“Another 5 star meal.”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014

After dining out at a different restaurant each night to celebrate no kids for a week, Buffalo Gal was a no brainer. In fact, we almost put it on our list for two of the nights. To sum it all up, we have decided that this establishment is The Best Food a person can get up in the McCall, Donnelly, Tamarack, Cascade, New Meadows area hands down!

Let me tell you that this is a no frills appearance type of place which is right up our alley. We come here for the excellent food. The owners and staff are always pleasant and welcoming. I would recommend reservations if you come during summertime.

During this visit we enjoyed polenta fries, sweet onion soup, smoked Chinese ribs small plate. Hint: always try something of the chef' specials the day you visit. You will not be disappointed. We also enjoyed the shoulder steak with compound butter with herbs mixed into it , a twice baked potato and a ramekin with broccoli, peppers and Parmesan crust on top. I ordered the steak with sherries mushrooms. All I can say is that the food is just five star excellent! Steak was cooked to perfection and spiced nicely and that butter just sent it all over the top. We gave our compliments to the chef when he popped out and he was very receptive, appreciative and humble about it. He suggested that next time we try the brisket. I will! We will be back in the middle of July when my mother visits. She has said this is a must!

Oh, for dessert, I had the coconut ice cream with caramel sauce and hubby had the chocolate ice cream. Both served in a mini waffle cup. Everything is made here from scratch and you can tell. Divine, divine, divine!

1  Thank InNeedofaGetaway
There are newer reviews for Buffalo Gal

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I hate to eat spaghetti and meatballs out, but I have to here. Delicious! I can honestly say I have eaten everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. I recommend the steamed clams, chana masala, polenta fries. And ANY dessert, with french press.It really is global comfort food.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

On the recommendation of our local host our group of 9 visited Buffalo Gal on Sunday evening. Long story short we were delighted in all respects! The hostess and staff were friendly and efficient but th!e real prize was the food! All of us were ecstatic with our selections! Great experience all around!

1  Thank John M
Reviewed March 10, 2014

There were nine of us in our party, four local and five from the east coast. The restaurant was highly recommended by the locals and now I know why. Everyone's dinner was cooked to perfection. No one had a negative comment on service or food. The menu had a wide variety of offerings, both beverage and food menus. I will be talking about this meal for a long time. Kudos to the owners for serving wonderful dinners at a very reasonable price.

1  Thank jhersh1008
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Looking for a unique dining experience in the McCall area led us to a short drive to Donnelly and the Buffalo Gal. Great mussels for an appetizer. Spinach salad was huge and delicious. The Seasonal Vegetable Napoleon was a vegetarians delight. Finished the evening with a chocolate molten cake.... Yummmm. Not a extensive wine list but the food and daily specials make up for it. Will definitely return on our future trips.

1  Thank Cindy G