“nice new hampton inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed December 5, 2010

if you have been to a hampton inn this is the same thing except almost brand new so everything is spotless and as usual customer service is great, breakfast good, pool nice. If you havent been to a hampton inn this is not a place to see unique local character, it is very much a chain hotel. That being said it is my favorite chain nice rooms, good with families, great quality and good price. This particular hotel is in a new development on the edge of coeur d alene, only a couple minutes drive from downtown. We went on the couer dalene christmas cruise with several young children and had a great time. There are a variety of restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. A nice looking park with a pond and walking trail around it across the street, too cold in december to enjoy this but a nice view (despite the big dirt pile of the not finished development behind it). I am sure in a year or two the area will feel much more finished.
If we come to coeur d alene again I am sure we will stay here.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank mommysunshine

Reviewed November 20, 2010

Outstanding - just outstanding. The hotel is located in an area of shops and housing off the highway, but not inconveniently so. Across the street is Starbucks and in the other direction a very nice Spa. There are several other restaurants (Red Robin for one) and shops within walking distance.
The hotel itself is new/newer and large, with 124 rooms. The parking lot was well lit and there was a mat like drain just outside the door that is ideal for ice and snow.
The lobby is huge and very nicely decorated - nice light to medium wood with tasteful accents. There is a very nice pool - larger than most hotel pools, a guest laundry and a magnificent workout room - not the usual tiny cramped space.
I was greeted within moments of my arrival and very professionally checked in to my room. I was given the internet code without having to ask - one of the little things that impresses me about a hotel. I had requested a quiet room and they delivered with a lovely, flawlessly clean, nicely decorated huge room. There was a counter to the right with microwave and mini size fridge, coffee maker and cups. Across from that was a closet door - complete with luggage rack and lots of space. The bathroom had a large counter, and the tub/shower was very clean. The area was small, but functional and well lit.
The room itself could have used a bit more light, but the bed was very comfy and there was a also a desk, two chairs, a hassock at the end of the bed and a dresser that doubled as the flat screen stand.
The drapes kept out all of the light and I was able to get a good nights sleep. The room itself was very quiet and the heat worked well.
I had a question in the morning as I was checking out and it was handled very graciously and professionally. Breakfast was plentiful with an egg/sausage/cheese on a bread base - not sure what to call that, but it was hot and good. Several kinds of coffee and tea with flavored creamers available. Waffles, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, bread, bagels and pastries. The breakfast area was spotless and was being well maintained.
Overall, I was delighted with my stay and will be returning again.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeanie W
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Our stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites was fabulous. We have small children and they were very kind. Our room was beautiful - we were there over July 4th and actually watched the fireworks over Lake Coeur d' Alene from our hotel window! It was quiet and exremely clean. The beds were comfortable and we had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank redheadmama4
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I stay at Hilton properties regularly and this one is clearly one of the best I've experienced. This is a beautiful facility with an outstanding staff. We were warmly received, quickly checked in, and found our accommodations to be even better than we expected. We were given a recommendation for a dinner place where we had a fantastic meal. The fitness center is roomy and has plenty of new equipment in great working order. You will not go wrong by selecting this property when you are in Coeur D'Alene!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Our room was huge and very tastefully decorated. Although budget-priced we felt as if we were in a Ritz Carlton. Staff was very professional and friendly. Only drawback is that the hotel faces the river not the lake, but it is across the street from a great shopping area in a very upscale part of Coeur d'Alene.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank susanbeach11
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I generally like the Hampton Inns, and I have lived at several of them. This is altough the best one. The rooms has a high standard, a good looking lobby and a great breakfast. I will recommend this for everyone considering a trip to the Spokane / Coeur d'Alene area. I have used this hotel on all my trips there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sk1519
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Staff was attentive and helpful. Good breakfast with something for everyone. Rooms are large and a good value if sharing with another person. Location offers walking distance to good food and great shopping. Walking, running and bike trail right next to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business