“Spend your money on a hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coeur d'Alene
Wolf Lodge RV Campground
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We decided to camp during the 4th of July weekend. We thought this looked like a great place to stay with kids, and was very dissapointed. The first night we were packed in like sardines, and both neighbors were up doing fireworks well past 2am in the morning (one of the 'rules' is to not do fireworks, and have quiet time after 10pm) After a night of no sleep, we tried to make the best of our day. we were then tracked down by a man on a golf cart rudely telling us that we needed some kind of parking pass on our vehicle, and that the front staff should have given it to us..um ok? Only 2 showers and bathrooms for an overpacked campground was not a pretty sight. you are lucky to shower by 2pm.

second night, again fireworks till 2 am, horrible noises from all over campground, and no sleep. we have friends in CDA that wanted to visit, and they wanted to charge them $5 just to come say hello. they parked outside the camp along the road and walked in, only to have the sheriff called and them yelled at by the camp staff. Even the sheriff said it was no problem, and they could park along the road all they wanted. we even tried renting bikes for the kids to keep them entertained, but the front staff took forever to get to us, and again were rude.

Also, if you rent an RV spot, they DO NOT have firepits at all. they park the rv's so close together that there is absolutely no room for a fire pit, very sad.

So, if you like rude help, overpaying for a camping spot, noise all night, and having sheriff called if you try to avoid their overpriced parking, by all means camp here. otherwise, please please keep going up the road or get a hotel. So not coming back here!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I am writing this review a year later and sharing with some humor. Seriously , the one night stay in a tent in this campground was the night from hell. When we checked in we were told right away after we paid there would be no refund if we decided to leave. After spending a night at Wolf creek campground there was no doubt in our minds why they would make such a statement.

We were given a campsite by the freeway. It was so noisy from freeway traffic it was impossible to sleep..this was not some distant traffic noise..the tent literally shook due to big rig trucks rumbling through at 2 AM in the morning..worse yet, there was a huge neon sign light right outside our tent advertising this place that lit up our tent all night long as if it were daylight out. They light came on at at 10 pm and was left on all night long. Between the freeway noise and the light I started calling motels in
the area at 2AM to try and get a room....sadly, there were no rooms available in the area that night..

Do not be fooled by the lovely picture gallery posted on this web site. When we camped there it was in late July and the grass had a low level smell of dog urine. the bathrooms were dirty and it was a long walk from the tent site to the bathrooms in the middle of the night.. The morning we were there people were lined up outside to get in to take a shower and one of the toilets was broken and water was flowing all over the floor in the woman's bathroom. The overall feel of this place on the surface looked ok when you first drove in , but that illusion rapidly fell apart.

One last thing..they packed people in like sardines and there was a sense of disorganization in booking the tent campsites. Two other parties were assigned our campsite. They ended up camping near us as there was no room for them to go because the camp areas were full. As we prepare for this years vacation I was reminded of the nightmare with Wolf Creek and remembered how I had vowed to share our experience with others and just never got around to it. It is comical now looking back on it, but back then it was anything but funny. For the record, I am a pretty positive person and have never written a bad review before.. but this place is highway robbery (pardon the pun) my advice, save your money and keep driving down the highway and forget this place.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ckfaustina
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I made reservations for two couples and asked if we could share one site. She was not sure so booked two sites and said we could cancel the one if it wasn't needed. When we got there they said that is against the rules and unless they could book it that day for someone else I would be charged, thankfully it was booked. The camp sites are very cramped unless they put u in a corner site. The highway traffic really wasn't that bad. The bathroom was always very clean. Don't bother renting a canoe for the creek, it's a waste. All in all it could have been worse, it's about 20 min from town and very clean. The staff could be a bit more friendly for sure, maybe it is a language barrier issue...I would stay again, just don't have your hopes too high

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Audrey M
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I should have known better, when the lady answered the phone she said she was new and just started working there and was doing her best, we got to the RV park and were overcharged but she could not fix it, I said I would wait till the morning to get it fixed and then go to our campsite and proceeded to hook up but no electricity, which we paid extra for a powered site. It was on and off for hours, we were sitting outside and a pine cone fell down and alerted me then the WHOLE tree fell down unto our neighbors RV and nearly missed me and my RV, there was no management on the grounds just seasonal helpers, not much help, it took hours for the owners husband to come down, he was just about to leave and go to Bolivia for business, he accessed the situation and the local power company came down rewired the lines and cut the huge tree. The management offered nothing in compensation, he said he would fix the RV but that would have to go thru insurance. Terrible customer service, the power continued to be out, people left from disgust. This place is not run properly at all, so go at your own risk... you will be overcharged and be in harms way. The bee’s here are terrible, makes eating outside miserable.

Room Tip: Do not camp nest to the back wall of dirt and trees
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank supertraveler33
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in late August with a Cougar 327RES 5th Wheel (36 feet, 3 pop-outs). They accommodated our very early check-in with little notice (we called at 9AM to reserve a spot, checked in at 11). Just my wife and I, with 2 dogs.

The staff was very friendly, but they were experiencing an issue that I won't go into here. Lets just say, from experience, there wasn't a thing they could have done to provide an instant remedy. They provided updates, didn't lie about things and were open and honest.

For those complaining of noise, I can't figure it out. You drive on the highway to get there, then you use an access road next to the highway to get there, then you check-in and hear the noise. For tent campers, it's your own fault. For those in actual rigs, it's almost like white-noise.

There was almost no noise from other campers during our stay, the community fire pit did get used and enjoyed. The shop does have the basics, but not much more.

This is a nice spot if you're going to drop hitch then jet into town to do other things. Saving the money and not dealing with the rules of the other campgrounds in town (do your research...), it's worth it. If you don't like traffic noise, go to one of the parks in town where they patrol on their golf carts and remind you of each infraction.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex L
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This cabin was very cute and cozy. For the people that wrote bad reviews, they need to stay in a motel or a tent in their backyard. This is a campground where you enjoy the outside environment. They had a community fire pit and each site had their own fire pit. I love the idea of camping but I don't like to rough it. So I always stay in camping cabins. The Osprey Perch cabin was perfect. It had a very comfortable bed. A very clean bathroom with a toilet and sink, this was great for the middle of the night when you don't want to go outside. The loft was kind of tricky for tall teenagers to climb up and down the ladder. There were a few issues, like plywood for the bathroom walls and the store wasn't stocked very well. But, It was the cutest cabin that I stayed in and the staff was very nice. I would go there again and it was close to Silverwood Theme Park. .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in July and we really enjoyed it. They had clean bathrooms and nice grounds. Some people have complained about the freeway being right next to it with the noise, but we honestly barely noticed it. Unless you are very picky about quiet then you will have no problem. The only complaints we had were that you can't watch any videos online or you would get kicked off. So if you only want to use the internet to check emails and such then there is no problem. Overall we really enjoyed it here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple