“RUDE and EXPENSIVE”

Add it.
Morels
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Sat down and waited a bit too long for service. Got a menu, decided we would rather not pay the ridiculous prices and ordered fries and cocktails. The fries were SUPERB, and the cocktails were strong. (Did I mention that everything is really really expensive?).

Unfortunately, one of the cooks came out. (I will not honor this one with the title of chef). He was a top caliber jerk of the surly and resentful school. Management needs to keep him locked in his cage. A co-worked hustled him away and conversed with us to be friendly; he clearly knows that damage control has to follow the cook around.

There are newer reviews for Morels

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The restaurant is being run this season by a local catering company and they are doing a great job with the food. Fresh, delicious and reasonably priced entrees round out the menu. Portion sizes are generous. I had the soup of the day which was more like a big bowl of chili with my dinner. It was delicious and I probably could have skipped the dinner after that. Service can be spotty when they get busy. There were around 350 people there for the BSU vs. UW game with a huge TV screen set up on the lawn below the restaurant...great time.

2  Thank JaneSJC
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had lunch here today, sitting outside. Ahi poke was excellent. Very tasty tuna, great mango flavors and more. Wife had the salmon melt sandwich, which was good, as was my veggie Thai Wrap. Beautiful view. Best of all: Bacon Bloody Mary's. Oh yeah! Spicy and wonderful. Restaurant is being run by a local catering firm. Nice people. Great views of the golf course, lake and mountains. A lovely lunch.

2  Thank LweinsTheDalles_OR
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Unlike the person below me

Me and my husband went here, I had the halibut and he had the filet, both dishes were cooked to perfection the rice with halibut was just great!!!

As for deserts

We had the huckleberry dumplings and there Carmel cheese cake

I would suggest this place to anyone so great!!!

1  Thank Pattersone
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Saturday Evening
We live at Tamarack Resort, and are always hopeful to have a nice “on site” option for dining.

The three of us ordered our meat rare. The two filets mignon were done perfectly. The salads had a nice variety of vegs and were very good (with bottled dressing). The accompanying baked potato had been reheated, but was OK. My burger was very delicious and juicy. The fries were hot and crispy.

Now for the Bad…
My expectations for Morels were not high. (see my previous 2 reviews from last year) I had twice left phone messages requesting their menu be emailed to me. Not only did they not send them, they never took the time to call me back. When I finally got someone on the phone, they simply said they were in no position to email the menus and read the limited selections to me.

We had the most unpleasant welcome of any restaurant. The manager/bartender did not even acknowledge our presence. We walked into the Morels dining room, to find it was dark, dusty and not in use. There were only 2 people at the bar, and another table of diners in the cocktail lounge. Two guys were seated outside on the deck in a covered area. ALL THE OTHER DECK TABLES AND CHAIRS WERE SOAKED BECAUSE IT WAS RAINING HEAVILY… We asked if we could sit in the “dining room” and rude lady said “no, we are not using that room”. I asked where we could sit, and she waved her arm to show the tall small tables (lounge tables, really not suitable for 3 “upscale” dinners). Finally they opened a small room called the library that would seat 4 – it was nice, but super warm with no A/C or open windows. It was already around 8pm so we did decide to stay.

The young waiter tried his best. He was surprised that the bottle of wine we ordered did not have a screw cap (!) and proceeded to make a mess of the cork and foil. JUST AS LAST YEAR, the red wine was served HOT. Upon tasting, my brother nearly spit it out. We immediately requested a very large bucket of ice to bring down the temp to 62 degrees. They don’t have a clue.

The Ugly
The menu price for the filets was $22. Our check said $25. The waiter told us they were changing the menu and adding more selections next week and the machine was already programmed with the new prices. AND, there is an additional 3% activity/resort fee added to every check! He did make the correction. I can’t give feedback on dessert, because the waiter never offered any. We found out later Morels didn’t have desserts, not even a cookie! Not ready for prime time!

2  Thank McCallFoodCritic