“Pristene Setting”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Richmond, United States
“Pristene Setting”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Beautiful area, excellent accommodations. Enjoy the walking path right outside the hotel which meanders around the lake and the lake views. CAD Lake Recreational area is less than 5 minutes away for sailing, boating, water-skiing and great summer fun.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2014

2nd night of our fly-drive and what a great hotel and city.
Check in was very friendly and we were given a very nice studio suite with balcony.
After a rest we went down to reception and asked for suggestions about visiting downtown and eating. We were supplied with a map and various restaurants were marked up for us. Randy then took us outside and pointed out the riverside footpath to the lake.
Many thanks to Randy for going out of his way to be the perfect host!
After a very nice evening down by the lake we slept really well.
Complimentary breakfast was much appreciated as was the free wi-fi and parking.
As our title says this is a gem of a hotel and we would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
Reviewed July 22, 2014

All I wanted from this hotel was a good nights sleep, no distractions, cleanliness, and access to the Ironman venue. I have to admit I go into chain hotels expecting to be underwhelmed. This trip was exceptional. The venue was packed. Every room booked for multiple nights in a row. Typically, for a small town location like this, that's a recipe for disaster. Instead, I found high end, boutique-style attention to detail everywhere I turned. Front desk was welcoming, helpful, and upbeat about the full house weekend. The breakfast servers were ready for our crazy sometimes obsessive Ironman eating habits. (I watched them replenish the bananas 3 times while I ate one morning!) Housekeeping did a phenomenal job considering that Ironman people travel with more accessories than a Kardashian. The path by the river became a nice solitary place to get a last run/ride in to keep the legs warm. The proximity to some nice restaurant choices and a newer movie theater provided some welcome diversions. These people collectively stuck the landing on what I'm sure was one of their busiest if not THE busiest weekend of the year. If that's a reflection of the rest of the year, I'd stay with them anytime. The 4/5 is only due to being a little far from town. They even remedied this by adding a shuttle race morning!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 19, 2014

With the EXTREMELY early check in, very spacious accommodations, help ensuring our bikes were safe, exceptional cleanliness, and late check out- this hotel and staff made sure my satisfaction was guaranteed and did it with a welcoming smile! Our room had a balcony with patio chairs over looking the river. There was a wonderful bike/walking path right next to the hotel which allowed some exercise or a leisurely stroll at night. There are several good restaurants, coffee shops, and even a movie theater with in short walking distance. I can be extremely picky at times but I did not have a single complaint about our stay here. Which is rare. I thought I would regret not staying at the Coeur D'Alene Resort but when I booked my stay I was tired of staying at hotels living on old glory but offering substandard rooms at a premium price (this road trip was three weeks long with a few disappointing pricy stays). The ONLY reason I can think of staying down town at CDA and suffering the price inflation plus the older rooms would be to park the car at the hotel and walk all weekend. This is usually the type of convience that I love. Parking at the beach and Mceuen park were a bit of a hassle until I figured it all out. If you want to go to Mceuen Park, to enjoy the brand new splash pad and playground, just park at the courthouse free parking lot. There are no time restrictions. Drive along river road beginning at the college to find beach side parking or the paid parking lots close to the beach and wooden fort park cost only $1 an hour. Not bad. FYI- I am not a boater but I over heard several people commenting how easy it was to put in at the dock close to this hotel rather than the longer wait times at the downtown boat launch.

Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have business in CDA several times a year and always stay at the Hampton. I like Hampton's wherever I travel and this hotel is one of the nicest that I have visited. It is laid out like every other Hampton, with a few unique touches in the common area. Everything is well maintained and all the people are very friendly and helpful. It is just off the river and the views are quite nice, particularly from the fifth floor rooms with balconies. Even in peak summer season, things went smoothly all during our stay. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is well kept and the staff are helpful. It is in a new development area but very close to tourist attractions such as downtown Coeur D Alene and Silverwood. Amusement Park. The only negative I have is the amount of Hilton Points needed to stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Teresa B
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hayden and while that was nice, this is much nicer. Maybe we felt the contrast even more after staying at a lodge in Glacier. ;-) The location is not very attractive (business park area), but is close to Red Robin and a theater. We were mostly passing through on the way home and wanted someplace close to I-90 so we didn't plan on hanging out.

Lots of options for breakfast like I'm used to with Hampton Inns (including 2 waffle machines). Lots of plugs for electronics which are very welcome (also missing at lodges in Glacier).

Only complaint is that the hot tub was not really working and was not hot. I think they were working on that though so just a temporary problem. My son had a great time playing in the pool.