“Great extended stay”

FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We had a lovely stay at this property for 2 weeks. When we left, other family members took our room for a few more days. The few requests we made were promptly dealt with. The self-serve breakfast was good, and everything was at peak freshness. Staff were friendly and attentive; room was clean and spacious. The recliner in our room was very welcome at the end of our hard days! The bed was extremely comfortable!! Even tho our room was in the basement, and there had been water issues a few months earlier from a broken pipe, the room was dry and absolutely no traces of mildew. We were on the petrol station side, but there were no noise or smell issues. Convenient to all the places we needed to be, handy shopping. Fast food and moderate priced restaurants in easy walking distance.

Room Tip: There are no handicapped access rooms, but the basement level is only 6 steps down if that's a p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Let me start out by saying, I AM NOT A HOTEL SNOB. I travel for our own interests about once a month. My husband and I are in animal rescue. We generally ALWAYS stay at animal friendly hotels, if, for no other reason, than to support those hotels that allow animals. We went to Couer d alaine for a one night stay over to collect some euth list little dogs off of a transport van coming from Southern California. We made reservations at this hotel. When we arrived the lobby floor had been completely stripped off. I understand that renovations must be made at some point. no biggie. both of my eyes began to run, and cry real dripping tears. there are 3 two seater tables in the lobby to eat the breakfast off of. we were checked in and went to our room. On the way to our room, a part of the trim had been removed half way up the wall but all the rest of the chair rail trim was there. THE CARPET WAS COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY FILTHY with wear, new dirt, old dirt, and GARBAGE.....ALLOT OF GARBAGE..... I started to freak alittle inside my head, but kept going. We had to specifically sign a pet release, saying we would be charged for any damage done to the room during our stay, as well as pay exptra for the pet fee. so we signed it. the carpet was STAINED, the furniture was BROKEN, head board was broken, lamp paint was coming off, the desk had a rainbow of old urine dried and dripping down it. the tile flooring in the bathroom was broken in two places. the entertainment center had a big melted cigarette burn right in the front of it in a non smoking room. the sink vanity was literally TAPED together with blue duct tape, that had curled edges and that had clearly been there for some time. my eyes were still running, dripping tears. The worst part of it, the door which you pretty much HAD to touch had NEVER EVER BEEN CLEANED IN MAYBE 15 YEARS. IT HAD DARK BLACK grunge THICKLY STUCK TO IT. We quickly decided we needed the front desk person to see our room so that we wouldn't be responsible for any of this damage. Our sweet, very very nice, professional front desk young lady named Nicole acted as well as any hostess at any priced hotel I'd ever stayed at. She did her job well. She is a big asset to your company. She moved us to a different, cleaner room. The second floor of your hotel is noticeably cleaner than the basement. Why would you think pet owners are all filthy disgusting slobs and never bother to even vacuum the carpet OR PICK UP THE GARBAGE on the floor in the lower level??? the upper level was still old. but it had been updated awhile back. the door was CLEAN! the floor wasn't broken, the sink wasn't broken. we found it funny that there was a security device in the upper level window, far above where anyone could reach, but the lower level, anyone could get through the window and no security device. The breakfast was quite lower level of continental, but mcdonalds could have been an option. Look, if you are FLAT OUT DESTITUTE, then this place is better than being homeless. but other than that, go somewhere else..... honestly. The morning front desk person was pleasant as well. there was basically no one staying there that night, they could have saved us the gross out session of even putting us in that nasty room! Also, the first TWO sets of keys did not work in our room, then the night gal had to come let us in. then on the THIRD set of keys, even the third set wouldn't let us in through the outside door. ugh.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank traveltowin
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here on the way to Yellowstone. It was perfect. Good value. Clean room with fridge/microwave. Close to shopping and restaurants. 5 minutes from downtown. Adequate breakfast included to start your day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Happy to hear that we could accommodate you on your trip to Yellowstone. We hope you come to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

After reading some reviews before coming here I was somewhat skeptical. I am writing this review even before I have completed my stay, because I am impressed. The place is older than a lot, but it is definitely well maintained, and they seem to be dedicated to keeping the place and their reputation good. First impressions: I was greeted pleasantly and professionally. The "lobby is pretty much the same size as our room, but it is functional and serves the purpose. It looks like the Continental Breakfast area shares the same place as reception, so it will probably be pick up a coffee and a roll and back to the room in the morning. The room itself is plenty large enough for two queen beds with adequate furnishings. There's a small refrig. and microwave, and they were thoughtful enough to put in a six connection power strip to handle your electronics and chargers.
I did not say the place was perfect - no place ever is. Our room is on the second floor and at the far end of the hall. There is no elevator, just a short seven step stairway up from the lobby or from the back of the building. I really didn't check the layout of the rooms before lugging my bags through the lobby and all the way down the hall. Smarter and wiser - I parked my car at the back end of the building.
Booked with Hotels.com. Good value.

Room Tip: See my review. Check the floor plan. Try to get a room closest to the back of the building you wil...
1  Thank Pastrebob

Thank you for your time in writing a review and giving us your honest opinion. This is how we better ourselves as a company. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Me and my boyfriend were just doing a night out at the Coeur d'Alene casino and a day to shop in downtown Coeur d'Alene and we chose to stay at the guesthouse. The staff was very helpful and accommodating, always having a smile on! They helped us find out the best things to do around town which was very appreciated. The rooms were very clean and had everything you needed. I'd definitely stay their again for my trips to Coeur d'Alene!

1  Thank Jenny D
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time in writing a response. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and cant wait to have you stay with us again. Our staff prides themselves on doing the best they can in having wonderful customer service and the respect people deserve. see you next time and have a great day.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

this hotel has a rundown look and the manager was rude. the only good thing i have to say about the whole place was that one of the houskeepers had a great attitude even as i was asking her to do so much extra work to get the room acceptable. the only way i would go back is if i knew for sure that that same headhouse keeper was the one who cleaned my room.

Room Tip: make sure you ask who cleaned your room and make sure that it was the head housekeeper she is a very...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Average room, average amenities, pleasant staff, average bkfst, pet friendly at a cost but no good area for walking dogs, etc. Felt was very overpriced for amenities and room, probably would not stay again unless everything else in town was fully booked.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen I

First off we would like to Thank you for you and your pet coming to stay with us. We do have a doggie walking area in the back of our hotel that has seems to work well for our other treasured pets. We are sorry if you had missed it during your stay. There is also a handful of doggie parks around town that I know your pet would love. Please let any one of the front desk agents know about any of your concerns and we will more than happy to assist you in any way we can as well as direct you to the nearest doggie park. Hopefully your next stay would be a better one. Thanks again for your review and have a great day.