“Reservation Problems Unresolved”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
San Diego, California
“Reservation Problems Unresolved”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I showed up at this property after making a reservation for two queen beds 8 months prior. When we arrived at 3:30PM we were told the only thing available was a king and a sofa bed, which I do not consider equilivent. The manager was only available by phone and offered no help. At my suggestion they called the other La Quinta [La Quinta-East] in town who graciously matched the rate. I subsequently e-mailed the manager asking for an explanation as to how this could have happened. I received an apology, but no explanation. The Other La Quinta in town was very acommodating and I would stay there again.

My advise. Stay at the La Quinta-East and bypass this hapless property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robert G
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
I apologize again for the inconvenience, and I thought that through our email communication we had resolved the issue. I apologize, but because this was back in July, I no longer have our correspondences. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me either via email or phone.

208-765-5500
lq0464gm@laquinta.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel often for businesses have stayed at several La Quintas. I booked this hotel by accident. . . I have in the past stayed at the Ameritel right across the freeway from the hotel. I was in a hurry when making this reservation and thought I was reserving the Ameritel. . . I got my wires crossed and instead I found myself at this La Quinta. No biggie. . . La Quinta is fine. . . Or so I thought. My first issue was the fact that I could not get ahold of anyone at the property. I called the reservation number and was told rather snappily that it was high season and that is why they were not answering the phone. OKAY. . not how I run my business but what the heck. . .
Check in was normal except for a rather inordinate amount of emphasis said it was non smoking hotel. . I proceeded to my room. This is an older hotel and is rather dated in its room size and accommodations. Normal amenities such as adequate room to work and plug ins were completely missing. I had to unplug a lamp in order to plug into my cell phone charger. The room was very small. We are talking very small here. . . I was by myself and only staying one night so no big deal. The Television service was fine and at least I had a nice good sized TV to watch. In the mornIng I was awakened by an ankle biter dog barking in the hallway ImmedIately outsIde my room. I went down to breakfast. . . that is when the worst part of the stay revealed itself. Waffles, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, dry cereal or fruit salad. Take your pick. While I realize many folks are fine With this type of selection, I have to have protein in the morning and no carbs. Therefore I was trapped. I had a business meeting to attend and no time to go anywhere else to eat. I went ahead and had a waffle & a bowl of oatmeal; both of which were just fine, but not what I was hoping for. In short- I had a super 8 experience. I am NOT a "hi faluttin' "guy, but for $150 a nIght with tax I expect more than your average Motel 6 experience. Sorry, cannot recommend this hotel. The Ameritel Ironwood next door beats it hands down.

• Stayed August 2013
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that is was not what you expected. I will certainly be addressing the phone issues with the staff, this is not the way we run our business, and I apologize.
It does sound like you reserved a single queen room for your stay, those are the smallest rooms in the hotel. Next time, we would recommend a king if you prefer to have a larger desk and work space than what is in the singles. We have provided a "cubie" outlet with 3 additional plugs and USB ports. We've done so in order to better accommodate all of the devices we carry with us now.
We do not offer a full hot breakfast, but do have more selections than the La Quinta standard. We do have hard boiled eggs as a protein, and added the oatmeal with toppings in hopes to help there as well.
I do hope you would consider our hotel again in the future.

Lacey, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I never write bad reviews, but our experience here was terrible. We had one night in Coeur d' alene on a long road trip and chose La Quinta due to the pool for the kids. We checked in and left for downtown for dinner. Came back and the kids suited up for the pool excitedly. We find a note on the door saying it's closed for remodel.

We tried to check out and get a refund, but the manager wasn't there and the lady at the front desk couldn't guarentee our money back if we checked out. I couldn't afford to gamble $300 so we were forced to stay. (We were never informed that there was a water park near by we could have gone to instead)

We told the kids we'd get a movie in the room as a consolation, but upon trying to order it we had issues, and called the front desk. We were informed that they were not available for purchase (just a tease I guess) No DVD player we could use either. I had 4 rambunctious boys bouncing off walls.

