“Great place!!!”

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Sandpoint
“Great place!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

24 hour huge pool, hot tub, two saunas. All clean and well kept. Room was very large. Nice place if you are on vacation for a few days. Little kitchen area. Family friendly.it is not brand new in.the rooms and halls but the cost is minimal for its value!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Brandy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed on business and you can tell it's an older property. There is only one clerk checking people in. He did do a good job but he was swamped when I checked in at 5 pm. I drove by a hotel with a hospitality hour but this hotel didn't. They don't have any vending machines or any kind of food to buy for a snack. It is by I-90 and very loud with traffic all night long. The breakfast is very average, nothing hot to eat. The fruits were bad, bruised and not good. The staff was very friendly and the only good thing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jaiz59
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Valued Shilo Guest,
We want to let you know we appreciate and thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with us was. I just wanted to address some of your concerns. Yes this time of year because business is slower we do only have one desk agent at the front desk. We do however double up our staff during our peak season. As for the vending machine we do provide one on the second floor that does provide snacks we also have soda machines on a couple of the floors for drinks. I do apologize that you where unable to find the snack machine. I do apologize that you did not find the free continental breakfast to your satisfaction however we do offer a wide range of verity for our hotel guest which include waffles, hard boiled eggs, assorted Danishes, muffins, bagels, yogurt, fruit, coffee, and juice. I will be sure to pass along your suggestions to our corporate office. We do hope you will allow us another chance to provide you with hotel reservations during your future travels to the area.

Sincerely
Chad & Joyce Hubble
Managers
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The rooms are huge, a very clean place , staff is very friendly and caring ... especially the girl who worked the front desk today during our check out she made sure we got everything we asked for and made sure to give us our receipt such a sweetheart she even went out of her way to make us another reservation my husband and I appreciated the whole stay breakfast was great the woman who does breakfast worked fast without any complaints thank you shilo inn & staff for such a awesome experience we defiantly will be back !!!!

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Patrica32
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Patricia32,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with our Shilo Inn was. It is great to hear your stay with us was 100% to your satisfactions. We all look forward to seeing you and your husband again during your next stay with us.

Joyce & Chad Hubble
Managers
Clackamas County, Oregon
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Montana and because I'd stayed at this motel before, booked a room again. Check-in was quick and easy and the desk manager was friendly and helpful. But when we got to our room, we found that the a/c-heater wouldn't work, the freezing compartment of the fridge was totally full of frost, and the shower wouldn't work. We immediately called the front desk and a maintenance man was sent up right away.

However, he couldn't get anything to work either. So the desk manager immediately moved us to an "executive suite" where everything worked. We had hot showers and appreciated the upgraded bed linens, which were very clean.

I had reservations here for our trip back home, and again, the desk manager put us in the executive wing (he recognized my name from before). Everything worked great there, and was also very clean. The only problem was that the teenagers in the room next door were smoking (not allowed). We complained to the front desk about it and it was taken care of.

The motel is old and definitely needs some upgrading, especially the carpets in the hallways and the comforters on the beds. There needs to be better communication between the staff members about which rooms need work.

I was not happy with our original room, but what counted for us is that the manager made it right. I can put up with an error like this (no one told the desk manager that the room was scheduled for an overhaul) so long as we were compensated for it, which we were.

I'm not sure that we'd stay here again, but at least this trip was okay.

Room Tip: Get a room in the executive wing if you can without paying much more.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mokihana W
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Mokihana W,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with our hotel. I do again apologize for any inconvenience and I appreciate your understanding regarding these issues. I can assure you we are working on improving our communication between the different departments at the hotels to avoid any issues like this in the future. We do understand the hotel is dated and we will pass along your observations to the proper corporate personnel. We do hope that you will chose Shilo for your future accommodation needs whether it be in the Coeur d’Alene area or in another area we have a Shilo Inn.

Manager
Enterprise, Oregon, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Booked two different days on trip back and forth to Montana. Two queen bedrooms: Sheets were apparently not changed, food left over under one sheet, stains on the other, bathroom was not cleaned, not enough towels, not even enough toilet paper - on way to Montana. Heck, I thought I'd give it another chance and did not book another hotel on the way back. Sheets of one of the two queen beds was not not changed again. Stains on pillow covers. The mattresses were really not that comfortable either. Had a hard time sleeping. Terrible thing when your six year old granddaughter questions the cleanliness of a hotel. Will never book a room at this Shilo Inn again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Angelika D
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the standard of both your rooms. We understand that there are some major issues here and we have addressed that with some employee changes as well as some new policy changes. Our goal is to improve our cleanliness standards right away. Again I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and I do hope that you will allow Shilo as a brand another chance to accommodate you during your future travels even if it is not with the Coeur d’Alene property.

Manager
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Cleanliness is not in the vocabulary here. Skip this place unless you really have no other option. That may sound harsh but it's dirty, the carpet disgustingly so - same for the tub and shower. They have comforters on the beds that have to be from the sixties or seventies. One bed has laundered sheets but with very awful staining all down the middle. Yuk! If I hadn't booked non-refundable, same day due to not knowing how far I'd make it today, I'd be gone. Bye bye Shilo Inn & Suites forever.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank bobiluguru
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Bobiluguru,

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review regarding your recent stay with us. I do sincerely apologize that your room was not up to ours or your standards. I can assure you as one of the new managers here at the Coeur d’Alene property we will be making a lot of changes to improve the standard of cleanliness here at this property. We are in the middle of re-training all our staff so that they are properly trained on cleanliness. We have only been here less than a week but we are working hard with our staff to make sure our guest satisfaction is 100%. I would be more than happy to discuss your stay with our hotel if you would like to contact me directly. Again I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. I do hope that you will allow Shilo Inns another chance to accommodate you during your future travels.