“Super! Way better than I expected.”
Review of Bangkok Kitchen

Bangkok Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 32 Restaurants in Driggs
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised after visiting Bangkok Kitchen for dinner in the off season. I had brought my husband here with some trepidation only because of the many restaurants that had changed hands in this location. However, I guess they had been open now for over a year and I heard good things from other locals.
First of all, don't let the older outside façade of the restaurant fool you. Once inside, it exudes a nice welcoming & relaxing decor of a Asian and/or sushi bar.
The menu is very diverse. We started out with nigiri (tako and unagi), both arrived quickly and was very fresh. I don’t think I’ve ever had bad octopus or eel, but I found these two selections some of the better I’ve tasted. We followed this up with fried calamari which came beautifully prepared in a crisp, but not too spicy batter and complimentary (orange?) sauce.
For dinner, my husband had beef and broccoli made with a good cut of steak. I had the glass noddle salad with shrimp which was also very good, but not too filling (which is what I was after).
Throughout the entire night, the service was fast but not rushed and very thorough. The selection of various beers, wine and sake is well thought out and compliments the various entrees well. Don’t expect to have a martini or similar alcohol drinks, but this is not the fault of the restaurant – it stems from issues with county liquor regulations.
Anyway, can’t wait to go back this Summer!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

There have been some new additions to the Restaurant scene in Driggs, ID which has been sorely needed. Grand Targhee Ski Area brings a lot of skiers to the area , but getting a good meal has always been a problem. The recently opened Bangkok Kitchen in town has changed all that. They have a great selection of Thai food that can be spicy or non spicy depending on what you prefer. They offer about five degrees of spicy food along with many dishes without spice. It all depends on what you prefer. I'm a number two type spicy diner and really liked their different dishes.

What really surprised me was they were offering Sushi as well. Their Sushi Chef Mia, really knows her stuff and is very creative as well. I ordered a Full House Sushi dish that Mia recommended and was a special that day. It was made with two types of Tuna, Salmon and Scallops. There were about ten pieces on the plate served along with a good Wasabi paste and a soy sauce and some great freshly sliced ginger which I really love. The flavors of each piece of Sushi were really great because of the complex things going on because of the different pieces of seafood as counterpoint in each piece covered in a diced Scallop sauce. That was my appetizer , but a couple more plates of that would have made a great dinner.

I also had a seafood soup that had a little spicy flavor to it and it was loaded with a lot of every type of seafood you could think of or that could be found in the sea that was really delicious. You could make a meal out of the large bowl of soup that is served. I especially enjoyed the large shrimp and scallops in the soup. It was heaven. The third dish was a beef dish with a great dipping sauce that had a delicious and unique flavor to it. Everything that evening had great flavor to it and the spice was enjoyed as well. As all the portions were large I found it impossible to finish off the beef dish and some of the soup They offered to pack it up for me to take home, but staying in a motel made that impracticable. I enjoyed the meal with some nice Thai lager beer which went well with the food.

They have an extensive menu with a large variety of options in the type of dish you can order and the amount of spiciness you like. All the portions were large, and I can guarantee you won't go home hungry. And they also offer both cooked and uncooked Sushi if someone might be a little squeamish about eating raw fish. The food is delicious and has lots of flavor and is a good value for the dollar spent. They have many great offerings that are a great change from the normal fare of pizza and burgers. As Arnold would say, "I'll be back", with an Austrian accent of course.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

so my boyfriend went there at 9.00 at night the light still said open we walked in and we said there were two in our party the server had said dine in we said yes then he replied it would be better if you guys did a togo they were still open 4 45 min i found this disterbing not only did the business loose money but so did the server

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I head over to Driggs whenever I can to enjoy the food and the service at the Bangkok Kitchen. The owners have developed a wonderful menu and have added a sushi bar that is out of this world. By far and away this is the best around if you like Thai food. It is also very reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This has become our favorite local restaurant. The portions are ample, the food is delicious and the new addition of sushi is great. Not sure if it was a different cook on some visits but the spice level varied greatly.

Been to Bangkok Kitchen? Share your experiences!