“Good location & great value”

Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Fairfax, VA
“Good location & great value”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Days Inn turned out to be an excellent value for this area. I traveled with my husband who was attending a conference in Coeur D’Alene. When searching for hotels, the conference hotel cost more than twice the Days Inn price. Other hotels that he checked had rates that were a lot higher. We stayed at the Days Inn for 6 days.

We received excellent service from the front desk. They helped make dinner reservations & answer our questions about local activities & attractions. Our room was a king room on the first floor. It had a sleeper sofa, flat screen TV, desk with chair, free internet, refrigerator, dresser with 2 large drawers, 2 nightstands and an armoire closet with a safe. Under the desk, there was a nice electrical strip with a lot of outlets which we used to charge our phones & gadgets. The bathroom had a tub with shower, 1 sink and hair dryer. The assortment of toiletries included packets of makeup remover, body lotion, shampoo, conditioner, soaps and a shower cap.

The hotel was convenient to the interstate and not far from the downtown area – not far meaning 1-2 miles. Breakfast was included and offered a variety of choices – 2 cereals, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, 2 juices, muffins, biscuits, hot chipped beef, yogurt, hot chocolate, tea and coffee. There was one computer available for guests and a printer. I used it several times. It was very, very fast. No pool but there was a hot tub which was small but nice. It was even drained & cleaned while we were there.

Our room was on the front corner of the building facing the main road. Surprisingly we did not hear the traffic. However for some reason our room always felt a little musty & damp. I think the room could have used more sunlight. We wanted to open the drapes up all the way during the day but did not- all due to our being on the first floor with parking spaces right outside the window. People also walked by our window just a few feet away. It would have helped to have a set of sheer curtains with the drapes. Then we could have opened the drapes but covered the window with the sheers to let the daylight in. The drapes were thick enough to block the light out day & night and provided good privacy.

I’d stay here again but would request a room on one of the upper floors.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Virginia2002
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us. I really like your suggestion about the sheer drapes and know exactly what room you are speaking of. Having double paned windows really helps from not having too much outside noise. We are in discussion for replacing our windows next year which I think may decrease the musty and dampness you experienced.

I look foward to our next stay with us,

Elizabeth Jobe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I just read a few negative posts on this hotel, which surprised me, because I was very satisfied with my stay a few weeks ago. Our room was basic, but considering the rate we paid, we were more than happy with it. We couldn't fault the cleanliness and although I'm a very light sleeper, we didn't have any problem with "nextdoor" noise. Maybe we were just lucky... Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. Only breakfast was a bit too basic and uninspired in our opinion. But again, for the rate we got, this was a very good choice.

Room Tip: Be aware that the hotel has no elevator, so ask for a 1st floor room if necessary.
1 Thank deedee-2004
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay, it is our number 1 goal for all of our guests who stay with us. We pride ourselves very much in our service and cleanliness, and it is a great feeling when it is recognized.

We look forward to your next stay,

Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff were all friendly, helpful and efficient - I would especially like to thank George who was on the desk at night while i was there. Really helpful and professional. The room was excellent and kept clean. The little things like always making sure you have new soap and shampoo rather than those places that skimpare a nice touch. The breakfast is simple but ample with good choice - i particularly like the self-cooked waffle. The location is excellent, easy to find when you arrive and right next to the freeways. Tthe hotel was excellent vale. Well done everyone at the hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. George, along with everyone else on staff, is absolutley amazing and takes time to make sure all of our guest feel like they are home when they stay with us. He is quite knowledgable about our area and will always look something up if he does not know.

We look foward to your next stay,

Helena, Montana
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I also chose this property because it seemed to be a lower-priced (for the area) hotel with great reviews. However, I can not give it a good review, and I am really not a very picky person!

Upon arriving we found our non-smoking room to have obviously been smoked in recently. The staff member was really helpful and did go the extra mile to find us another room. No question, all the staff we came in contact with were very friendly. They were the one bright spot in our stay.

