This was booked as an overnight stop and when we checked in we were told we had been upgraded to a larger room (not that we needed a larger room there being only two of us). The room had the usual two huge beds and a generous en-suite plus a sitting area in-between. This meant the sitting area was dark and not very inviting. There was a fridge, microwave and the usual facilities - all ok and clean.
We left the hotel and drove into Coeur D'Alene for a wander around and to eat dinner, returning early evening.
We decided to sit outside on the terrace in the evening sun with a coffee (no bar or restaurant at this hotel). We had only been sat down for 10mins or so when the terrace was overun by hundreds of noisy teenagers eating pizzas provided by their guardians. We left to try and find somewhere quiet to relax but it was impossible. Everywhere was overun by noisy teenagers. They were running along the corridors, in the dining room, lobby, pool - everywhere. We were told that there was a music festival on in town and the hotel had booked 70% of its rooms to the teenagers and guardians.
I asked to be moved to a quieter part of the hotel but was told that there wasn't a quieter part of the hotel and the teenagers were spread around the hotel - why? Why couldn't they be booked in a block together or other guests to occupy, say only the top floor. We retired to our room at about 9pm thinking it might be quiet - not so.
Outside our room was an ice machine, a soda machine and a snack machine resulting dozens or noisy teenagers congregating outside all the time.
To be fair to the hotel they did say that there was a curfew at 10pm when all teenagers must be in their rooms and quiet and we were relieved that this was adhered to after a reminder by a guardian.
We decided that an early start for breakfast would probably beat the huge queues to the coffee and snack food areas we had seen the night before, again - not so. At 6:30am there were hundreds of teenagers in the dining room, no tables free even if you could have got some food. It was an hour before we could get a table, which we had to clear ourselves to be able to use it.
The breakfast was basic but filled a corner.
I have to stress that the teenagers had to stay somewhere and they were only doing what teenagers do - this was a management failure to recognise that there was a problem to its other guests. We were not the only guests to have a problem.
On checking out we complained to the reception that if they had told our travel agent that 70% of the hotel was booked by teenagers we would probably have booked elsewhere. To us this was a failure of the management and we will seriously consider wether to book cheaper hotels in future that we consider might be frequented by people looking for a basic overnight accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fall in love with Coeur d'Alene this season at the Holiday Inn Express Coeur d'Alene. This new award-winning Coeur d'Alene hotel will meet and exceed your every expectation! Located close to beautiful Lake Coeur d Alene and just minutes from Silverwood Theme Park, Kootenai Medical Center, North Idaho College, University of Idaho, and Lewis and Clark State College, this hotel is a perfect location for both business and pleasure! This Coeur d'Alene hotel is complete with 101 non-smoking guestrooms, including 36 over-sized suites with parlor area and wet bar. Suites include 2 flat panel screen HDTV's. All rooms contain a microwave and refrigerator. 6 deluxe suites have a double-sided fireplace, two person jetted tub, and two flat panel HD TVs. The indoor pool and spa area is ready for your enjoyment, decorated with whimsical sea creatures. Bored at the end of a long day? Relax next to our custom built outdoor fire pit. We also provide a guest laundry facility, boardroom, and fully equipped business center. Our Coeur d'Alene hotel offers easy freeway access and close proximity to shopping, restaurants, and tons of entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Coeur d`Alene
- Holiday Inn Coeur D'alene
- Coeur D'alene Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene Idaho