“Too pricey for what it is”

Gold Fork Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Donnelly
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We arrived Aug 1 on a Friday early, when it opened at Noon. We were there about an hour. $8 each for my wife and I. This is the kind of thing where perhaps you might stay 2 hours and then you're done. So to charge everyone a full day ticket seems a bit abusive. Perhaps offering a 1/2 day ticket would be more fair. It is easy to see that the owners are trying to rake in whatever money they can.

Our drive in was fine except for about the last 3 to 4 miles is an unpaved dirt road. So how relaxed were we after soaking for one hour in their naturally hot mineral water springs? Very! I enjoyed the experience a lot, I just wish it wasn't so overpriced. The place and water seemed clean to me. Yes, there a porta-potties there, but I didn't smell anything. They also offer free changing rooms and paid locker service. Why anyone would pay to lock up when you can simply put your things back in your car is beyond me. They also have handicap parking right up front. As we were leaving the place seemed to be getting more and more crowded, it being a Friday. I would suggest visiting on a weekday. Children are allowed and with enough people and their kids, I'm sure the serenity is quickly ruined. Overall our experience was pleasant but I probably wouldn't go again.

1  Thank Bill R

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great place to get away and relax. My wife and I make it a point to go once a year during our yearly vacation to Cascade, ID.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We live this hotsprings. It feels clean and upscale, and the setting is stunning. Worth the six mile drive from the main road - it'll make your trip memorable! Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We regularly visit these hot springs about 4 times per year. We recommend any visitors to the area to visit as well. There are several pools with varying degrees of temperature, as well as various depths. The surroundings are intimate yet roomy with the hot springs tucked back in the valley in a nestling of rocks at the spring's source. Priced very reasonably, yet only takes cash or check. No credit cards. Single yurt with a small changing room for men and women and only porta ports do do your business. Very rustic but i like that. bring all your own stuff, suit, towel, etc..You may bring in snacks and drinks in plastic (even alcoholic) and there are tables and chairs to relax in. There are prepackaged snacks like chops, candy for purchase as well as suits and towels for rent. You can bring in float supports for babies, but no big toys. I would not recommend going on a hot summer day or night as we have experienced some malodorous scents emanating from those pottys. Would recommend for Fall, Winter, and Spring...Especially on a cool clear night for star gazing. It is simply marvelous!

One of our favorite things to do is pack a cooler with food and drinks and head over there in the evening for a cold dinner and fun with family and friends for a few hours. Our parents love it, our kids love it and so do we.

1  Thank InNeedofaGetaway
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Four pools of varying temperature. Very clean in a setting that is natural and beautiful. The manager Samantha was a true delight making my experience great. There is even silky white sand surrounding the lower pools. The entire operation functions "off the grid", pretty amazing when you look at the whole package. It is a 4 mile drive up a dirt road that is in satisfactory shape, closed on Tuesdays. Enjoy!

1  Thank bigalsnow