“Good place but could use some more facilities.”

Downata Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Downey
More attraction details
Owner description: Downata Hot Springs is a 100 year old hot springs ranch located 4 miles south of Downey Idaho. We now have new hot pools and a new dining room! Downata has several cabins and yurts for lodging along with a campground, picnic areas, tepee and wall tent rentals and more. The water facilities include a large naturally hot spring heated pool with three slides. There is also two large tube slides on the hill and a water playground, sauna and hot tub. Summer activities include lighted volleyball court, meeting room, snack bar, swim lessons, horseshoes, playground and several pavilions for family reunions. During the winter, steak and soak and pizza and pool deals are offered along with massages. A new pool log was added in the winter of 2011 for some steamy winter time fun. Downata is an old resort but the lodging is new and the owners are adding more improvements each year to this old hot springs resort. Come join us down at a hot springs.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My family was up there for a family reunion and it was a great place to host that, the pool was very nice and campground was good. I was disappointed that u had to pay for showers and they only had two bathrooms men's and women's so it was hard to take a shower or even use the restroom. The thing that was the most upsetting was there was no place to dump my rv they said the closet was Downey and u had to pay to use it.

DownataHotSprings, Manager at Downata Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for the review. Downata is a old hot springs resort and we are improving each year. We have plans of expanding across the road and will be adding more facilities. The coin operated showers are so we can control people from leaving the water on or shower for excessive amounts of time due to the fact that we do not have many shower facilities in our campground. The County will not allow us to install a dump station in our large sewer system because we have a drain field and life stations that go above the resort. Downata's campground is built on a marsh and has a very high water table. We know that it is much needed and we really wish we could accommodate the campers better but we are working each year to improve the facility and make it a great place for reunions to come and visit. We will be starting hot pools next to our big pool and a new dining room for dinners in September. Come join us for some winter time fun! We have fireworks on New Years Eve and we hope to have our new additions finished for the new year celebration. Thank you again for review and coming to our hot springs. We hope you will visit again soon.
Darlene Downs
Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice clean facility. Very kid friendly. Priced reasonably for an all day pass. The Yurts are nice and clean and provide great sleeping accommodations. The staff are all top notch and extremely friendly.

2  Thank Rick P
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went with our Young Women for camp. What a sad experience! I feel it my duty to warn others who may be considering this place for any LDS large group function. They have had a bad experience in the past with "our people" (their words). And unfortunately, our girls had to suffer the consequences of that, including rude comments, judgement and mistreatment all around. I will never return to this place and offer my warning that you will be offering your youth to the wolves if/when you visit this place. What Downata offers is a small taste of religious persecution!

4  Thank Michele W
DownataHotSprings, General Manager at Downata Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

We love the LDS people. Most of our staff belongs to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). We welcome any youth group to our facility. However, we expect all groups regardless of their religion, gender or type who attend our resort to adhere to our rules in our campground and water facilities, be respectful of other guests and pay the clearly posted rates on our website and brochures. The rules at the pool facility, such as diving, are regulated by our health department and must be enforced for the safety of our swimmers. I am sorry your group had a bad experience but I assure you that we do not persecute Mormons or any other religious group. We have many groups of all religions come to Downata Hot Springs and enjoy our resort both winter and summer.
Darlene Downs
Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm NEVER coming camping again! This was horrible! 1st got here and someone was camping in the spot we reserved and parked in our spot. Then when we got set up and there's a massive light above our tent that NEVER shuts off and the people around us are so NOISY!!!!!!!!! Absolutely horrible. I mean the groups around us are laughing and yelling and talking so loud we cannot sleep!!! Quiet time? NO reinforcing rules!!! FREE wifi? Nope can't get a password. I mean its almost 2AM and they are still partying! And is there someone to talk to? NO!!!!! We are very disappointed in this place. Again, we will NEVER come back :(

3  Thank Kin23
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Clean and family friendly. Rather small and old but so much fun. This place is clean and beautiful and off the beaten path. This is my first time back in many years and it was as good as I remember. Staff is very friendly.

2  Thank Annie O