“pocatello trip”

Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fort Hall
Reviewed March 1, 2013

beautiful facility! rooms were elegant,spotless and extremely comfortable. the food and serice we recieved met or exceded our expectations. look very forward to staying there next time were in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I booked 2 hotel rooms online for my brother in laws birthday. I noticed that one room said confirmed and the other said "held". I called the hotel and asked them if I had 2 rooms booked. What I thought would take 1 minute to look up turned into a 4 hour saga. The first person I spoke with said that she didn't know and that she couldn’t know because I booked the room through a third party website. I booked through http://www.shobanhotel.com/ which is their website. She said she would call me back. One hour later I called back and reached a supervisor this time. I told her what had happened and she said she would call me back. One hour later I call back and get into a small argument with one of the staff members who acted like none of this was a big deal. I ask her to have her supervisor call me. One hour later 11:00 at night I finally call back and talk to the supervisor. She told me that I needed to book a third room so I could definitely be sure that I would have a room, wait until I get my credit card statement, then be reimbursed for the third room that was booked. It was late and I had to work early so I was no longer willing to argue.
When we arrived we found a very nice hotel that obviously cost a lot of money to build. Very Nice rooms. I only saw one coffee cup so I went into the hallway and found a staff member cleaning a room. I told her that I was just going to grab a coffee mug. She gave me a glare and then ducked back into the room that she was cleaning.
Overall, I left there feeling a bit upset. I found out later that I wasn't billed for the third room but this took about 4 days to process. I think management needs to know that if you advertise a 4 or 5 star hotel then the staff should at least be somewhat hospitable and try a little harder to find out if an extra room was booked. I spend two nights per week in hotel rooms around the nation for my work and have found this experience to be one of the worse.

Room Tip: Don't book more than one room through their website!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Beautiful new hotel with lots of nice little unexpected touches. From the moment we walked in the door, we were greeted warmly at the front desk. They were having a concert that night and so someone stopped by to ask us if we were interested in going and gave us free tickets. The rooms were very eleganty decorated. They had free bottled water in the room (this was just what we needed after being in the car all day) and they had keurig coffee machines with Tully's coffee for the morning. Nice dining options right off of the lobby. For this region, I don't think there is anything else comparable and I would stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I absolutely love the Shoshone Bannock Bannock Hotel and Event Center. The hotel itself and the rooms are gorgeous! We go every two weeks for a little break. On our last visit we stayed in the largest suite and man, it was amazing!! The bedroom had an amazing king sized bed, it's own balcony, a huge flat screen tv, desk, chaise lounger, etc. The bathroom was FABULOUS with a jacuzzi tub, a walk in rain shower to die for, and a tv right in the mirror. The main room and kitchen area were amazing as well with the couch folding out into a king sized bed, another huge flat screen, a fabulous fireplace, and a second balcony. The only problem with the room was that the balconies were not cleaned and there was so much bird poop that they were essentially unusable. With that said, I would love love love to see the staff receive some hospitality training. They are a bit laid back about everything and don't move quickly to solve complaints or respond to requests. I'll keep going back no matter what but I'm afraid that the lack of people trained in hospitality will end up hurting the hotels ability to book larger events. Send the staff to stay and train in a 4 to 5 star hotel so they know how they should be treated which will undoubtedly improve the way they respond to the patrons of their hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for the first time for Simplot Games. We were looking for something nicer than the dives in Pocatello and we found it. Less than 10 minutes north of the Holt Arena and very convenient. The place is brand new, the staff very friendly and the overall experience excellent. We ate at the restaurant and the food was excellent and portions were large. The rooms even have a Keurig coffee maker with free coffee. There is also Starbucks served in the lobby. The only disappointment was that the workout facility closed early at 10:30pm.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was in the Pocatello area at the end of January for business and stayed at the Shoshone Bannock Hotel and Event Center. I've stayed at other hotels in the area recently and none of them compare to this in both size and quality. Also, my corporate travel rep did not mind that it cost less to stay here than some of the national brands in town.

As one would expect with a new property,the beds and other furnishings were very nice, the bathroom had a very large walk-in shower and the TV was great. I used the workout facility and enjoyed the newness and variety of the equipment. The in-house grill/ restaurant was just okay, although I give the staff kudos for trying to provide a good level of service.

From one of the recent reviews it sounds as though management may be working out some of the kinks that are common with a start-up of this scale. With a casino next door and a grocery down the street, I truly think this hotel enhances the area it's in and provides a nice option for people visiting the casino or traveling through southeastern Idaho. The location would make for a good stopover launching pad for a trip to the Yellowstone area and to other parts of the state.

Room Tip: If your room is not fairly close to the elevators, it can be fairly long walk due to the size of thi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff G, Front Office Manager at Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Sulu32, Thank You for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback, as a good portion of our guests come to relax and enjoy the Cedar Spa and the casino it is nice to know that our business travelers are well taken care of. Thanks for pointing out that we have a competitive rate with a superior quality product, our goal is to create a positive experience for all!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Seriously, this the best spa I have ever been to. You walk into the hotel, which is absolutely gorgeous and really a breath of fresh air for Fort Hall, on your left is a restaurant, and tucked behind the front desk is Cedar Spa. At first I thought it was tiny because it really did look "tucked in" behind the front desk, but it is surprisingly spacious! The receptionist was very friendly, and we immediately received excellent care. We had the opportunity to enjoy the sauna before our services, we were offered water, tea, the lounging area is nicely equipped with up-to-date magazines, tv, and very comfortable couch. My body scrub was amazing!! My person was Victoria and I would recommend her to anyone! The products they have are great, I felt so relaxed I didn't want to go back home after I was done :( Also, my mother and I couldn't go until 5:30 and even though they closed at 6, they stayed open and let us take our time, we never felt rushed at all. You seriously need to take a look, the prices are super reasonable, the service is great, and it is the best place anywhere near Pocatello. Thanks Cedar Spa!! I will be back!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Best Western Pocatello Inn
Best Western Pocatello Inn
#3 of 14 in Pocatello
Best Western Blackfoot Inn

Been to Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center? Share your experiences!