“Extraordinary skiiing!”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Extraordinary skiiing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Of all the Western Idaho resorts, Tamarack opened first, and had the best snow. While Bogus was a literal rock garden in places towards the end, I didn't hit one rock the entire season at Tam. 2800 ft of vertical, and rarely a crowd. Because there are no waiting in lines, 3 hrs of skiing at Tam is like 9 hrs of skiing any place else.

Lewiston, Idaho
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“My New Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I move to Idaho too late for the 2012 ski season, but I didn't miss 2013! I live 8 miles from Tamarack Ski Resort, and it is where I have spent most of my time this winter. The most spectacular thing about this resort is the view from the top of the mountain! A close second would have to be the lack of people! I have never waited in line for a chairlift, but I occasionally have waited for a drink. There is a great variety of terrain and runs, and the snow conditions have been good this year, even though the locals say the snow has been scarce compared to prior years. The only complaint I have is the lack of beginner runs. My girlfriend has been learning to snowboard this year, and the only beginner terrain was a catwalk which is obviously frustrating for a new snowboarder. All in all, a great hometown resort that is a bit of a sleeper. I

1 Thank TO419
Baltimore, Maryland
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“Great day of skiing! No crowds!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had a great day of skiing here on a Saturday in February. No crowds, good snow, beautiful views. What I liked most about skiing in Idaho was that the lift tickets were more than hafl the price of a resort like Vail or Heavenly, with no crowds and good skiing. Tamarack isn't big, but the "trails" (mostly glades) they have offer a lot of variety. So even if you went down the same run twice, it would feel completely different. You can tell they started to put a lot of money into development, and then had to stop. And I hope they get that money again b/c it looks like it'll be really nice when its done. Had some planned mountain expansion too. And some permit only skiing areas for a real back country experience. Definitely go.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful mountain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been sking at many resorts in Idaho, and Tamarack has some of the most beautiful views I've seen. Also not having to wait in line is a wonderful experience and the feeling of having the mountain to yourself is a unique one.

Cascade, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fresh Tracks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I've got to hand it to the home owners association who have kept Tamarack open these past few seasons. It has a great family feel and awesome powder. Go Thursday's for fresh tracks!

Visited February 2012