“what a great stop...”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Midwest
“what a great stop...”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I took my wife on a cross country road trip...in my work I travel all the time...and I was careful to select what I hoped would be great spots to stay at prices we could justify...this property did NOT disappoint...balcony, flatscreen, great internet connection, roomy accomodations and convenient in-house full breakfast...a great place to stop...don't hesitate!...and we loved the all out blitz of halloween decorations by the staff there...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
CDAHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
We do love us some HALLOWEEN! ;) Thanks for the review. It is guests like you that keep us going strong. I am glad you selected us on your cross country trip and we hope to see you again if you take another one next year.

Mike O'Brien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Woodstock, GA
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This was one of the nicest, cleanest hotels where we have ever stayed. The staff was one of the friendliest, the room was big and comfortable, the food was great and the fitness center and business center were awesome. Dodger, the hotel dog was a big hit with kids and adults. A special salute goes out to Erin who cleaned our room and Heather who was responsible for the breakfast area. Erin even left us with personal notes each day after cleaning the room. Heather made sure that the breakfast food was prepared appropriately and there was plenty of it. The front desk staff was also very accommodating. I will definitely stay at this facility again when I travel to Coeur d'Alene.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Another great review. Thank you for your kind words. Erin and Heather are two of our top superstars here at the Express. And of course there is Dodger. This hotel wouldn't be the same with out him. He brings joy to so many travelers and the staff. We all hope to see you again soon.

Graniteville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Loved, loved, loved this hotel! Looks brand new, great staff, very comfy bed. Great location right off the interstate but also right in front of the water. My room stayed very quiet. Complimentary breakfast buffet and complimentary dinner! They even decorated for Halloween while I was there - went all out - great spirit in these people. :) Beautiful lobby and rooms. I had a king suite with a living area, small kitchenette, two tvs, and a beautiful view. Definitely will always stay here when in Coeur D'Alene.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank sarah711
And we Loved Loved Loved having you as our guest. We never will tire from providing the best service and ammenities for our guests. I thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm glad you enjoyed our decorations. We love Halloween. I don't know if you could tell. ;) See you again in the near future.

Atlanta
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I travel extensively for business and I must say from expereince that this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at for some time.

The rooms are clean and neat and well appointed. More impotantly was the friendly and well meaning staff. From the time I walked into the Hotel and each time i may have passed through the Lobby, I was given a very nice greeting and asked how my stay was going so far (in a well meaning and sincere way).

This being close to Halloween, the Hotel is decorated for the occassion tastefully and fun with creepy little subtle distractions that catch your attention out of the corner of your eye. Very Fun!!!!

The morning breakfast is nice (the salsa is sooo good). The evening meal finds many guest enjoying a well rounded light meal.

I will stay here again should I find myself back in beautiful Coeur d'Alene and I will recommend this to my fellow travelling colleagues as a "must-stay" hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
I think Halloween is our favorite holiday to decorate for. Although the hotel looks great in December as well. Thank you for your review, I am glad you were pleased with your stay and we look forward to having you and your colleagues with us in the near future. Happy Holidays!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We were travelling through Idahoe on our way back to Vancouver and decided to stay here at the Holiday Inne. We were so lucky when we arrived in that we were upgraded to the King Suite. What a great room, lovely and clean and huge. It was great to be spoilt like that. The staff at the motel were awesome also. Very friendly and helpful. My husband got to play golf at the local course for an absolute bargain price... we were referred to this course by Jennifer, who also upgraded our room.. Breakfast was great too. I would definately recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
We are the lucky ones who were able to have you as a guest. I am thrilled that you had a great time at our hotel and your husband got to golf and one of many great courses here in Coeur d'Alene. Please look us up the next time you are through this area. Until then...

Vernon B.C.
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Coeur d' Alene several times in the last few years. We have stayed at hotels all over the U.S and in several other countries. This is the only hotel that we have ever stayed in that makes you feel like they really care about you. It's a place that always makes you feel at home. It is always clean, it has safe parking. It has everything we look for in a hotel. The most important part of this hotel is Mike and his staff. They always make you feel at home, are always super friendly, everyone greats you as a friend no matter what their job is. We have driven over a hundred miles out of our way on different trips just to stay at this hotel. We thought it couldn't get any better than Mike and the staff, then along came Dodger the hotel dog. We walked him, went shopping for a pillow and treats for him in a rain storm. Next time you pick a hotel in this area, stay with friends, Mike , Dodger and the rest of the family.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wow! It is because of guests like you and reviews like this that make my job so rewarding. My staff, including Dodger, really love hearing validating remarks like this. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments to the world. PS. Dodger sleeps with his Pillow Pet everyday. It is very cute!
See you again soon.

Silverdale, Washington
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This place Rocks!!! Everything is clean, Breakfast was Great! But the best thing about this Holiday Inn Is the Staff!!! Very friendly, always willing to help.
What impressed me the most was one gal named Julie from hosekepping. My son had gotten the flu and absolutely made a mess she not only changed all the sheets the towels, but also disinfected the entire room, and left a little note telling us what she had done and expressing her concern that she didn't want us sick again!!
Where do you receive service like this? Absolutely awesome!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
I have shared your review with our entire staff and gave special recognition to Julie. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel and staff. We take pride in our hotel and strive to Impress every one of our guests. I am pleased you were able to experience some of that. We hope to see you again in the future.