We tried to check in at 4:00 as that was check in tie according to their sign on the wall. We were told to come back in 20 minutes. We left and came back with no room still. It took over an hour just to get a room. While checking in they tried to charge me more than what I was quoted. I wrote down what I was quoted along with the confirmation number. I told them that they are not going to charge me anymore than what I was already quoted and booked the room for. The guy had no idea how to put it into the computer. I told him it wasn't my problem how he got it into the computer but that is all I am paying. He finally figured it out. We got our room and it was half way cleaned. there was a thick layer of dust along all the walls inside the room. the TV was old. the mini fridge looked like it was from the 1970's. The outside doors are not supposed to open without being unlocked by the key. It opened right up with out the key. No security there. The beds were old but ok. the breakfast was terrible. Prepackaged foods that tasted terrible. We opted to eat out. We attempted to go into the pool and hot tub. The water looked brown. The pool walls were brown from who knows how long it was last cleaned. The pool was ice cold and the hot tub was scorching hot. I used the washer and dryer there. Which there is one washer and one dryer for 4 floors. When I went to check on my clothes someone opened the dryer and left it open. I stayed down with it until my clothes dried. We had a 2 queen bed room. It came with 2 towels. I called and asked for 2 more towels and 2 more pillows; 3 and a half hours later after another call we finally got them. I was less than impressed with this hotel. We usually stay at another hotel when we go to Silverwood. Next time I think we will stay there again. The hotel security wasn't up to par. There was free wifi but it was very slow and I kept getting kicked off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the premiere, year-round resort area of Northern Idaho is the Shilo Inn Suites- Coeur d'Alene. With 139 spacious suites, it's the ideal place to stay for business travelers or vacationing families. The hotel is convenient to local attractions, the Convention Center and is easy to find, located at Exit 12 off Interstate 90. Children 17 and under always stay free with an adult. Dogs welcome with nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shilo Inn Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur D'Alene Idaho