Stayed here on our way up to Canada to go backpacking. Made our decision based primarily on price, ratings on booking.com, and proximity to Hwy 95. Our room had 2 queen beds and was plenty big. In the end, we didn't need much more.
The room was generally clean but it was obvious it hadn't really been cleaned for a while. To be clear it wasn't gross, but the carpets were kind of dirty, the drain in the shower was clogged a little, etc.
And then some simple things were missing... like no towels in the room, the staff had to rummage around to find a key card to our room, and it took us 30 minutes to check in after arriving at 11PM.
Breakfast was OK, but there is no dining area.
They do have a nice indoor pool that is open 24 hours.
Their business model is clearly with an emphasis to cut costs. That must be why it's a little more affordable, but it would be a real stretch to call our experience "affordable excellence" (their slogan). Because I'm a price conscience traveler, I would stay here again and be willing to put up with the oddities but I would first consider other places first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the premiere, year-round resort area of Northern Idaho is the Shilo Inn Suites- Coeur d'Alene. With 139 spacious suites, it's the ideal place to stay for business travelers or vacationing families. The hotel is convenient to local attractions, the Convention Center and is easy to find, located at Exit 12 off Interstate 90. Children 17 and under always stay free with an adult. Dogs welcome with nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shilo Inn Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur D'Alene Idaho