The hotel and decor is dated (something to mention, but does not really bother me in and of itself). But, the bed was uncomfortable--maybe okay for one, but definitely saggy in the middle and hard for 2 to sleep on. Breakfast was really the bare minimum and not kept up well. For some reason, after our first night, housekeeping made one bed and not the other--including leaving a damp towel on that bed. Not terrible, but weird and kind of annoying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for your unpleasant experience with your recent stay. All of our rooms are non-smoking; unfortunately not everyone respects this rule. We do our best to ozinate and clean out smoke odor when this happens. It is very unfortunate that we messed up and still went to rent that room.
Housekeeping does not make a bed if there are any personal items left on a bed, and are supposed to leave a note on the notepad to inform our guests as well. I have brought this up to housekeeping for them to better understand. I am not sure if you had other items left on the bed, but if you did not then there is absolutely no reason why they should have not removed the towel and completely make up your bed. I also have brought up the breakfast upkeep with our breakfast attendants as well. We usually have anywhere from 1 to 3 staff members who help stay up on replenishing supplies as the run low. I want to also thank you for your feedback because it is important for us to learn and grow.
I am very pleased to know that you did have a great customer service with all of our staff, because that is something we truly pride ourselves in.
I really do hope that down the road you would be willing to give us another chance.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the price and great reviews. The reviews were not correct. Maybe we just got unlucky, maybe it was chance, here I go:

The bad:
-NO ELEVATOR. (I had recently hurt my back, this sucked)
-The comforters BOTH had disgusting, fresh signs of bodily fluids when we inspected underneath.
-The clean towels smelled funny...a little musty.
-One bed had brown hair all over it and inside one of the pillow cases.
-The next day we requested the sheets be changed while we were at Silverwood, they were NOT changed.
-Room smelled of old musty cigarettes (used to be smoking, painted over).
-A/C only worked half of the time.
-Paper thin walls. We heard voices all day and night very clearly.
-The bathroom was clean when we arrived but was not clean at all after we requested housekeeping while we were gone.
-The hot tub was small, literally too hot to be in for more than a minute and had candy wrappers floating around.

It sounds like I am making this up, but seriously our stay was like a comedy movie based in a hotel.

The Good:
-Friendly staff
-Make your own waffles
-Cheap(ish?)
-5 seconds from I-90 and many places to eat.

We should have camped at the Silverwood campground.

Room Tip: Don't get the cheapest room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Happycustomer60878
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I want to first apologize for the unpleasant experience at our hotel. I first want to address that yes we do not have an elevator, but we are only a 2 story hotel. Also, had we known when making your reservation that you would prefer a room on the main floor we would have done our best to accommodate that for you.
Secondly, I immediately brought this review to the attention of my Head Housekeeper, Assistant Head Housekeeper, and Front Desk Supervisor. We take our cleanliness and customer service very seriously, and we would have done everything possible to fix any and all errors. We do not recall any of these complaints being brought up to anyone on staff. I am hoping that you wouldn’t mind taking more time to send me an email with what room and date of stay. I would like to look into this further with you. I also wanted to add that with stay over service we do not fully clean a bathroom. We replace all amenities and towels as needed.
We also keep our hot tub strictly at 100 degrees to do our best to please all our guests with temperature control. Of course, there are times when that can change, and if staff is notified then any of them would have been able to lower temp and also clean out the candy wrappers for you. With multiple guests staying and using the hot tub, we unfortunately cannot control every moment in there, but do our very best to keep it cleaned and maintained for all of our guests.
Again, I want to apologize for your stay that was below even our own standards. I really hope I do hear from you and that you would be willing to give us another try.
Safe Travels,

jobe.elizabeth@gmail.com
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great location. Close to Spokane, great staff. Clean. Wife and three kids stayed and will
make our future headquarter for future vacations. And what a great city. Shopping in Hayden,
Spokane, Post Falls and the Spokane Valley. What more could a shopper ask for.
Can not ask for better holidays. So little time and too much to do. One of the most beautiful places my wife and kids have stayed in.

1 Thank spokoj
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our beautiful city.

We look forward to your next stay and vacation with us.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a very nice motel. It is easy to get to the waterfront and to downtown - and to shopping.
The room was huge and had everything except a table and chairs. But it did have a couch, fridge and microwave and a well lighted desk. The bed wss super! We had a great nights sleep.
Bathroom was spacious and clean with plenty of towels.
The laundry room is convent and clean - and reasonable!
Excellent breakfast with more than the standard bakery and coffee.
There are popcorn and cookies available in the evening.
It seems they really go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one
Our only suggestion is to book early if you know you are going to be in the area. People were being turned away when we were there. :(

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and was able to experience all the great things we have to offer. As a team we work very hard to keep our guests feeling welcome and comfortable while staying with us.

We look forward to seeing you agian,