Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene
Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$167
$152
Hampton.com
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$110
$105
Resort City Inn(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$124
$105
$159
$139
HIExpress.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$154
$118
QualityInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotwire.com
Japan House Suites(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$129
$60
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$179
TripAdvisor
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
$199
Cancelon
All reviewssteam roommicrowave and refrigeratorstayed one nightbit datedbed was comfortablesofafurnishingsinterstate
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for the Ritz, keep driving. If you are looking for an affordable room that is clean and in a decent part of town, Shilo will fit the bill. Room was huge with a mini kitchen area. Furnishings and decor are dated but I have stayed in much worse for a lot more money.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was older and in need of some upgrades. The lobby and continental breakfast were fine, but the room was not only shabby, but dirty. Further, housekeeping failed to make the bed, nor replace the coffee, soaps or shampoo.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HERStech
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Unfortunately, this place had the very last room available on this particular Saturday...and I can see why. Very old and run down. Hair found in the shower stall, which was the tiniest shower stall I think I've ever seen in a motel/hotel. We found a poor child's stuffed animal on the floor next to the sofa; does that tell you how well housekeeping cleaned? This was a suite which did not justify the $200/night charge. The red heart shaped tub was rather tacky. In the morning, at 9:30am, they were out of waffle batter and also out of batter for the pancake machine, so we left for Shari's down the street. Amazingly, the beds and pillows were comfortable, the room quiet and the registration person was very pleasant, quick, efficient and polite. She had the roll-away bed in our room before we had hauled up our luggage. And when we called for additional towels, blanket and sheet, she brought them up in just a couple of minutes! So I guess it was a mixed stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed for work back in August. Not much was available within Per Diem Rates so we booked at the Shilo Inn. The hotel itself shows its age, definitely could use an update. However, because this was business and I spent 14 hours on average working, it was fine for a daily swim and workout, then crashing till the morning. Breakfast was also just OK, but its free. They also have a hot tub, steam room and sauna, which was a nice plus at the end of a rough day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chuck_and_Mel
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I don't normally do reviews but I had to do this one.

We arrived at the hotel at 3:30 and check in is at 4:00pm. The guy at the counter was nice but abrupt about 4pm being the check in time. He did however check and found that 3 or the 5 rooms we rented were ready. When he called housekeeping to see about the other 2, he was met with a very rude response from the housekeeping staff. Our check in process was ok. We were allowed into the 3 rooms and had to come back for the other 2 an hour later. Over all he was a friendly person.

Our rooms were not very clean. I could not believe the amount of dirt build-up between the carpet and wall. Do they not have a hose that detaches to vacuum that area once in a while? We left pretty early to head to Silverwood and didn't return to the hotel until after midnight. When we did return we found one of the rooms not cleaned at all. Our towels/floor mat in a few of the other rooms were taken but not replenished. No soaps, etc, were replenished.

The main area of the hotel was just plain dirty. Carpets were gross. The entire place just made you feel dirty.

Our biggest complaint was the blonde woman we encountered upon check out. I can not believe that she is working in this industry. She was so rude! Never in all my years of traveling, which we do at least 10 times a year, have I encountered someone as rude as her. She clearly does not want to be doing her job. I've never had to stand for so long waiting to check out. She didn't do anything to help speed up the process and kept turning and watching tv as she was checking us out. She knew we had 3 cars with people (which included small children) outside waiting and she didn't care. She took her time. She was very rude to other guests that were there waiting too, finally one guy just walked out. After about 20mins she handed us the final statement and didn't even say anything. Not a "thank you for waiting", "thanks for staying with us", "have a good day", NOTHING!!! There was no one else there to even compain to.

We paid $125 a night for 5 rooms for 2 nights each. At least we could have had good customer service.

I've stayed in other Shilo Inns before and had good experiences which is why I choose this hotel, because of it's brand. But going forward, I would not go to any Shilo again nor would I recommend it to anyone else. I plan trips for our basketball team, soccer team and yearly family trips and usually like to stick with the same chain/brand. Shilo is now off my list. Especially the Coeur d'Alene one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family