“Good beer and food”

Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Driggs
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Since 1997 locals and visitors alike have enjoyed discovering this off-Main Street establishment offering a diverse menu of sandwiches, burgers, salads, appetizers, and entrées—all served in a casual, smoke-free, pub style environment. We serve lunch and dinner seven days a week, opening daily at 11:00am. Complementing our menu is a full bar serving all of your favorite beverages, including cocktails, an ever-changing selection of regional microbrews on draft, and wine. Please visit our website to view the full menu. The Royal Wolf also features outdoor dining on our spacious deck during the summer, daily food and beer specials, Wi-Fi, and billiards. Stop by to meet old friends and make new ones.
Victor, Idaho, United States
“Good beer and food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I like the beer selection and the food is great. I return for the cheesesteaks but have taken people there for the really good steaks at dinner too.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank John D

Goleta, California
“My favorite evening hangout in Driggs”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I love the Wolf! Friendly people, good service, great atmosphere and good food. The burger with tons of toppings plus a drink makes for an excellent evening in Teton Valley. The bar has that warm, small town feel that I can't seem to find elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Corrie E
Gillette, WY
“Good food but slow kitchen”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Five or six years ago we ate here. The open-faced, blacked fish sandwich was too die for, quite the memory. Reading the most recent posts, I was a bit leary to revisit.

We had the buffalo chicken sammie, fish and chips, and a kid's corn dog. All were fine with great, homemade fries. Good thing our server upsold the pitcher of beer over a couple of pints as the kitchen was SLOW and we had an iPhone with games for the boy.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank mpsGillette_WY
Montana
“Better food would make for a better experience”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We dined here twice in one week on vacation, not because there aren't other options, but because we thought our first trip was an anomaly. The service was great, but the food was lacking. Our second visit proved the first was no anomaly.

On our first trip, a lunch, we ordered hog wings - which were delicious - and a Argentinian steak sandwich and buffalo burger. We were not asked how we wanted the meat prepared, which led to later disappointment. The sandwich was good, and prepared medium rare, but the burger was well done and lost much of the flavor it should have had. We were served by the bartender who was friendly and attentive. So later that week, we decided to go back for dinner because many of the entree options looked delicious. This is when we were really let down.

We ordered the poblano wontons and asked for the sour cream on the side; it came right on top. No biggie. For entrees though, my girlfriend was weighing the seared tuna vs. another fish dish. I said given the way the burger was cooked, I wouldn't go with tuna. She took her chances, and I was unfortunately proven right. The tuna came in two pieces, each about a quarter inch thick - meaning seared meant well done all the way through, which is not how you want tuna cooked. I had the 'smoked' pork ribs and I put smoked in quotes because I do not believe these were ever in a smoker. There was no hint of smoked flavor, and there was not a trace of a smoke ring in the meat anywhere. Again, our service was great on a busy Saturday night, but the food - except the app - was not at all what it should have been.

Would I give it another try? Probably, but not until I'v been through the other restaurants in Driggs & Victor.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank stodgers
vail
“Where the Locals Hang Out”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Basic bar with some tables. Food is good - not outstanding. Portions are small and not many frills. The crowd is mostly locals and they have a good time. Very friendly.
Recommended.