“Clean & Good Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Los Angeles, California
“Clean & Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel in October 2012. My room was on the first floor. The room was comfortable and clean. The lobby area is small and cluttered, but I did not need to spend much time in the lobby.

There was free parking and wireless internet.

There is an IHOP in front of the hotel, which is nice if you need a place to eat. I did not eat the breakfast.

Located close to the major highways in CDA, which is convenient - I did not hear any road news as reported by others.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the first floor close to the lobby as the breakfast crowd news could be d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SMDTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Crosby, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I would never stay again! Very poor hotel, bed the worst I have ever slept in and the pillows were worse than awful. The breakfast was terrible and the toaster would not work. Now I know why it was so much cheaper than the other motels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JULIE S
Missoula
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I looked for days on the internet tomake sure I found my family a good place to stay that was safe, smoke free, cheap, and friendly... I found nothing of the sort at this awful hotel. First of all I was giving the wrong directions, and had to travel back several miles to stay in this DUMP so my credit card was not charged when I was right next to another comfort inn in the next town. LOL he was worrind about not getting my room sold but while I was checking in a couple stopped to see if there were in any rooms avalible and he turned them away, I guess he could have just rented it out. It should have been a sign to me and said you can have my room i move on. I wish I had It was the worst 130 I have ever spent.. Ok to the Hotel overall The room smelled like smoke ICK. the window on the 3rd floor yes the 3rd floor did not LOCK, had no safty so it opened the full 3 feet, black mold in the tracks and scarped off sticky stuff, it was next to the free way, the pool was GROSS smelled nasty looked nasty and the windows down there were moldy as well.... All I have to say is this is by far the worse hotel I have ever stayed at in my life... I have a photo but I can't get it to upload so I will work on that sorry.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank J J
Twin Falls, Idaho, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel was ok- I need to remind myself that it is a Comfort Inn. The beds were not that comfortable and the bedding had been washed so much it was almost see thru. This hotel is located right next to the freeway and the windows were very thin- you could hear traffic all night. The breakfast was ok, and my kids enjoyed the small pool.

Room Tip: Ask for one not hear the freeway side.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We are laughing at ourselves and not necessarily in a good way. We decided to break up our drive from Seattle to Missoula by spending an afternoon, having dinner, and spending the night in Coeur d Alene. We checked a number of lodgings ranging from B&B's to the Resort to Hampton Inn and everything was booked up - late July weekends at the lake are apparently very popular. So, finally stumbled on the Comfort Inn on line and it had rooms available. It website said it was "close" to downtown. Let's be real, it's about 3-4 miles from downtown and lakeside Coeur d Alene. It's located in a distinctly unappealing edge of town, awkwardly sitting behind the IHOP. We walked in and were greeted with a strong odor of chlorine. The indoor pool is immediately off the lobby. We were not greeted by a registration clerk - you have to ring a bell to summon the very low energy clerk from a back room. The hotel is badly in need of renovation - looks shabby, smells funky. When we walked in our room we were blasted with cold air - the air conditioning was up all the way. We turned it off. One plus for the hotel, the window opened. The bathroom smelled of Pinesol - I guess you can say that's a clean smell but not pleasant.
We are using the free internet, so that's another plus. There is a fridge and a microwave in the room.
You are probably thinking we are getting what we paid for but this room is almost $150 - so not worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kerwriter
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was very unhappy with this location. My daughter and I booked a 2 night stay last Jul (2011) and I have never been so disappointed in a hotel. My experience with comfort inns have been fine, they are clean and reasonably priced. However, this instance I walked in to the lobby and instantly had a bad feeling. The first impression of the lobby I overlooked, we checked in, looked at the pool, which was not very clean looking. We proceeded to the elevator and its a very old elevator, again we overlooked this, got up to our floor and the carpet was very worn and old, there were scratches and lots of big marks and dents on the walls and doors. We got in to our room and you could barely walk between the bed and the tv. The bathroom was very old style and marked/dingy etc. Thankfully the desk staff accepted our decline to stay at their hotel as I could not imagine spending even one night there.
The only pro to this was that the staff was at least somewhat pleasant, not overly friendly. Also, they didnt even have actual name tags, they had stickers that said "Hello my name is:" not very professional in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank kathleen h
Stanley, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel conducted check-in quickly, professionally, without unnecessary additional paperwork. It is located near an IHOP, where you can get a USA Today (they don't supply them free at the hotel). The online service works efficiently. The people at the front desk do things in a way that is likely to increase their business. The local business contact who made my reservation said he runs all his hotel business through here and they do things cleanly, clearly, professionally.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business