“Glad I Went Back & Tried Again”
Review of Schnitzel Garten

Schnitzel Garten
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in Eagle
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We offer the finest authentic German cuisine, along with fine wines and delicious beers from various German regions. You will be able to enjoy all this at a nice rustic location with outdoor seating and weekly live music!
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I must admit, first experience was not good and we didn't plan on going back. Our German friends insisted we try again, it was their 5th time and they love it, so we went with them and had an awesome experience. Not only was it fun, the food was plate-licking good and service was outstanding. I recommend the Haxen as well as the schnitzel. I now get hungry for that Jager mushroom sauce. Save room for the apple streudel!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch and was disappointed at the limited menu, but the dinner menu is great. Bratwurst and spaetzle are as I remember growing up. Food is cooked to order; if you are really wanting something, be sure to be early before it runs out.

1  Thank LeeDonna
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was born and raised in Germany with my mom and my grandma being excellent cooks, the food at the Schnitzelgarden was disgusting, I have been to a few German restaurants in the states but never have I been to one this bad. The prices are outrageous 18$ for a pork schnitzel??? That's crazy. , the food had no flavor, tasted terrible, was dry and the service was poor. I will never go back there again. I had 2 bites of my food and the waitress asked if I liked my food and I told her it was terrible and all she said was sorry and said oh well looks like you will be having apfelstrudel for lunch. No I didn't order apfelstrudel nor did I want apfelstrudel. Seemed like she wanted me to order that. My 6 year old son wanted bratwurst with fries , they were out of bratwurst so they gave him some kinda other sausage which was really dry and had no taste the fries were way too greasy. My son is not a picky eater but even he didn't like any of his food. if you know anything about German food do not go there and waste your money

2  Thank Germaninidaho
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

MUST GO destination dining. You won't be disappointed! Outside patio with picnic tables too! Varied but concise menu ensures quality and authenticity. Everything is homemade and locally sourced - and authentic family recipes! A+

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was teh biggest disappointment of a restaurant + food. All the food was cold, the waiters did not had a clue what they are doing neityher the owner. The schnitzel is deep fried, the gravy watery and all the food that came out was cold. I asked for a dry wine got a sweet one and I could go on and on....not worth it at all. The owner seems very arrogant and disrespectful and gives german customers more attention than Americans........Anyway, have fun going, they will never see me in there again........