“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was large, clean, and comfortable. The room just needed a few minor upgrades. The fridge kept freezing up, the jacuzzi had low jet pressure, and the lighting was a little inadequate for the size of the room. You could call it romantic I guess, but it's nice to have the option of brightness for things like packing and trip planning.
I emphasize these were minor issues though, everything else was great, including the location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us, we really appreciate it. I am glad to hear your overall stay was enjoyable. I will deftinitely have maintenance take a look at the fridges and jets in the suites to ensure they are working properly. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Ali Krupp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We book with La Quinta for an overnight stay to meet up with family and go to Silverwood. I walked in the door to a very new employee (which did fine, she was a trooper). The person training her was something else (almost acting strung out on something). First thing they said is the pool is down, (this wasn't mentioned upon booking which I called them directly.) They did offer me discount even a couple free tickets to some other place. But really?? We had 4 little girls with us and not much time. Then the TV didn't work, reported that about 2 they stated they would take care of it. We got back to the room about 8 still no TV. So we called the front desk who knew nothing about it, luckily with their help over the phone we got the TV working. Then since we had a suite the 4 little ones wanted to sit in the Jacuzzi
and guess what it didn't work either!The next morning...breakfast, canned fruit cocktail, tables were dirty and we had to ask to have things filled since no one (the wacked out gal from our check in) wasn't monitoring anything. Clearly she likes the Male guests.
Would I stay again?? FORGET IT! I spent $300 for two rooms for 1 night.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am truly sorry to hear your recent stay with us what not what you had expected. I will certainly address the manner in which the staff handles themselves. On occassion, things can get a little hectic, but they should know how to better handle these situations. We do our best to inform guests over the phone when reserving, and also send out emails to our guests letting them know of the renovation prior to arrival. We have set up discounts to the community center 1 mile away due to the inconvenience. I am not sure what room you were in, but we have not had any issues with the jacuzzi tubs recently.
Breakfast should have been well stocked and tables at the ready. We provide fresh apples and oranges as well as fruit cocktail, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, hard boiled eggs and more. I apologize if these did not meet your needs.
This is not the norm of our hotel and I would hope that you would consider our hotel in the future so we can show you a better stay next time.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We booked this hotel after staying at Shilo Inn just down the street two weeks earlier. I chose this hotel for it's three star rating over the two star rating at Shilo. I would rate this hotel as a two star as well. The beds are comfortable and room semi clean. The room had a slight odor of smoke. The biggest problem that we had is that the door to the restroom would not shut tight for privacy. Room was ok, but I will look elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Avoid room 110 unless they get the bathroom door repaired.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I will be sure that maintenance checks out that bathroom door as soon as possible. I will also speak with housekeeping regarding the cleanliness/ odor of the room. All our rooms have just had brand new carpet installed, new paint, brand new linens, pillows. I am quite surprised to hear about the odor, but will make sure we address it immediately. I do hope that you would consider our hotel again in the future so we can show you a better stay.

Calgary
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Never never stay at this hotel. I booked a room with 2 queen beds through priceline.com because 2 queen beds are essential for a good night sleep for my family - 2 adults and 2 kids. When we arrived late I was shocked to hear that I can only get a room with 1 bed. I brought the confirmation email with 2 queen beds clearly listed but she didn't even have any attention to look at the email. Clearly she knew that I have booked a room with 2 beds but because I booked through third party website and they oversold the rooms for that night, therefore my booking was kicked downsized to 1 bed room. CARELESS, no apologies (because I paid through priceline.com already).....I ended up stay because late night I didn't think I could find another hotel around......the room is small, smelly, towers are not clean. No apologies and sympothies at all the next day from the manager when I check out. I would never recommend this hotel for anybody else. If a hotel would mess up your booking on purpose what else would you expect?

1 Thank Wei W
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
I have looked into your reservation for you recent stay with us, and do see that the reservation was booked as a single queen non smoking. I do apologize if priceline sent the confirmation as a two queen; occassionally there is error between their system and ours. We work very hard to do our best to ensure all our guests are accommodated and we meet your needs. Due to the special event weekend, we were full, as were most the area hotels. I know that the staff did their best in offering rollaway beds and the like.
We have brand new linens throughout the hotel and have a thorough cleaning process. If you have any issues with linens or your room, please let us know. We want your stay to be as enjoyable as possible, and will do whatever we can to make it right. The front office manager did apologize for the issue and inconvenience at check out. We have no control over what you've paid to priceline, however you were given discount coupons at check out.
Again, we do apologize. We never plan on inconveniencing our guests, and do everything within our power to make it right. We do recommend booking directly through the hotel to ensure you get exactly what you request. I do hope you will give our hotel another try in the future so we can show you a better stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet and the hotel staff was friendly. We had an issue with our bathroom door but it was corrected almost immediately. We found that the food was good. During our stay the pool was being renovated, however we were offered passes to a nearby recreation centre to make up for the lack of amenities. This hotel is a good value for your money.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We do apologize about the bathroom door issue, and are glad that we were able to take care of it in a timely manner. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked this hotel months in advance to stay for our trip to Silverwood because it had good reviews and we have stayed in the past. After a long day at Silverwood we were all very excited to get a shower and to bed. My mother in law decided to start checking the beds for bed bugs after we found a dirty used towel in the bathroom, pet hair and human hair on the nightstand and bedding in the room. We pulled back all the sheet to expose dead bed bugs!!! Yes they were dead but to us it was a concern that there could be live ones inside the mattress and we didn't want to risk it with our two small children. We called the front desk gal to our room and bless her heart she was very sweet and apologized and refunded our money. Due to hoop fest in Spokane there were no other hotels available anywhere close. We ended up having to drive 2 1/2 hour to Missoula and arrived at 1:00 am. Was so disappointing after a long day. I would just be careful and check your beds if you decide to stay here. We probably just got the bad room. I really hope this hotel took the matter seriously and have fixed the problem.

Dear Guest,
I apologize about the issues during your recent visit to our hotel. I can assure you that we have many preventitive practices in place in regards to bed bugs. We treat rooms on a regular schedule as well as train housekeeping to look for any issues while making beds each day. We did look into the room and issues after your stay and did not find any signs of bed bugs. I did see a hair on the night stand, and am unsure about the towels. I do apologize again, this is not the way our hotel is run. Had we not already been full, we certainly would have upgraded you. I hope that you will try our hotel in the future if you are in the area again so we can show you how we run our hotel.

Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I originally booked this motel for 4 nights, but cut my stay to only one night. We ended up moving to the Coeur d'Alene Resort. The main reason was the pool area in La Quinta is shut down and a pool was important for our stay. Having said this, about two days before our arrival, I did get an email from the General Manager, Ali who explained this predicament. This was appreciated.

The night we stayed, we had a comfortable sleep. The beds were very comfortable. La Quinta is what you might expect for a motel just off the interstate. It is plain and a bit dated. There is a certain musty smell that emanates through the building. But, overall it was a good stay. The staff tried to bend over backwards to have us stay, but our minds were set at that point.

There is free wifi, free continental breakfast, ample parking and shopping and dining all very close. It is only 5 minutes from the beaches and downtown areas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you received the email regarding the pool, and apologize about the inconvenience. We have worked as diligently with the city in getting permits, and it is well under way. We look forward to having it available again as soon as possible.
Regarding a musty smell; I am not quite sure what you mean, but will certainly address this and ensure it is remedied. We have undergone quite a few renovations including: new carpet, linens, televisions, tile in rooms, paint, etc. We plan on continuing these and hope that you will return to the hotel in the future. .