“Largest hotel room I've ever had!”
Review of Super 8 Driggs

Super 8 Driggs
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Driggs
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We were all pleasantly surprised by the size of our room. It had a large bathroom with a sink, plus another sink and counter outside the bathroom. The room was very comfortable with a mini fridge and microwave. My kids loved the pool which they said was very warm. The beds were a bit too soft, and the pillows too flat. The breakfast was very basic. The second morning I was disappointed to find that my fork had food stuck to it, and there were plates that were also not clean. But overall we were very happy staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Looking for a quiet place to stay with views of the Tetons, this is the place! After spending a few days in Jackson Hole, we thought we would go over the Teton Pass and try Driggs Idaho. We are glad we did. Helen checked us in at the hotel, she was helpful and friendly. Our room was large & clean, had 2 queen beds, frig and microwave. If you had a family, there would be plently of room for 1 or 2 rollaway beds. Be sure to check out Miso Hungry and Tony's Pizza for great food. They are both on the main road in Driggs. The hotel provides free breakfast in the morning. It was OK. The valley around Driggs is very pretty.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Very pleased with this hotel.. The room is huge, has a fridge and microwave, great internet connection. Large breakfast room, and guess what... real china and silverware. I will definetely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

All sorts of problems with my stay. Upon first entering my room and using the toilet I found that it leaked greatly upon flushing. I temporarily "fixed" it by placing plastic over the leaking valve. After the maintenance man looked at it he said he would fix it the next day and that my "fix" was adequate for the time being. The TV remote didn't work. And I was told that I needed to find a laundermat to wash my clothes rather than use the in-house facilities.

This motel has no elevator eventhough it is a multi-story motel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ajay2
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We stayed at the Super 8 Hotel for two nights because we wanted to enjoy the quiet side of the Tetons. We wanted to enjoy sunrise over the mountains. After commenting during the day that this was probably one of the best rooms we stayed in during our 24 day vacation (clean, spacious and comfortable beds), we came back to our room to find that used towels were removed but not replaced and that bedding was merely pulled up (in no shape or form a properly made bed). The first night we had to call for toilet paper. After talking with the front desk, I did not feel there was enough concern. Even though we didn't think the staff was rude, we also did not think they had good people skills. That, in our experiences is what makes a place memorable. If they want Super 8 to be a first choice this must change. I would recommend this place but also let them know what could be expected.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We originally wanted to stay in Jackson, WY, but hotels were booked up and only ones available were costly. I came across this just browsing around. Got it was $83 I think, stayed there 2 nights. We had the hotel to ourselves. The pool was huge, has baby pool, hot tub and sauna. We loved it. Breakfast was the typical stuff you expect from a continental breakfast, enjoyed it. I too, thought it was knew, I asked, been there about 10 years. Cloudy the whole time we were there, otherwise the Grand Tetons are a great back drop. Only a 45 minute drive to Jackson, and a beautiful drive at that. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We had a large group coming from different places to meet in Driggs for a get-together. Unfortunately the Super 8 was the only place we could find vacancies.
When I called to make the reservation the girl who answered the phone (after at least 10 rings during the middle of a weekday) was extremely abrupt and rude. Even when I asked her the rates she acted like it was putting her out but when I asked her the AAA rate she made a condescending sound before giving them to me. There was NOTHING pleassant about making the reservation. In talking to other members of our group, they had the same experience when they made reservations. One said she finally got the girl's name (Codi) and asked to talk to the manager because of the way he was treated. "Codi" refused to give the manager's name.
The worst part was yet to come. Without fail (everyone came at different times of the day) the girl at the front desk treated us all like we were imposing on her. When I got to my room, it was smelly and not too clean. It was late and we soon found out the toilet was clogged. It had to stay that way because "the front desk closes at 10:00 p.m!!!!
Four others in our group had the same problem with the plumbing.
The hotel advertised a continental breakfast which was a joke unless you like day old bread and a nearly empty cereal jar.
The other thing that was frustrating was when the girl charged the room on our card, instead of giving us the AAA rate we had reserved, she gave us a higher rate. When we brought this to her attention, she acted rudely and re-did the charge.
Later, we found out there was lodging at Grand Targhee Resort just a few miles, for only a few more dollars a night. Some in our party ended up doing this and said therir accomodations were great. WE WILL DEFINITELY DO THAT NEXT TIME!! Needless to say we will never, ever stay at this hotel again...IT WAS AWFUL and the service (hah) was even worse.....Stay in Tetonia, or at Grand Targhee Resort or in Rexburg or Idaho Falls...anywhere but here or the Best Western in Driggs which is owned by the same person and we have heard from friends is equally as bad.

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank gingernr1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Driggs
Best Western Teton West
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Inn at Jackson Hole
Inn at Jackson Hole
#6 of 7 in Teton Village

Been to Super 8 Driggs? Share your experiences!