“Hardest Working Guides in the West”
Review of Teton Valley Lodge

Teton Valley Lodge
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Driggs
More attraction details
Owner description: We get it. We know how you feel. You crave a life altering, completely over the top experience of beautiful scenery filled with tons of wild trout. Well guess what? You are in luck. You are smack dab in the middle of a fly fishing wonderland. How about wetting your line in an ancient volcano that just so happens to be old Yellowstone? At six thousand feet above sea-level, the Henry's Fork flows out of a spring created by volcanic activity more than a millennia ago. The South Fork of the Snake is insanely gorgeous with enough trout to fill any fly fisherman's net. The Teton has so many different types of water. If you wanted you could only fish the Teton on your stay with us. You wouldn't see the same kind of water each day, whether it was the flat spring creek water right in our backyard, or the winding stretches below the lodge or the deep canyon of the narrows. During your stay at the Lodge, you can expect to fly fish on a different stretch of river every day. With over 25 different sections of fishable river on three blue ribbon fisheries in Idaho, there are years of discovery awaiting even the most experienced fly fishermen.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have been fishing at the lodge for several years staying at a friends home on the property. Matt and Brian have the hardest working guides in the West. These guides are knowledgable about the local waters and work extremely hard to put you on fish. I've fished with other guide services and no one has ever matched the skill or work ethic of Teton Valley Lodge. The guides at Teton are fantastic and passionate about making your trip a success.

I just returned from 4 glorious days on the Henry's Fork, the Snake and the Teton. Fishing was awesome, the food at the lodge is excellent and it truly becomes a family atmosphere. I'll be going back fo many years to come.

You can't go wrong fishing with Teton Valley Lodge.

2  Thank Lloyd H
Matthew B, Owner at Teton Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

We are so pleased you had a great time. We do really feel like our guests are family. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

All reviews
"fly shop"
"friends and family"
"great days"

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Absolutely great two days of fishing. Did not stay at the lodge but guides Seth and TC were great. Very patient with us beginners. Caught fish both days, got good instruction, saw a bear!!!! We will definitely be back. Very professional. Their reputation is well-earned.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This lodge provides an excellent fishing experience on the south fork of the Snake river and accommodates the serious fishermen as well as providing a positive experience for the novice. The food was outstanding and accommodations comfortable. Our guide, Chris, made our first fly fishing expedition a fun learning experience. There were many repeat experts and large groups visiting the lodge and engaging the skilled guides in addition to us novices. There were also some husband/wife teams enjoying the sport. Great fun for all in a comfortable setting with a great view of the Tetons.

1  Thank Denise S
Reviewed July 29, 2012

On July 15, 2012, I fished the South Fork of the Snake River in western Idaho with a guide (Tom Cleary) from the Teton Valley Lodge. (We were guests of a friend with a house elsewhere in the valley.) Although I got a late start because I got lost (totally my fault) and I am a novice fly fisherman (totally my fault again), I had a successful (we hooked and caught lots of really nice trout) and a wonderful experience. TC could not have been more friendly, instructive, patient, and professional. Not only did he come find me in the morning when I was lost, he quickly taught me the basics of fly fishing, put me on the fish, and he delivered me to the house/family at days end.
The owner's wife Heather is certainly a pleasant, nice, helpful person, too!
See y'all again, soon!