“Transit night hotel”

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Transit night hotel”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed only 1 night as we were in transit. Agree with most of the other reviews. Odd musty smell existed in the hallways. Carpet in the halls was bumpy in a lot of locations.

Found the pool/hot tub area was nice and clean. Location was good for our requirements.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard O
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Richard O,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about the Coeur d’ Alene, Shilo Inn. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t find the hallways and carpet in acceptable conditions. I’m glad you enjoyed the pool and spa and our location was convenient for you. I hope you’re able to stay with Shilo Inns again.

Jamie Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. Old, musty smelling, the computer keyboard was absolutely filthy.
I even tasted their chilled lemon water and immediately spit it out. Their complimentary breakfast is very lacking. The carpet in the halls very bumpy a tripping hazard which they could be sued for. The male clerk at the front desk was rude it seemed like he was not interested in answering my questions when I checked in. I would not stay here even if I was given a free night. Never again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here look for other accommodations. Dirty......
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pamela A
Dear Pamela A,

I apologize you weren’t happy with the accommodations that the Coeur d’ Alene Shilo Inns has to offer and appreciate you writing a review. Our lobby and computer area are cleaned on a daily basis and the citrus ice water is well received by guests so it’s unfortunate it wasn’t to your liking. I’m sorry to hear you found one of our agents unpleasant as we have a friendly staff. If you would please contact me I’d like to know who you spoke with so I can address the issue with the agent specifically. Thank you for staying with us and I hope in the future Shilo Inns is able to earn your business back.

Jamie Garcia

Travelers are raving about these Coeur d'Alene hotels

Coldspring, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is old and the lobby, elevator area, and hallways could use new, up to date lighting, paint and new carpet. But, our room surprised us as it was spacious, clean and comfortable. We found room to relax and did not feel cramped.
Surrounding this hotel are newer, more impressive hotels making the exterior of this one look even older, shabby and dated. So, they ought to paint it, plant some flowers, and give it a clean, modern look!

• Stayed August 2012
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Bentleybeagledog,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Coeur d’ Alene, Shilo Inn. I’m pleased to hear you found your room clean, comfortable and spacious as we hope every guest’s stay is a great one. I’ve passed along your suggestions as to how we can update our building to our corporate office. I hope you’re able to stay with Shilo again soon!

Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed August 2, 2012

$115 for a room with a King size bed! We were paying under $100 (tax included) everywhere else in 5 states. Awful body odor/mold smell in the room. We tried to complain to manager. but she never called back. Carpet in hallways was horribly bumpy -- almost a tripping hazard. The carpet in the room was leprechaun green. It was the worst hotel ever for WAY too much money. Avoid Coer d'Alene altogether. Expensive hotels and terrible food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MMMamaJ
Dear MMMamaJ,

I sincerely apologize that the Coeur d’ Alene Shilo Inn did not meet your expectations. I make sure to contact any guest that asks to speak with me so it appears your request did not come to my attention and why you never received a call from me directly. Please contact me at anytime and I’d be happy to speak with you regarding your stay. I’m sorry to hear you did not enjoy beautiful Coeur d’ Alene and all it has to offer.

Sincerely, Jamie Garcia

Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed August 1, 2012

At check in, the lobby and front desk area looked clean and comfortable, but as we entered the hallway to our room we were shocked to find it dark, dirty with an unclean odor. Thinking our room would be similar we thought about turning around and checking out, but decided to at least take a look. It was dated but seemed to be clean and was large. The beds were fairly comfortable and it was quiet considering it was near the interstate. The indoor pool area was a hit with the kids but for the adults supervising, it was like sitting in a sauna. Our key card would not operate the side entrance near our room so we had to take the long route through the lobby each time. Breakfast was just OK. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was a little skeptical after reading some of the reviews. It was not a great hotel but the room I stayed in on the fourth floor was a good size, clean and smelled normal. No stains in my room but I did notice a large carpet stain near one of the main floor exit doors but no smell there either. The free breakfast was basic, coffee, cereal, make your own waffles, muffins, bagels and cream cheese. The air conditioning worked well during the 90 degree heat of July. I would stay again, but I would make sure I checked in early to have the option of switching rooms just in case I ran into a room like I read about in other reviews. If you can’t check in early I would look for another hotel. Based on my stay I wouldn’t be surprised if some area of the hotel had rooms that could be substandard. Mine was clean and very functional.

Room Tip: Check in early.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NWOregonTraveler
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear NWOregonTraveler,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the Coeur d’ Alene Shilo Inn. I’m pleased to hear you were happy with your room and accommodations. Even though the hotel has some areas that we are working on updating I can assure you that we clean every room to your and our high standards so every guest can experience our spacious and clean rooms. I hope you’re able to stay with Shilo Inns again soon.

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed one night (one too many) at the Shilo Inn in Coeur D'Lene, Idaho in June 2012. The minute we walked in I knew it was a mistake. There were no other rooms at other hotels because of the Iron Man Triathalon that day in Coeur D'Lenne. The hotel common areas are filthy. The hotel had a terrible smell. The place is old, dated and disgusting. The halls and main areas have stains and spills on the walls, the carpet is in rags and dirty. I used the hotel computer to try to find another room at a different hotel. The desk and computer keyboard were dirty,sticky and the dust on the keys was so thick everytime I typed a letter the dust came up. The drawer to the desk had a bunch of trash and spills inside. The instant I got up, I went to scrub my hands. When we got to our room and opened the door, the smell put us off immediately. I opened the windows and turned the ac up as high as it would go. We left hoping it would smell better when we returned. The room was old, dated but clean. The bed was tolerable. Breakfast in the morning was in their conference room. Standard fare for motels, nothing great. But the attention to detail such as a way to pick up a spoon or fork with out touching all the others was not there. It felt like they threw it on the tables and no one came to tidy or clean as guests came and left. If this is how Shilo Inns are, I will never even try one again. My advice...Do Not stay there. There are mom and pop's that are ten times better. Try the Flaming Motel!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Vinogirl,

I apologize you were not happy with our accommodations from your most recent visit to the Coeur d’ Alene Shilo Inns. I appreciate your thoughts on where the hotel and staff can improve and will use these as a guideline on how to better our guest’s experiences. Please contact me if there’s anything I can do to earn your valued business back.