“Bland food and ok service”
Review of Fuego Grill - CLOSED

Fuego Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were passing through on our way to visit family and decided to stop in. Overall, we had an average experience. We ordered tacos, a burrito, and quesadillas. The asado beef was tough and a bit stringy, but the cochinita was tasty. The rice and beans that came on the side were horrible--no flavor at all.

The service was a little odd and inattentive. I wanted the family to eat Mexican since we were at a Mexican restaurant. My kids are good eaters and aren't the kind of kids who will only eat three foods--chicken nuggets, pasta and red sauce, and french fries. I had made a selection for the kids with their input, only to have my youngest yell out that he wanted french fries as the waitress wrote down the order. Lo and behold, their kid's menu had the typical unhealthy burger and grilled cheese with a side of fries options that I loathe. I told my son we aren't getting fries, but even after I told him no, the waitress told him, yes, he could have fries. What?! Thanks, but like I said at least two times already, we aren't ordering fries. This led to an embarrassingly loud argument with my child which would not have been so drawn out had the waitress not jumped in.

Another strange occurrence was when I requested salt for the bland rice and beans. The waitress went to get the salt shaker and when she returned, she walked right past our table with the salt shaker in hand to deliver the water she had poured for a table outside. Why in the world she couldn't drop the salt off as she walked by our table is beyond me. Yes, minor thing, but in conjunction with other points, it just added to the overall average experience.

The kids ate their quesadillas and rice and beans, though, and were satisfied (without the greasy french fries). The other people in our party were a bit underwhelmed, but both liked the cochinitas a lot. I do love the fact that they bring out chips and salsa when you sit down, and the chips are house made, not store bought. Overall though, average food and average service.

There are newer reviews for Fuego Grill

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I wasn't too sure about eating in Driggs. It's a small town without much options or choice. A friend recommended Fuego Grill so we gave it a try. We had a wonderful meal with ample portions.

I had the Enchiladas Tejanas with green sauce. It was very good. A little on the zesty side so ask for the cook to tame it down if you don't like spicy food. Flavors were wonderful.

My friend had Chiles Rellenos and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My wife had a beef enchiladas. It was good, I tried it, but it was too spicy for her. She ate about a third and gave up because she said her mouth was on fire. I'd say it was a medium to slightly above medium spice, but obviously too spicy for some. She loved the flavor of the rice and beans.

Service was good, but there was only one other party at the restaurant. Food came out a little slower, but not terrible, than I would have thought considering there was only five people being served; however, our food was clearly cooked to order and not rewarmed.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very sad that our authentic little Mexican restaurant that was very tasty has been "improved" by the addition of new partners and nothing is good about it. We were the only ones in the restaurant and the service was lousy, we got nothing we ordered served correctly, and food was not good. Sad to see another one bite the dust...

1  Thank Teresa B
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have tried other restaurants in town and I must say the reviews are short of what this place gives you, this restaurant is cozy it has lots of flavor in its food. The chips are truly made from scratch not like those thin tortilla store bought like other places offer. we walked in after a big party and our server greeted us and kindly told us what to expect. He thanked us for our patient and gave us a free appetizer that we would have definitely paid for since the habanero wings are delicious. By that nice gesture we decided to order from the lunch menu and I must say the fish tacos are unlike no other tacos I've tasted. The batter has exactly the right ingredients to feel your eating very good comfort food, they were fresh and not to fishy tasting. My son and daughter were able to order from an extensive menu that is kid friendly and ate all their food. I wish we had more stomach to try other tasty things from their menu but we decided the fish tacos had to be the first to try. We come once a week for business and this place is definitely my new favorite! Thanks to the attentive good service and great experince fuego! we wish you well

Reviewed April 18, 2014

GREAT place to eat! I went on a busy Friday night but the service was fast and great! I had the Chile Relleno dinner plate and the meal was fantastic. The plate was not hot, signifying that they place the plate in a microwave or heater, and their produce is really fresh! Ill definitely recommend this place to anyone! Hope they keep doing good!