“No elevator!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Columbia City IN
“No elevator!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel was a typical La Quinta except there was no elevator. We were on the top floor, so we had to carry our luggage up the stairs. (We are in our mid 60's and while walking stairs aren't an issue, carrying heavy suitcases is). They didn't mention this when we booked the room. THe room had a musty smell (which the febreeze I carry helped to cover up). The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the tv was great (direct tv). They had a very clean guest laundry which was reasonable to use. Lots of restaurants nearby (a pizza hut next door). A huge mall within 2 miles. The girl at the front desk at check in didn't seem to know exactly what she was doing.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the 2nd floor (that is where the front desk it). That way you won't have to wal...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Debbie,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We do not have an elevator, but do our best to hold rooms on the main level for those with special needs, excess luggage, small children, etc. I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate you on the main level, but you certainly can always request it when booking. I will speak with the staff and be sure they are offering to assist guests with luggage. They are usually quick to offer and assist; I apologize that this was not the case. I am glad to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable. We do hope you would return to our hotel again in the future.

Ali Krupp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Most expensive La Quinta I have stayed in. If I knew it was going to be so much I would have stayed at Holiday express which was less. And better service. Check in took a long time. I mentioned both my AAA for discount and my La Quinta 20% discount. Only reason I stayed as it helped make the costs more reasonable. They did not show up on my checkout bill and the desk clerk was so snarly as I was asking if they could I get something edible into the breakfast room. They had hot waffles, can fruit salad full of sugar, etc etc. High fat and sugar content. Nothing healthy except last years apples which were inedible. And some cold boiled eggs. The only people in the breakfast room all were all above 300 pounds.Never did get the discounts. I even wrote management. Best to stay in La Quinta in Spokane Valley, not far, real food, better prices and nicer people.

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I apologize that your recent stay with us was not what you expected. Coeur d'Alene is a resort location especially in summer. Our rates are lower than Holiday Inn's, Best Western, Hampton, etc because we do not offer some of the full service amenities that they offer. However, during the busy season, most hotel rates do fluctuate.
I apologize if check in may have taken a bit longer, occassionally we do get quite busy, but work as quickly as possible. As for your discount, I cannot speak on that without looking at your reservation. If you would like, please contact me via email or phone in order to discuss the matter.
We are not a full service hotel, but do offer extended options outside of the La Quinta requriements for breakfast. We do have waffles, pancakes, oatmeal with multiple toppings, fruit, yogurts, cereal, hard boiled eggs, etc. I am sorry if we were unable to meet your needs.
Please do contact me in order to see if we can resolve the issue. We would love another chance to make it right.

208-765-5500
lq0464gm@laquinta.com
Vancouver B.C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Updated hotel. Near I90 with easy access. The bed are so comfortable and rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are small but fine. Fridges in the room and AC. Free Wifi in the room is good but you have to log on often and watch ads to access it. Free hot breakfast include, many choices. Quiet rooms with little freeway noise, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank WNickel
Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and would visit us again when in Coeur d'Alene. We have done quite a bit of updating and are always striving to improve. We look forward to continuing that, and providing a clean, comfortable stay for you again.

Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were very pleased with our recent stay, very friendly staff, the facility was immaculant, service was good, beds were clean and very comfy, very nice rooms, kudos to the manager Ali Krupp, very well run establishment, definitely recommend and will return, thanks for a great experience ! DD

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here and that we met your expectations. We do hope to see you again in the future!

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I showed up at this property after making a reservation for two queen beds 8 months prior. When we arrived at 3:30PM we were told the only thing available was a king and a sofa bed, which I do not consider equilivent. The manager was only available by phone and offered no help. At my suggestion they called the other La Quinta [La Quinta-East] in town who graciously matched the rate. I subsequently e-mailed the manager asking for an explanation as to how this could have happened. I received an apology, but no explanation. The Other La Quinta in town was very acommodating and I would stay there again.

My advise. Stay at the La Quinta-East and bypass this hapless property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robert G
Dear Guest,
I apologize again for the inconvenience, and I thought that through our email communication we had resolved the issue. I apologize, but because this was back in July, I no longer have our correspondences. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me either via email or phone.

