“Older but Very Clean and Quiet”
Review of Japan House Suites

Japan House Suites
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This Hotel was out of town a couple of miles but it was 400 yards from I-90 and a half mile from the Resort Golf Course which made it very handy for me. Mimi made breakfast to order every morning. I would stay there again..

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rexs1212

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I spent 5 nights here to participate in the Ironman and was very satisfied with both the room and location. The staff were wonderful and made me feel like a member of the family. Breakfast was individually cooked to order and delicious. I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank timwells_00
Reviewed May 12, 2014

thank god I only booked one night. do not let the pictures of the bed fool you, this place was extremely noisy, in a bad area of cda, and I did not feel safe there at all, we had gone out for a night on the town and when we got back every light on the place was turned off, it was really dark and had to use my phone to get key into door, and I mean literally a key, it wasn't a secure key card, and the night man only would allow me to have one of the keys to the room, strike one, not cool that the front desk has the other key, strike 2 it was cold and the damn heater didn't work, strike 3 there wasn't even a blanket on the bed to keep us warm, thank god I brought my own, and as for the breakfast they supposedly cook to order, ya if you want to be in the restaurant at 7 am, no thanks, this is what I get for being cheap I guess, and the coffee cups were dirty, and if you plan on paying in cash bring a cash deposit as well. and the night clerk was just to touchy for me, please don't keep patting my arm when talking to me, if I didn't have to give it any stars I wouldn't.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank ernieschef
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Very good value for the money. Kim is very nice and welcoming. The room was extremely clean and comfortable with a California King bed that was very nicely dressed. The motel was also very quiet and seemed safe.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yanni G
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We love this place. Mimi and Kim are very helpful and accomodating, plus room is clean, bed is comfortable, good WIFI, and nice TV channels. A warm customize breakfast is great. Price is really favorable.
We will be back in this motel.

Edgar

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Eddie66_12
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Clean, comfortable, modest. Free Wifi. Free breakfast. Free parking. No laundry or ironing facilities. Close to I-90 and 5 minutes from downtown. Good overnight stay. Cozy family atmosphere. (No dogs) Good choice for our short stay, good value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited the Japan House as a stopover and were pleased with our choice. The motel is very nice, a few blocks from the center of town, has clean comfortbale beds, and the staff is extremely friendly and accomodating. And the price was favorable.

Down side is that there is no elevator to the second floor, which isn't much of a problem unless you're elderly and carrying heavy bags. The rooms are a bit plain in appearance. Vehicle traffic is noticeable. The section of town doesn't look very nice.

A very good breakfast is provided, but must be ordered from a menu and scheduled the night before. This is a minor inconvenience since everything we ate was delicious, but specifying a time made us commit to a schedule when we had intended to have a free morning.

Room Tip: The second floor is a better choice because of the possibility of noise from street traffic and othe...