“They made me feel important!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“They made me feel important!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Wow, I can't say enough things about this place. The rooms were extremely comfortable, breakfast and free dinners were excellent, but the staff is what made this such a wonderful place to stay.
We traveled there for my father's 90th birthday, who lives down the street. On the morning of his birthday I brought him for the breakfast, and the staff came out with balloons and a cinnamon roll with a candle, way beyond the call of duty, and he wasn't even a guest there.

Judy at the front desk found for us a fishing guide and charter boat to take him fishing on their beautiful lake.
And Laura in Housekeeping made my brand new blouse spot free after I spilled coffee on it.
Lovely fire pit area for relaxing, and sparkling pool.

Everyone who works there is very warm and professional, so glad we chose this place to stay!

Room Tip: Forget everyone else, this is the place!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan g
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Susan G, Thank you so much for the great review. I am so happy we were able to make you feel special and your father as well. I truly have the best staff in Coeur d' Alene and we pride ourselves on exceeding our guests expectations. We are honored that you chose our hotel for such a special trip. We hope you will be able to return to the area soon. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Meridian, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We Have stayed in many HI Express locations, and this property is at the top of the list for the chain. Front desk customer service was first rate as were all the staff that we had interaction with. The location adjacent to I-90, makes access very convenient. Ideally located near downtown makes this a great place to stay. Very clean, nice linens and comfy beds, couldn't ask for much more. After a long days ride in the jitney, this is a great place to stay in Coeur d'Alene.

Room Tip: As always we prefer the top floor because of noise. We were on the back side and didn't notice...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BIGCOHO
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Bigcoho,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your terrific experience. A great night's sleep in our Stay Smart linens and a great morning with our Express Start hot breakfast is the perfect combination and we are proud to add stellar service on top of that! Thanks again and we look forward to your next great stay with us.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We've stayed at several Holiday Inn Express locations, though this one was by far our favorite. With a huge fire-pit ringed with adirondack chairs out back, to an oversized patio off the breakfast room that joins with the pool deck - this place was very well designed.

All the 1st floor rooms are accessible from the outside, while the 2-4th floors had large hallways. We were on the 2nd floor, across from the laundry room and heard little noise.

On the down-side, we went down for breakfast as it opened at 7am, and found that it wasn't ready yet. Muffins, and cold items were out, but we waited for 10-15 minutes for the eggs/pancakes/etc. When the eggs did come out, they were definitely the reconstituted kind, and had a very strong metallic/rancid taste - unfortunately we threw ours out and had to stop along the road to get a decent breakfast.

Check-in/out was swift, and the hotel offered a concierge service which was nice.

Overall a decent stay.

Room Tip: Room 210 is across the hallway from the Laundry room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
AshleyGries,
Thank you for your fabulous description of our building. From our check in, to our friendly & knowledgeable staff, to the range of room features such as outside access doors to large suites with jetted tubs, it is our design to fulfill a mission to 'Impress Guests'. I apologize that our breakfast did not match your, or our, high standards. Please know that we are using your feedback to make sure every aspect of the guest experience is impressive. Thanks again for your detailed and honest review and we look forward to your next great stay with us!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Directly off I-90, along a busy access road, the hotel has recently been renovated. It has all the amenities - free wi-fi, indoor pool and hot tub, small gym, and complimentary breakfast. Our room was on the first floor and has a door that goes outside to the parking lot (very convenient for loading and unloading luggage from the car) and one to the main hallway, a king bed, flat screen tv with lots of cable channels, a small frig, microwave, desk & chair, and upholstered chair and futon. Solid room, clean and comfortable. Also, there was a "manager's special" with complimentary chicken Caesar wraps - all the fixings to make your own - plus beer and wine until 7pm. No views and some noise from the interstate since our room faces it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
PerpetualMovement,
We couldn't have described our room features better ourselves! Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our free Manager's Reception dinner as well as the free hot Express Start breakfast. We look forward to your next great stay with us!
Corona, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This Hotel is clean and convenient and has all he amenities you would expect at a Holiday Inn Express. We booked online and upon check-in, the clerk told me he couldn't give me the rate I reserved at; it was $20 LESS! When does that ever happen? They have a friendly Weimaraner who is the resident mascot and the hard-working staff is friendly from bottom to top. It's obvious that they love their work which is indicative of great management. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. Bed was great with choice of firm or soft pillows, the shower was good, but I seemed to lose hot water rather quickly. They have a nice machine on all 3 floors; two of which were broken, making my search for ice an adventure. They had warm fresh baked cookies at the front desk in the evening and a free breakfast each morning, complete with eggs, biscuits and gravy, selection of breakfast meats, cereal, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, toast and bagels, hard boiled eggs and yogurt, coffee and a selection of teas. I didn't use the pool or spa, but it looked nice. All in all, a great choice at an affordable price.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Mark P,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and the review you shared. You highlighted parts of our hotel that we are most proud of including comfortable & clean rooms, evening cookies, a great hot breakfast, and of course our service-minded staff! Of course our favorite part of the job is meeting and welcoming great guests such as yourself. To address two notes you mentioned, we have just replaced two of our hot water heaters and fixed two of our ice machines. I am truly sorry these impacted your stay, but know that they have gotten proper attention. We look forward to your next great stay with us!
Nang Rong, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I am a well traveled and very busy person of wealth and high standards. I was raised in Coeur d'Alene and return every few years for both business and leisure. I tell you this because I normally cannot be bothered with requests to fill out online surveys or write reviews such as this. I can merely offer the word of a well meaning, experienced traveler. This hotel satisfied my every need and was 100% convenient and courteous in doing so. I cannot say such things often or of many.

I was particularly pleased that all amenities were open and available 24 hours and that the maid service is well organized as to not bother me unless summoned. Once summoned, the maids are prompt and effective. I live and work in Asia and therefore keep a somewhat nocturnal schedule at times. Furthermore, the phone charger that I forgot there was waiting for me at the front desk two days later.

Room Tip: I loved my single king with extra living space.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Nathan S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. Your opinion means a lot to us and it is a pleasure to hear that we were able to accommodate a special schedule and impress you even after check out in making sure an item left behind found its home. Our housekeepers and all staff have a mission to 'Impress Guests' and we thank you for the assurance that we are on the right track! Thanks again and we look forward to your next great stay with us.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've stayed frequently at Holiday Inn Express and this one is definitely at the top of my list. The hotel is about 7 years old but it still looks very new. The rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable. It is easy to get to I-90 and to downtown Coeur D'Alene. The breakfast is very plentiful with lots of choices. There was plenty of seating both inside and outside. I had a suite which faced the back of the property and was very quiet. The room was large with 2 TV's, small kitchenette area. If you needed any dinnerware, etc. you only had to ask for it. The pool and spa were indoors. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of facility are the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grove911
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Grove911,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. It is a pleasure to hear from such a seasoned traveler, especially about your great stay! I am glad you were able to enjoy one of our spacious and quiet suites, all of which are on the backside of the hotel away from the highway. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your return!