208-765-5500
lq0464gm@laquinta.com
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel often for businesses have stayed at several La Quintas. I booked this hotel by accident. . . I have in the past stayed at the Ameritel right across the freeway from the hotel. I was in a hurry when making this reservation and thought I was reserving the Ameritel. . . I got my wires crossed and instead I found myself at this La Quinta. No biggie. . . La Quinta is fine. . . Or so I thought. My first issue was the fact that I could not get ahold of anyone at the property. I called the reservation number and was told rather snappily that it was high season and that is why they were not answering the phone. OKAY. . not how I run my business but what the heck. . .
Check in was normal except for a rather inordinate amount of emphasis said it was non smoking hotel. . I proceeded to my room. This is an older hotel and is rather dated in its room size and accommodations. Normal amenities such as adequate room to work and plug ins were completely missing. I had to unplug a lamp in order to plug into my cell phone charger. The room was very small. We are talking very small here. . . I was by myself and only staying one night so no big deal. The Television service was fine and at least I had a nice good sized TV to watch. In the mornIng I was awakened by an ankle biter dog barking in the hallway ImmedIately outsIde my room. I went down to breakfast. . . that is when the worst part of the stay revealed itself. Waffles, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, dry cereal or fruit salad. Take your pick. While I realize many folks are fine With this type of selection, I have to have protein in the morning and no carbs. Therefore I was trapped. I had a business meeting to attend and no time to go anywhere else to eat. I went ahead and had a waffle & a bowl of oatmeal; both of which were just fine, but not what I was hoping for. In short- I had a super 8 experience. I am NOT a "hi faluttin' "guy, but for $150 a nIght with tax I expect more than your average Motel 6 experience. Sorry, cannot recommend this hotel. The Ameritel Ironwood next door beats it hands down.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that is was not what you expected. I will certainly be addressing the phone issues with the staff, this is not the way we run our business, and I apologize.
It does sound like you reserved a single queen room for your stay, those are the smallest rooms in the hotel. Next time, we would recommend a king if you prefer to have a larger desk and work space than what is in the singles. We have provided a "cubie" outlet with 3 additional plugs and USB ports. We've done so in order to better accommodate all of the devices we carry with us now.
We do not offer a full hot breakfast, but do have more selections than the La Quinta standard. We do have hard boiled eggs as a protein, and added the oatmeal with toppings in hopes to help there as well.
I do hope you would consider our hotel again in the future.

Lacey, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I never write bad reviews, but our experience here was terrible. We had one night in Coeur d' alene on a long road trip and chose La Quinta due to the pool for the kids. We checked in and left for downtown for dinner. Came back and the kids suited up for the pool excitedly. We find a note on the door saying it's closed for remodel.

We tried to check out and get a refund, but the manager wasn't there and the lady at the front desk couldn't guarentee our money back if we checked out. I couldn't afford to gamble $300 so we were forced to stay. (We were never informed that there was a water park near by we could have gone to instead)

We told the kids we'd get a movie in the room as a consolation, but upon trying to order it we had issues, and called the front desk. We were informed that they were not available for purchase (just a tease I guess) No DVD player we could use either. I had 4 rambunctious boys bouncing off walls.

I spoke with the manager the next day and she insulted me by offering a couple of $5 water park passes. I can't believe I was so nice in declining, we had to get back on the road.

We travel through Coeur d' alene constantly and will never stay at La Quinta again. I will pay a little extra money to stay at the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Check to make sure the pool is open and don't plan on watching a movie.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank travlers2013
Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to hear that the pool closure was not communicated with you at the time of reservation. We have removed the photos and amenity listing off our website, informed the call center, and do our best to tell each guest over the phone. It is posted at the front desk as well as the alternative option we have set up with the community center in the mean time.
At this time, we do not offer pay per view, but do have movie channels available. All televisions are also "plug n play", so if you have a personal device, you can hook it up to watch a movie that way if you'd like.
Our pool should be open in the very near future, and we'd love to have you back to show you a better stay.
Again, I apologize, and hope you will give our hotel another try.