“My New Home”
Review of Tamarack Resort

Tamarack Resort
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I move to Idaho too late for the 2012 ski season, but I didn't miss 2013! I live 8 miles from Tamarack Ski Resort, and it is where I have spent most of my time this winter. The most spectacular thing about this resort is the view from the top of the mountain! A close second would have to be the lack of people! I have never waited in line for a chairlift, but I occasionally have waited for a drink. There is a great variety of terrain and runs, and the snow conditions have been good this year, even though the locals say the snow has been scarce compared to prior years. The only complaint I have is the lack of beginner runs. My girlfriend has been learning to snowboard this year, and the only beginner terrain was a catwalk which is obviously frustrating for a new snowboarder. All in all, a great hometown resort that is a bit of a sleeper. I

1  Thank TO419
There are newer reviews for Tamarack Resort

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had a great day of skiing here on a Saturday in February. No crowds, good snow, beautiful views. What I liked most about skiing in Idaho was that the lift tickets were more than hafl the price of a resort like Vail or Heavenly, with no crowds and good skiing. Tamarack isn't big, but the "trails" (mostly glades) they have offer a lot of variety. So even if you went down the same run twice, it would feel completely different. You can tell they started to put a lot of money into development, and then had to stop. And I hope they get that money again b/c it looks like it'll be really nice when its done. Had some planned mountain expansion too. And some permit only skiing areas for a real back country experience. Definitely go.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been sking at many resorts in Idaho, and Tamarack has some of the most beautiful views I've seen. Also not having to wait in line is a wonderful experience and the feeling of having the mountain to yourself is a unique one.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I've got to hand it to the home owners association who have kept Tamarack open these past few seasons. It has a great family feel and awesome powder. Go Thursday's for fresh tracks!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We rented a cottage for a few days through VRBO.com. Our cottage was great and it was in an area with several other cottages and townhomes. Apparently this is the quiet time of year because we were the ONLY people there on our street. At night you feel really alone. However, it is really pretty up there. It was about 60 degrees but the snow was still pretty deep on the ground. There was a great view of the mountains from our front door and it was pretty to drive around Lake Cascade to get to the resort. We drove to the main part of the resort and saw no cars at all. There wasn't even a bar or restaurant open! There are a lot of unfinished buildings around the resort. If you want to see any sort of civilization, you need to make the 20 minute drive to McCall. Maybe it's busier during the ski season but it was dead when we were there.

2  Thank ashleenwalker

Been to Tamarack Resort? Share your experiences!