“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Onalaska, Washington, United States
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The elevator was stained & smelled horribly, had to use stairs because the smell was so bad. Very outdated hotel, lumpy bed. I asked for extra pills for the sofa bed & was told I needed to come down & get them...not "sure I'll bring them right up" or they could have told me the extras were in the dresser, which we found later. On another website they claim to have all flat screen TV's, not true!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Carole C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Decent side of average. We stayed in worse and our 10 day road trip but also stayed in equivalent rooms for cheaper. The only negative thing I would say is that the indoor pool was freezing. Stopped in CDA on our way back home 10 days later, and stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014
Wenatchee, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We tried to check in at 4:00 as that was check in tie according to their sign on the wall. We were told to come back in 20 minutes. We left and came back with no room still. It took over an hour just to get a room. While checking in they tried to charge me more than what I was quoted. I wrote down what I was quoted along with the confirmation number. I told them that they are not going to charge me anymore than what I was already quoted and booked the room for. The guy had no idea how to put it into the computer. I told him it wasn't my problem how he got it into the computer but that is all I am paying. He finally figured it out. We got our room and it was half way cleaned. there was a thick layer of dust along all the walls inside the room. the TV was old. the mini fridge looked like it was from the 1970's. The outside doors are not supposed to open without being unlocked by the key. It opened right up with out the key. No security there. The beds were old but ok. the breakfast was terrible. Prepackaged foods that tasted terrible. We opted to eat out. We attempted to go into the pool and hot tub. The water looked brown. The pool walls were brown from who knows how long it was last cleaned. The pool was ice cold and the hot tub was scorching hot. I used the washer and dryer there. Which there is one washer and one dryer for 4 floors. When I went to check on my clothes someone opened the dryer and left it open. I stayed down with it until my clothes dried. We had a 2 queen bed room. It came with 2 towels. I called and asked for 2 more towels and 2 more pillows; 3 and a half hours later after another call we finally got them. I was less than impressed with this hotel. We usually stay at another hotel when we go to Silverwood. Next time I think we will stay there again. The hotel security wasn't up to par. There was free wifi but it was very slow and I kept getting kicked off.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel entirely!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Heather D
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had a large clean bedroom but it all needed updating and the room and carpet smelt musty. Adequate toiletries, hairdryer, ironing board/iron. The room also had a kitchen area with coffee/tea making facilities,fridge.microwave and sink. The breakfast was dreadful. We were seated on long table (two in the area) we had polystyrene bowls, plates and cups and plastic cutlery. On the second morning of our stay at breakfast time there was not enough cutlery for all the guests and though eventually more was acquired we had to wait some considerable time. The bread/baguls ran out and when this was replaced it was all frozen. I had to ask at reception for someone to empty the bins which were in the eating area as they were over flowing onto the floor. The tea/coffee machines were in the reception area away from where we were eating. There were a lot of guests as it was the start of the school holidays, however the hotel should be aware of this and it certainly could not cope with the amount of guests. The hotel was situated some distance from Coeur d'Alene and I would advise anyone wishing to visit this area to stay somewhere closer to the town.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel nearer into the town of Coeur d'Alene.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia M
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We chose this place for our yearly family trip to silverwood I looked at a few rooms before I decided which one was the best fit for our family of five we ended up in the west wing which was the nicest the most disappointing thing was the old TV's and the breakfast was not great no hot food we won't be staying here next year

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We got a super cheap deal for a week's stay at this hotel. It was clean but it's quite old and could use a good update. The tv was old, beds were older but not too bad. The pool was great, and breakfast was ok. The location was great, right off the freeway. It wasn't a bad place to stay but I wouldn't pay full price.

Stayed April 2014
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed one night on our way to Montana and it was a perfect place to stay for us. The hotel is pretty clean and the staff were very friendly. The pool is very nice and great for young kids. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to downtown. Rooms were very spacious with good beds. The only negative thing was the wifi wasn't working!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple