not sure where to begin...do not spend your money here!!!! there are many other properties close by....furthermore, i am not picky as i have to travel for my job and do nearly 30 weeks a year!! this is only the 2nd review i have ever written.
well when we checked in we were pleased...however it all ended there. As we were going to our room the floors were disgusting, it appeared as though no one has ever vacuumed the hallways or the steps. We wanted the room with the little kitchenette so that I could cook for my family. Upon entering the room was filthy, there were macaroni noodles on the floor, crusted food on the stove and counter. I had to find a housekeeping cart and clean the areas myself as I was told the hotel was full and we couldnt change rooms.
We asked the front desk for dishes as they come in a nice rubbermaid tub complete with a full set of everything that you need. However, there was no soap or sponge to clean your dishes. Back to the front desk again....we could only borrow soap as they had a limited amount and they had no sponges. Off to KMART to buy a dish sponge. REALLY on vacation!!
Okay, so let's talk about breakfast. We were still a little optimisitc as they offered waffles and we were thinking we could still salvage our family trip. To our dismay this was a let down as well. There were no forks, no waffle mix, pancake machine was empty...i went to the front desk as the breakfast room was packed overcrowded, and the gal was outside smoking!! By the time i went back to the breakfast room there was no milk, no muffins, the only juice was cranberry in the machine. So back to the store to buy breakfast items to cook myself. Cooked breakfast, off to Silverwood great day!! Same chaos in the breakfast room the next day even though i held off my two kids till a a later time hoping for better results, still same chaos and not an employee can be found. There was one nice employee that was expecting and so helpful and smiley.
Then after the second night I decided to have room service come in as we needed some towels etc. Please keep in mind I had been keeping the room clean but still was feeling like I needed a vacation too....I left one pan and three dishes in the sink...they were still there..We had four people in hte room, they left us 2 bath towels for 4 people!!...they did not even bother to replace our styrofoam coffee cups...the table was not wiped off...i had my kids tuck their jammies under their pillows like at home and the room cleaner threw them on the floor and did not replace them under the pillows (back to Safeway to buy laundry detergent to wash my kids jammies) ...nothing was vacuummed even before (do not bring infants here!! the floors would not be suitable to have a baby on)...the toilet paper was not replenished and it took nearly 30 minutes to try to find someone to get toilet paper!!
I tried to talk to the gal at the front desk, and i did not feel very satisfied that she understood my frustration. She said that she would have a manager email me. However I know that the weekend has passed but I still have no email from a manager. In addition, in the breakfast room nearly all of the other hotel guests were just as appalled at the property and hte rates that we all were paying. One gentlemen stated he wouls have been better off at Motel 6.
I can say the beds were nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene hotel is your first choice when looking for accommodations while traveling for business or leisure. Quality Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene Appleway hotel is located just minutes from Coeur d'Alene lake and boardwalk, downtown boutiques, art galleries and many fine restaurants. Kootenai Medical Center is only two blocks away, as well as other medical offices. You will find several public golf courses all within minutes of Quatlity Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene hotel. Silverwood Theme Park, the largest theme park in the northwest, is a twenty minute drive. Each winter, the city of Coeur d'Alene hosts one of the region's largest Holiday Light Shows as well as the Ironman Triathlon held each spring. North Idaho College and satellite campuses for The University of Idaho and Idaho Lewis-Clark State College are within close proximity to our hotel. Guests will enjoy our Free Bright Side BreakfastTM featuring fresh waffles each morning, 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, laundry facilities and a business center. The Quality Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene Appleway is a pet friendly hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Coeur d`Alene Appleway Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- La Quinta Coeur D'alene
- Coeur D'alene La Quinta
- Quality Inn & Suites Idaho