“The last and the best of the old west”
Review of Spud Drive In

Spud Drive In
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Driggs
Jackson, Wyoming
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The last and the best of the old west”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are interested in watching movies, while eating fantastic hamburgers, malts and carmel corn, in the comfort of your own car, this is the place to do it.

2 Thank ewalk5

Washington DC, District of Columbia
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Roadside Attraction”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Saw the big tater on the side of the road and had to stop. Took several pictures. Wonder if the bullet holes in the truck were intentional or not.

Visited August 2012
Jackson, Wyoming
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“You can't beat this drive-in!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you are in Driggs or Victor, Idaho, you HAVE to stop at this place of American history! There are so few drive-ins left anymore, and this is one of the better ones. There's a little grassy play area below the screen that your kids can run-around or throw/kick a ball on before the movie. You can order some yummy spud-burgers, milkshakes, or whatever your heart fancies from their little restaurant at the back of the property.
In our family, we get so excited for the summer because we know that when there's a kid movie out, we'll be seeing it at the spud! We throw some blankets, pillows, and goodies in the car and head out. I'm so glad our kids will have these memories of a drive-in to tell their kids about.

Visited July 2012
Idaho Falls, Idaho
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Historical Outdoor Theater”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I loved it. I hate to see so many outdoor theaters closing, and it was really nice to see Idaho, Montana and Wyoming trying to keep theirs open. The community is doing a great job to keep this piece of history alive it seems.

1 Thank tripnew01
Yakima, Washington, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Visit to The Spud Drive-In”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

A few years ago I read a short article about the Spud Drive-In in Driggs, ID. I have been eager to visit the Spud Drive-In for two reasons; (1) I have great memories of visiting Drive-In movies as a child. It was always a family affair and how could you not love watching movies like "The Absent Minded Professor" or "The Shaggy Dog". (2) According to the article I read, The Spud Drive-In, at over 6,000 ft. in elevation, is the highest Drive-In movie in the U.S.
Since we live more than 700 miles from Driggs ID, we decided to plan a mini-vacation around our trip to the Spud Drive-In. In addition to the movie we visited the Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone.

We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the Spud Drive-In. In addition to watching a great movie (Ice Age 4) the food in the snack bar was very good. The setting was perfect and the experience was everything I thought it would be. Both of my kids (16 & 27 yrs. old) were with my wife and I and they enjoyed it as much as I did. With Drive-In Movies becoming a thing of the past, I strongly recommend visiting a Drive-In near you or do as we did and visit the Spud Drive-In in Driggs Idaho.

Visited August 2012