“No, No, No!!!”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Zillah, Washington
“No, No, No!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

At about 10pm after a day at Silverwood.... It all started at check-in with no one at the front desk when the phone started to ring and from out of no where a front desk clerk shows up. She answers the phone and proceeds to take a reservation instead of checking us in. A second employee shows up and can't check us in because there is only one computer at the check-in desk and the customer on the phone has many questions and a couple rooms to reserve, we wait in the smoke filled lobby worrying that our room will smell the same... We finally check-in and thankfully it didn't smell.. But wait... Hair in the bed, a soda bottle on the window sill, dirty carpet, stains on the sheets, asked for more pillows and was told maybe I can find a couple, and in the morning finding a large hairball folded in the towel we almost used.
Found a note from the cleaning person from the day before asking how she did and instead of writing her a note we went to look for her and found a person who wanted to take the towel with the hairball to the housekeeper supervisor, we heard nothing after talking to her.
On a bright note, the beds were comfortable... But we took the comforters off ...
My thought would be to pay the $50 more a night and stay elsewhere or drive to Post Falls or Spokane Valley.

Room Tip: My thought would be to pay the $50 more a night and stay elsewhere or drive to Post Falls or Spokane...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Zbillies
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Oh dear, it looks like we dropped the ball and need additional training. We have a system set up to where the head housekeeper or manager is supppose to check every room every day before renting it. We will go back through our records to see who inspected your room and make sure that every room is inspected.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Gold River, California, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I'm sitting here in a motel room somewhere in Montana. I have a dress on that was in my suit case two days ago while staying in the Guesthouse International Inn in Coeur d'Alene. It still smells like a smoker wore it!. The Lower floor is awful. No ventalization and smokers are allowed to smoke in their rooms. The Guesthouse advertises free WiFi...but you can't access it in the lower rooms. I had to the. lobby to go online. When I asked the staff why, the answer was "wow, I don't know why you can't get WiFi in you room". "Don't know what to tell you". Breakfast was a crowded mess with terrible waffles. Still don't know how you can ruin a waffle. The staff was so busy visiting among themselves, anyone off the street could have helped themselves to breakfast, but why would they.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a smoker's room even if it's cheaper!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelley S

Travelers are raving about these Coeur d'Alene hotels

Pocahontas, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This motel has the best customer service I have ever experienced. Everyone treated us like family friends. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Anything we needed was given to us. I would definetly stay here again. Very reasonable rates even in the summertime rush. Loved the fresh handmade waffles. I had them every morning 10 days in a row.

Room Tip: Please book early if you go to a tourist destination in the summer. This helps out emensly.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Clean with a very friendly helpful staff. They accepted our "room saver" coupon which saved us at least $30 from all the other advertized prices found on most websites.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 9, 2012

we had a dog and needed a pet hotel. The room smelled like smoke, the bed was unmade and it looked filthy. The staff were amenable to allow us to cancel our reservation. It is on two busy highways and next to a gas station.

1 Thank westnp1
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Generally I'm not too picky when I stay at a hotel that are deemed "good enough for what you pay" however this was not that. When we arrived the lobby smelled like it had been doused in cleanser with an underlying smell of whatever was recently cleaned up. The woman at the desk was nice enough but said about 3 words to us altogether. When we got up to our room we opened the door to a waft of damp/mildew/old cigarette smell (in a "non smoking" room). The room itself was average enough at first glance, but upon closer inspection it wasn't dirty so much as someone hasn't given a crap in a while. The smell stuck around so we opened the window (no screen) and febreezed the room in the hope that the smell would disperse (it didn't, but i guess that's what olfactory fatigue is for). Once it was time for bed we discovered our blanket had a cigarette burn on it and that our bed had a dip in the middle so if you were trying to sleep on either side you ended up rolling into the middle throughout the night. Overall my boyfriend and I were just looking for a bed for the night at the end of a long road trip and we barely even got that. I would recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MotherFeatherlegs
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. Great value. It had everything I needed. The staff treated me like family and welcomed my dog. I will be back! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
CinthiaR, Director of Sales at FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Hello and Thank you for taking the time to write this for us. I am very please you ejoyed your stay and hope you will return soon. Our staff works very hard to make sure everyone feel at home and it sounds like that did just that with you. ALL of our hotels are Pet Friendly and always will be. As a pet owner myself I know how nice it is when they are not only welcomes but are treated like a part of the family as well ") thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again soon.