean. The staff at the front desk were friendly, courteous, helpful and had a sense of humour--delightful. We ate at the restaurant and got the same excellent friendly service and the food was very good--eggs just the way I asked.

They have a gym which is large by most hotels standards--I have a progam I follow and was able to do it with the variety of machines they have--which are new and high-end. If you like some gym time I'm sure that you will find what you want here.

The casino is a short walk down a path and we had fun and even won a bit! Staff again were great.

Even if you don't want to go to the casino--the hotel is well worth the stop--and is conveniently just off the freeway. If you have a Buffalo Club Card you get even better rates. I didn't book anything at the spa because we were just there for a night but would definitely try it next time.

We will be back--and for more than one night--wish we lived closer.

Room Tip: As I had a Club Card we got the standard room and as I described it was way more than standard!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I occasionally travel to Fort Hall and in the past, if we stayed for the night, we had to find a room in Pocatello. Not any more. This hotel is amazing and is a great bargain for the price. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We requested a fridge at check-in and one was delivered to our room five minutes after we arrived at no charge. The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean, and new. The view from the window was beautiful Idaho farm land. It was very quiet and we had no trouble sleeping. The bed was extremely comfortable and hard to leave in the morning. The Keurig coffee maker was a delight to use and made excellent coffee. There were real coffee mugs, not the cheap, small, disposable cups we usually find when traveling. We plan to stay again soon with our kids. I would recommend staying here to anyone traveling or living in the region.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We chose to stay here for our 10th anniversary because it was close to home, but a place to get away for a night. My husband booked the hotel room over the phone. He tried to book massages at the spa at the same time, but the spa employees aren't in on Mondays. He called back a few days later and made us both appointments. When we arrived for our massages, we told them that we were supposed to get a package deal with the spa and a room. The lady at the spa went to the front desk and spoke with a Manager. She came back and quoted us what the total price would be for the room and the spa. We agreed to the price and thought everything was taken care of. Then next morning, we went to the front desk to check out. I asked what the total was and the lady told us $200 more than what we were quoted!! I told her something was wrong. They got one double charge off, and then couldn't get the other charge off of our bill. I was told the manager was on their way in and that they would call us in 15 minutes. They sent us on our way. We never received a phone call. I called back Saturday night and was told they would call back. They called my husband back and told him that the manager would be back Monday and they would call then. No phone call. I called this morning, Tuesday and was told the same story. "When the manager gets in, we will call you." It is now 4pm and I have not heard from them at all!! I would like to not only get my bill to the amount I was quoted, but I would also like to actually get it paid off!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ASDS03
Dan C, Manager at Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Frustrated,

Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay on your anniverary and your experience with the Shoshone Bannock Hotel. I apologize that your stay was frustrating, especially given the circumstances of your visit. We take pride in our ability to provide a positive, memorable experience, and I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet that expectation.
As the new General Manager at this facility, I am passionately working with my staff to constantly improve in all service areas. I have also looked into your experience with our hotel and followed up accordingly with those involved. At this point, I believe we have resolved the billing issue to your satisfaction, but again, I apologize and admit that this never should have happened.
Thank you again, and I hope you will consider our hotel for another visit.

Regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stay here if you are in the area. They will have liqueur license soon and then it will be perfect. I have in lots of hotels that are 200 to 300 dollars a night that don't hold a candle to this. One downside for me no fitness center but very beautiful rooms great lobby I had good service I will stay there in the future and as I paid 80 dollars for the night it was the bargain of the century. It is new it is clean and if you like to gamble it is a bonus but being just off the freeway it is convenient with lots of parking

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello
Red Lion Hotel Pocatello
Red Lion Hotel Pocatello
#10 of 14 in Pocatello

Been to Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center? Share your experiences!