I spoke with the manager the next day and she insulted me by offering a couple of $5 water park passes. I can't believe I was so nice in declining, we had to get back on the road.

We travel through Coeur d' alene constantly and will never stay at La Quinta again. I will pay a little extra money to stay at the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Check to make sure the pool is open and don't plan on watching a movie.
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank travlers2013
Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to hear that the pool closure was not communicated with you at the time of reservation. We have removed the photos and amenity listing off our website, informed the call center, and do our best to tell each guest over the phone. It is posted at the front desk as well as the alternative option we have set up with the community center in the mean time.
At this time, we do not offer pay per view, but do have movie channels available. All televisions are also "plug n play", so if you have a personal device, you can hook it up to watch a movie that way if you'd like.
Our pool should be open in the very near future, and we'd love to have you back to show you a better stay.
Again, I apologize, and hope you will give our hotel another try.

Moscow, ID
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

stayed here for one night while doing business in the area. Hotel is set back from the main road and so is a little quieter than some, though surroundings are a little run down. Check in was ok, desk clerk was nice. The room was ok, about what is expected in terms of size -- king bed, desk with chair, loveseat, microwave, fridge, in-room coffee. Clean, but the carpet pattern -- brown with light wavey lines crossed by straight lines -- was visually disturbing. If you are prone to migraines, it might trigger an episode, no kidding. Bed was very comfortable. AC kicking on and off is noisy. Internet connection was quick and easy with strong signal. Fitness room substandard -- one treadmill, one recumbent bike, small weight machine.

Negatives: bathtub did not drain well, took more than 1/2 hour for it to drain after a shower. I called the front desk. The desk clerk called the maintenance man, who did not want to come in and told her she could fix it, which she said she did not know how to do, and at 9:00pm, the last thing I want is someone in my room working on balky plumbing. I said never mind, they could fix it after I check out. They should have just offered to move me to another room.
Second negative, the breakfast is not that great. Just 2 cereals, some little muffins, waffle and pancake maker, yogurt. No hot items. Most La Quintas are much better.

Overall, there are other hotel options in the area

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank roam-ID
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the updated carpet choice was not to your liking, it definitely does have life to it! I apologize about the issue with the tub, it sounds like this happened late at night. We do not have a 24 hour maintenance person on duty. He is on call, and likely would have been able to be at the hotel in a timely manner. However, we can understand you not wanting someone dealing with the tub in the middle of the night. We've been full almost every night this summer, so we most likely did not have another room available to relocate you to.
We are a limited service hotel and do not offer a full hot breakfast. As you mentioned, we do offer Belgium waffles, pancakes, as well as oatmeal with optional toppings, bagels, english muffins, muffins, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruits, etc. This is common amongst most La Quinta properties. I do apologize if breakfast did not meet your needs.
I hope you would consider our hotel again in the future if you are in the area.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Alisha Ratts is a wonderful front office manager for the hotel. She goes way out of her way to make your stay extremely comfortable. Alle is the hotel manager and is equally on board.
The whole stay was very enjoyable and the accommodations were really nice. It has no smoking rooms and I never detected any smoke or pet smells. The beds were very comfortable and I slept wonderfully. It is a bit back off the road so not easy to see but I found the pricing to be quite reasonable for what you are getting and they have a complimentary breakfast in the morning.

Ted,
Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We enjoyed having you stay here and visiting with you and your family. We certainly hope that next time you're in the area, you'll stay with us again!

Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This motel is pretty basic. They offer an indoor pool, free in-room internet and free breakfast. The breakfast is not anything spectacular but it is acceptable and included in the cost of the room. Really can't complain too much about that. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The location is AWESOME as it is right off the freeway.

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. We are a limited service hotel, but we do our best to provide excellent customer service. I am glad that was your experience during your time here and we hope to see you again in the future!

Thanks,