“Great flavors in pan-Asian cuisine”
Review of Bonsai Bistro - CLOSED

Bonsai Bistro
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bonsai Bistro is located across the street from the Resort is an upscale Pan-Asian restaurant with a world class sushi bar. Great lake views to include front row seating to events on the lake. Separate lower dining room with a 4000 gallon koi and turtle pond. Water features flow through an outdoor garden during summer months.
Houston, Texas
“Great flavors in pan-Asian cuisine”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The cantilevered windows with a mind boggling view of the lake alone would make it easy to excuse any food that wasn't fabulous but clearly the chef has decided to try to match the beauty of nature by enhancing the beauty of fresh food and great flavor combinations. The huckleberry lemonade is homemade and delicious! The slightly spicy edamame is delectable- save the leftover sauce and put it on the wild rice for added punch. The crab bisque is creamy, smooth, and the coconut in the soup is subtle but excellent! The shrimp is listed as 5 flames in spicy but I found it more like a 3- but then, it takes a lot for me to think something is 5 flame spicy . Regardless the shrimp was just crispy (I got the gluten free version) enough to be crunch outside but sweet and tender inside in a fabulous aioli sauce. I asked for the recipes for the edamame sauce and the aioli but unfortunately, never got them. Sigh. I'll have to go back- which is no problem since Coeur d'Alene is a beautiful area and I want to spend more time there.

• Visited March 2014

Missoula
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Enjoyed lunch here with friends on our way through town. Excellent selection of sushi which we ordered family style and shared.....very good! The won ton soup was delicious. Service was good and prices were reasonable. Would definitely return!

• Visited March 2014
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Great food, drinks and service”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Owned locally this restaurant is very similar to P.F. Changs. Fresh non greasy or saucy the food is excellent. Mai Tais are fantastic and huge. Lovely setting and beautiful stream of goldfish downstairs.

Visited November 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Service horrible ”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Repeatedly had to ask for drink refills. One person in our party ordered sushi and it came out after everyone else was done eating. No apologies.

“Egg Foo Young Fantastic!!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I am not a fan of Oriental foods so I always have avoided the Bonsai in spite of it's appealing architecture. I reluctantly went when good friends invited my wife and me.
SURPRISE!!
An absolutely engaging interior decor complete with a live stream stocked with fish made an instant good impression. The greeting was warm, the table by the stream was perfect, and the wait persons were exceptional.
But we came to eat.
The menu was extensive and even I found several item I like. But at the bottom of the menu it stated that "If you don't see it on the menu, ask and we can probably make it for you".
"EGG FOO YOUNG, please".
Never, anywhere have I had better egg foo young. They served a large platter intended for two; I ate the whole thing and relished every bite.
Driving home in sub-zero weather did not dampen my warm good feelings toward the Bonsai. All In our party concurred; it was a great evening with A++ food.
This place deserves a rating above EXCEPTIONAL.