“Idaho Wine Visit”

Hilton Garden Inn Boise/Eagle
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eagle
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were visiting the Boise area to sample some Idaho wines and the HGI/Eagle was a perfect place to stay. The reservation process was simple, the staff was friendly and professional at check-in, and the large, clean room had a nice deck overlooking the Boise River. The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of hot water and water pressure in the shower. Having the Bardenay Restaurant & Distillery right next door was also a positive when looking for a place to have a great meal. After dinner, Larry (front desk at the HGI) even got me a glass of milk to enjoy with my complimentary cookies. Thanks!

Room Tip: Upstairs with a deck overlooking the Boise River
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great location, very clean and great staff. Property is in a great setting and easy access to many attractions. Rooms are nice and clean. Enough room to stretch out and relax after a day of work. Staff was helpful with questions and very friendly. An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We came here from Western WA for a wedding. The hotel was chosen as the place to stay for out of area guests. We are so thrilled that it was! It was so nice that we would have loved to stay longer. We chose a room on thr river side which was great! Big balcony overlooking a paved walking path along the river. Wish.we had more time to check it out. The hotel was very clean and smelled brand new. The staff was excellent! There is a great restaurant/bar right next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor overlooking the river!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn-Eagle is an asthetically beautiful hotel in a nice area. The hotel is beautiful, the room is very spacious and well appointed. The only complaint I have is the lack of soundproofing between rooms. I was awaken at 12:30 a.m. by the guest above me returning to their room. The noise level was so loud it woke me from my sleep and I had to listen to them walk back and forth across the room for a good 10 minutes. Then they turned on their t.v. and used the restroom. All which I could hear above me. I couldn't understand how such a new hotel and a beautifully designed hotel could have such sound issues. It happened to be busy during my stay so there was lots of noise. I ate breakfast each morning in the All American Grill and was fortunate enough to have the same server each morning. Her name was Karen and she was wonderful. It was evident she enjoyed her job and enjoyed people in general. Management should be proud to have her on staff. I also would suggest at the price charged per night that breakfast is included for guests. It seems to be a common amentity these days and would be a nice perk. I would stay again at this location if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great hotel. The location was perfect. Located right on the river. Very clean and very well maintained. We were in town visiting family. We will definitely stay at this hotel again. My sister recommended this hotel as her and her family stayed when they moved to the area. They live not too far from the hotel. Her kids loved it for the pool, which unfortunately we did not have time to use. It is an indoor pool which makes it nice for summer and winter trips.

Room Tip: I don't know if this hotel has a bad room. We had a room that looked at the parking lot and it...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have stayed here a number of times while visiting a nearby family member. Always a great experience. The hotel is lovely, super-clean and in a nice setting by the river. Staff is always gracious. Love being able to walk to Bardenay's next door, and taking a stroll down along the river. One of our best hotel stays ever -- consistently top notch.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband, I, and my two boys 5 and 8 stayed here for 2 nights. We were very impressed and if we were in the area would stay again. My brother in law lives in Eagle. The whole family was out there and we needed a place to stay. My BIL recommended this hotel and we were glad he did. It was very clean and new. Our room was on the 1st floor and by the street but it was quiet and we did not hear anyone else. We did not get to use to many of the amenities as my BIL had a pool and everything. We did eat breakfast there one morning and the buffet was great. We all had everything we wanted and the price was good. The hotel is right off Eagle road. There is a Wendy's within walking distance that we used one night. Also, across Eagle there is a little strip mall that has a restaurance called Joe's Mamma's. It had great breakfast that my husbands whole family ate at. The River walk right behind the hotel is a great way to get some good exercise and enjoy the scenery.

Room Tip: I am not sure it would be worth paying extra for a "river" view as there are lots of trees...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagle
Oxford Suites Boise
SpringHill Suites Boise
Hilton Garden Inn Boise Spectrum
Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise-Meridian
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boise

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Boise/Eagle? Share your experiences!