“Clean, quiet, economical”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Canada
“Clean, quiet, economical”
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We appreciate their pet friendly policy. Room was newly refurbished and very clean. Mattress was overly soft but that is probably just my opinion.

Close to many fast food restaurants and one good Italian place....Joey Tomato's.

Will come back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Idaho
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We stayed in the "Secret Garden" room King bed and Heart shaped Hot tub.. The room was perfectly clean and we checked in early. We stayed just because it was the same hotel and room we stayed in 16+ years ago on our Honeymoon.( A gift from our kids)
The staff was friendly everything in the room and hotel was well maintained. I loved the bed. (Pillow not so much but my husband liked them) Breakfast was not great but not bad....My husband prefers Bisc and gravy, they only had waffels... The coffee was good and that is a big deal to me. I did notice 1 thing no strainer in the kitchenette sink.and the bathroon itself was small..
Other than that I enjoyed my stay very much. with the AAA discount the price was great.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Surrey, BC
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Ok, so the main reason we stay in La Quinta is because they accept pets with no extra charge and we often travel with our dogs. But they are always reliably comfortable and clean and the breakfast has lots of variety.

So if you don't like animals, you won't like staying here because lots of us with them DO stay here. I overheard someone in the pool area comment that there was 'some dumb dog show in town'. Yes, you will find a LOT of dogs at La Quinta on weekends of dog shows.

This La Quinta had an indoor pool and hot tub that is open 24 hours!! I love that because when you are in town for your dog show, it takes up all of your day, and then after a shower & dinner, typically the hotel pools are closed and we never get to take advantage of them. Having a 24-hour pool is a great option - and I took full advantage and it was clean and enjoyable.

The breakfast always offers waffles, cereal, yogurt, cheese, bagels & toast - and yes, the hard-boiled eggs. Juice & coffee.... I've been in hotels that throw out a box of Costco streudal as their 'breakfast'. I love La Quinta's breakfast.

The rooms are large and well turned out. There really is nothing to complain about here!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
AB, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We travelled down to Coeur D'Lane for our 20th anniversary.The hotel looked so nice from the outside so we checked in.The room we wanted had a kitchenette in it and wasn't ready yet so we went and bought some groceries.We unpacked and started supper.When I looked in the cupboard I found empty bottles and a half eaten bag of chips from the previous guests.The headboard was extremely dusty and the mattress was saggy on one side from people using the bed to sit and eat at the table.The last straw was finding hair in the tub.We checked out !!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
CA
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I was under the impression La Quinta was a good mid-scale hotel, but the overpowering smell of disinfectant and cleaning fluids (with underlying ashtray odors) was enough to float me across the freeway to the local hospital. Can we say headache? YES!
I strongly suspect they are trying to kill the odors of cigarettes and animals.
They claim everyone loves their pillowtop beds but my back was killing me by midnight.
Pay more, stay healthier.
*Desk staff were pleasant and courteous.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Arizona
Reviewed August 24, 2009

This property gives LaQuinta a bad name. Pet-friendly means they can charge more but never worry about pet odors or stains - both were plentiful in our room #318. One comes to expect atleast a decent mattress, comfortable pillows and clean(!!) linen and even a vanity sink that drains in a $125 (AAA discounted) room. Not so here. The breakfast room was the size of a closet and served some of the nastiest food I've ever been offered (try the boiled eggs if you don't believe me). The front desk staff (mgr was the title on her name tag) was indifferent at best. I expect most guests are drive-bys for one night as the location is conveniently located just off I-90. Do yourself a favor and keep driving.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZspaLady
edwards
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We are sorry we booked this hotel. 1st they tried to charge us $160/night just because it was ironman week. This is a $30/night hotel, at best. We typically stay at La Quinta's because they are pet friendly. This one is the worst. The owner/manager obviously is more focused on making a buck than providing a decent place to stay. We changed rooms twice in hopes the next one would be cleaner. We ended up checking out and staying somewhere else. Don't waste your money here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple