“Awesome BBQ and great place for a group dinner”
Review of MickeyRays BBQ - CLOSED

MickeyRays BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Oh my goodness! MickeyRay's is the most awesome BBQ around. We recently had a large group dinner after a wedding and the service and food was fantastic. We just can't say enough about the folks who served us; their attitude and willingness to go the extra mile was super. We loved the food and everyone kept indicating how much they enjoyed the evening. The meeting room was just right for our group. We would highly recommend MickeyRays for anyone needing a night of great food with friends and family.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Seated right away. Ordered by the menu - waitress seemed clueless about the sauces. Bread arrived without knife, waiter said would have a knife soon but it never arrived. Meal showed up 15 minutes later. Ribs were dried out. Waiter stated sauces should have been with the plates - so he brought us a bottle of thin sauce. Beans were good but the Mac and Cheese looked like gas station nacho cheese with bacon bits sprinkled on top. Still hungry after only eating part of the meal I ordered the bread pudding. Waited over 16 minutes (even the waiter commented about the wait three times) finally recieved a bowl of goo floating in a lukewarm cardoman or lemon flavored water. Tried two bites and gave up. Atmosphere was ruined by the constant yelling in the kitchen about late orders and some dude making an announcement to half the crowd about pro football. Since his vack was to us no one knew what he said.

2  Thank IDogre
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Food was not very good. Mashed potatos were not real; out of a box! When asked about it, the waitress laughed with the cook like I was crazy for asking. My husband and I were very uncomfortable here and will never return! Beer was bad too!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you were going to Austin for the music or to dance the two-step at the Broken Spoke; Great! Enjoy! But; if you were going just for the BBQ, let me save you the trip. I love Texas-style, deep-pit, slow-cooked brisket. The moist, delicious kind that doesn't need any sauce, and almost melts on your tongue. Before Mickey Ray's, I had to go to Louie Mueller's or the Salt Lick near Austin to get my brisket fix. The side dishes were quite good too. I had the Chili (made with chunks of brisket among the beans) and the baked beans. The chili was awsome. The drinks come in mason jars, which is always fun. My wife had the deep-fried catfish. We didn't care for it, from now on we'll stick to the brisket or ribs. The "opening jitters" must be over now because the service was good and there were plenty of wait staff. Now, I don't want to say this too loudly in case Mickey is listening but this food is a good value. You get 1/2 pound of brisket for about $12. Don't say anything!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have a pretty high tolerance for bad service, however, this place was so extremely terrible that I would never recommend this restaurant, and I will be telling my friends and coworkers to stay away.

Review of Food: it tasted so terrible we could not eat what we ordered and actually had to dine at another restaurant. Chicken salad came with a huge piece of meat that was not cut, just set on top of lettuce; this made it impossible to eat as a salad. After cutting it myself, which made a mess on the table, I tasted it and was disgusting, like three day old greasy chicken; the dressing was watery and a small quantity. Side of cole slaw with rib dinner was inedible. The ribs were like old shoe leather and the bbq sauces didn’t help the matter; as a matter of fact all the food was way beyond help.

Review of Service: it was not a busy evening but still had to wait approximately 35 minutes from time of order to being served; this was unacceptable because we ordered bbq items that would have been slow cooked and and ready to serve; side of mashed potatoes never came

Review of Value: “F minus”

Review of Atmosphere: room temperature was too cold, probably around 60 degrees; not very good lighting at the booth area where we sat.

2  Thank Lisa W