“Food good, service awful.”

Rice Contemporary Asian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Rice Contemporary Asian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 78 Restaurants in Eagle
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We've been to Rice a few times; we loved Sawaddee, and were so hoping to get that kind of food closer to where we live. The food is good: not exceptional, but good. However, the service is abyssmal. The first time, we put it down to its newness -- getting the kinks worked out, etc. But that excuse won't fly anymore. Most recently on a Saturday night, hardly any people were in the dining room. We were dumped in the bar (and we had reservations.). Appetizers came out with the entrees. We had to ask multiple times for napkins and utensils. Forgotten drink orders (bartender too busy hitting on female customers). No water refills. After the appetizers and entrees were delivered, that was pretty much the last of the service. It's very doubtful we'll go there again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have ben three times. The Thai food is pretty goos. WIfe says the red curry is a good as anywhere in town (with Boise thats not a hugely high bar). I've enjoyed my food mostly. The Springs rolls though were no better than something from the freezer section of the grocery store and presented perfunctorily. They can never get drink orders out in a timely way. The Bulgogi comes out looking like fajitas though the spicing f the beef is tasty. The Kim Chee and sides are meh. Not great by any stretch but the competition in Eagle is so lame that its one of the best restaurants in town. The servers are all nice pleasant and incompetent high schoolers. Drink orders are slow or screwed up. WIne list is lousy for the food selection. NOt sure why no one helps Asian restaurants do a better job with wine. The part of the deck nearest the river is noce though

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We've now gone to Rice two times and have tried various items on their menu. The Spring Rolls are absolutely wonderful. They focus mostly on Thai dishes and do an excellent job...because the owners also own a Thai restaurant in Meridian. The decor is very well done and adds to the feel of an Asian dining experience. The wait staff is attentive and responsive. The Bar manager is delightful. Rice is one of those places that you can feel a buzz in the atmosphere. They provide a great dining experience. Give it a try!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was looking forward to great Asian food in Eagle. No such luck with Rice. The decor is nice...although, the booths are very uncomfortable. The food is 6 out of 10. But, it's the service that needs serious help. I don't think it is the waitstaff that is the issue, I think it is the management. I received my meal 20 minutes after the other 3 people at our table. They were completely finished when mine arrived. My friends and I assumed my meal would be comped because it was out so late I got it to go...No it was not comped. As a matter of fact, the manager came over and told me that if the meal was to be comped it would COME OUT OF THE SERVERS PAYCHECK! All of us were shocked and don't believe that to be legal. Anyway...we will not be back and are spreading the word about the place. To take money from hard working servers is not acceptable.

1  Thank KMM043
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went for lunch. Waitress was rude and uninterested. Seated on patio with one other couple. Waitress passed us at least 5 times. Never took our order. We left and passed by hostess station to complain, she was no where to be found. Must be relatives of owner working there, no moron would hire such incompetent staff.

2  Thank Mordecai K